Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, NomadicMan said:

Not too bad? I think it's shockingly bad for a 7 day festival and I'm sure there's a fair few bands your not that bothered about in that 24. Woeful line up this year in my opinion but I think Sziget is going more and more towards the teenage crowd.

That's your opinion though, others might find it a fantastic lineup.

myself think it's a solid undercard, but the headliners not my thing. 

My bet for one of the main stage sub-headlinders is Foals. They have similar tour dates to Kasabian leading into it around Eastern Europe, nothing announced between the 31st July and 18th August. Them and plenty of other already announced acts all did 2015 together. After party with Crystal Fighters last year, who have also been announced this year. 

20 minutes ago, thetime said:

That's your opinion though, others might find it a fantastic lineup.

myself think it's a solid undercard, but the headliners not my thing. 

I think it's unlikely anyone gonna find it fantastic this year. But yeah for some ppl I'm sure it's good enough. In my opinion it's horrific ...:P anyways Sziget would be a laugh without any decent bands so I'm sure you all gonna enjoy.

Now I can see the schedule I have to say that I'm pretty well occupied for the duration! 

Having seen the comparison above, I'm as happy with the headliners as most years, and actually have more I want to see than I did last year!

Looks like she's canceled. Very professional of Sziget to do this without an announcement, not. Charli XCX was actually the only one i really cared about in this line-up, now i got literally nobody i REALLY want to see. And 3 acts playing on first day? That's why I paid 50€ more than last year for my ticket? 

Colosseum lineup:

The Advent . Marco Bailey . Many Reasons . DJ W!LD . Hernan Cattaneo . Henry Saiz . Michael Mayer . ANNA . Matador . Heidi . Mano Le Tough . Carl Craig

+ a couple of non international djs to be announced.

Not bad imho.

20 hours ago, Pauwke99 said:

Is it a must to take a camping upgrade ?

nope, I love basic camping and I always go for that. You can find perfect spot if you buy a moving-in ticket, but you can definitely find a good one if you come early on day -1. 

I recommend camping (alternativa camping in particular) if you have a 5 days pass and you want some shady and not too noisy spot. Also if you want some better toilets and more showers; but the basic ones are very good for me.

On 5/5/2017 at 5:15 AM, Diocane said:

Charli XCX replaced by Quimby

See here is the problem in a nutshell.

Charli XCX cancels, someone who has never played the festival before, replaced by a totally unrelated act, a lot smaller act and someone who it seems like has played the festival a hundred times before.

5 minutes ago, 13121782 said:

I read on another forum that in both sziget and balaton you can't bring alcohol into the campsites? if this is true has anybody succeeded in sneaking some in and how did they do it?

Don't know Balaton but at Sziget campsite/festival site is mixed, so you can't bring alcohol.

Consider that alcohol in Hungary is very cheap, a pint is about 2,5€ and a cocktail not more than 4€ (last time I've been was 2014 but I think prices are the same).

6 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

Don't know Balaton but at Sziget campsite/festival site is mixed, so you can't bring alcohol.

Consider that alcohol in Hungary is very cheap, a pint is about 2,5€ and a cocktail not more than 4€ (last time I've been was 2014 but I think prices are the same).

ok cool once pints aren't too expensive that's fine! thanks!

Anyone know the set up for left luggage? IS it safe to leave expensive stuff there, im taking my dslr this year and want to leave it in left luggage during the evening proceedings.

can not find any real info how secure it is, the lockers are to small to put the dslr and lens.

• 2 weeks later...

What are they playing at on the schedules? Rita and Clean Bandit have swapped, Anne-Marie and the Courteeners have swapped. For people whp have planned based on the schedule given this is quite poor.

Worse is that one of the tbc slots they made us believe was a subheadliner, nope, they've slotted in Glass Animals and moved Two Door up. They've shot themselves in the foot really as Two Door are a sub sized band and should have been there from the start but they made us believe something bigger was coming. It's cheeky of them. 

Has anyone else noticed that ticket sales appear to have just stopped? There's been no announcement on that at all. A few weeks ago they couldn't stop telling us how close it was to selling out. 

I'm actually going to head up the second to last day to check out Glass Animals and Mac De Marco. The idea of Two Door subbing is absurd, they didn't sub in 2013 when they were MUCH bigger. But which moron decides to put Glass Animals and Jagwar Ma on at the same time? 

And Alt-J on at the same time as The Courteeners? Really?