• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Nicklord said:

Uncle Liam, ask me about Belgrade if you need anything 

After this, it's definitely a no go for me too. Was 90% now it's 100% :D 

Yeah... what can I do in 18 hours? :)

I have to fly to Budapest on the 14th. To be honest I'd rather have a look around Belgrade for a day. But there were no direct flights on the 15th. So I'll have my first non Sziget night out in Budapest!

50 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

So I'll have my first non Sziget night out in Budapest!

We're gonna hit budapest on the Saturday, was always the plan to spend one night there. The Saturday being bare for us is a great time to explore, any decent bars or attractions you could recommend?

Its should be my 5th sziget. But wtf is this year with the lineup? I saw Major Lazor, Mackelmore Clean Bandit and Rudimental before all on sziget. I am still hoping for Gorillaz. This would really save sziget this year. I also didnt see acts for the coluseum. Is there no coluseum this year? And anyone remeber, when they made their last announcements the last years? Maybe there will be some good, they are just waiting with it.  

53 minutes ago, thetime said:

We're gonna hit budapest on the Saturday, was always the plan to spend one night there. The Saturday being bare for us is a great time to explore, any decent bars or attractions you could recommend?

There is a lot of bars. Go to Szimpla, Fogashaz -instant. There is a lot of nice ruin pubs in the 7. district. Really a lot, but i would not recommend you to go out during sziget, becouse budapest is empty. Even if you dont like the lineup this day, stay on sziget, there are 100 partys on sziget during and after the concerts ;)

3 hours ago, thetime said:

Communist Pizza!

It's a Communist themed Pizza restaurant, called Marxim Pizza. Just make sure you don't get any seafood on your Pizza and you're good to go. 

The fact they've got Biffy as a sub is good.. when I saw Biffy and Macklemore, I assumed our final two headliners. Fact is, they could have said Biffy was a headliner if they really weren't trying.

So in a sense, while the headliners do look weak, it's not an awful announcement.

Would be happy to see Bakermat and Birdy too.

I appreciate that for people who have been to Sziget for a few years this isn't good because of the repetition.

However for me there is only Kasabian of the headliners that I have seen before, and as they are pretty much my husband's favourite band, the opportunity to see the at Sziget is great for us and actually a pretty good draw.

I really like Pink, and Maclemore, and I am really looking forward to both of these. Pink in particular is someone I have hoped to catch at a festival for years but never have. Not sure why Glastonbury haven't booked her? I am potentially interested to see Wiz and Major Lazer dependent on what else is about, And move on if they are not my thing.

I also love The vaccines - one of my favourite live bands, and although I am not a great fan of Rudimental, I caught them supporting Kasabian a couple of years ago and they are tremendous fun live. 

I'll be interested to see Birdy, The Kills, The Pretty Reckless. I could probably enjoy Rita Ora (will probably see how she starts and stick around if she is any good).

There is plenty to keep me occupied, and It being only our second year at Sziget, we still have much of the island to explore properly too!

still one headliner to go too!

Looking forward to it!

Maybe they aren't having the colosseum this year? 

And there's another point, this cost cutting is starting to get a bit out of hand. Obviously, we have lesser acts than previously, the site is demonstrably smaller- look at how the World Music stage has moved. There's certainly less shops than previously. And it could be the case that there's no colosseum now.

Although I do remember one year they sacked off the party arena. 

You know, how we can find it out? If they cut the coloseum too, i am defenetly out. Becouse the only thing i always loved is, if you dont like the concerts, you can go party hard anywhere on sziget. But if they do this, i will not visit sziget. It would be not sziget anyway, if they dont change all the things, which are going totally wrong right now. 25th Sziget and such a shit. I cant belive it. they make it more expensive, shit line up ( if you see the last 4 years) and no coloseum? I will seriously write an email to sziget and i hope they will answer.

1 hour ago, Uncle Liam said:

Maybe they aren't having the colosseum this year? 

And there's another point, this cost cutting is starting to get a bit out of hand. Obviously, we have lesser acts than previously, the site is demonstrably smaller- look at how the World Music stage has moved. There's certainly less shops than previously. And it could be the case that there's no colosseum now.

Although I do remember one year they sacked off the party arena. 

Where you can see this?

Colosseum is not closed 

1- some months ago they promoted a competition on social media. They were looking for designers to renew some structures, Colosseum included. 

2- Carl Craig and DJ Wild self-confirmed, and they are obviously playing Colosseum.

http://gigs.gigatools.com/gig/677750

http://gigs.gigatools.com/gig/675587

Sziget always announces Colosseum at last, the whole lineup in one announcement. 

2 hours ago, Diocane said:

Colosseum is not closed 

1- some months ago they promoted a competition on social media. They were looking for designers to renew some structures, Colosseum included. 

2- Carl Craig and DJ Wild self-confirmed, and they are obviously playing Colosseum.

http://gigs.gigatools.com/gig/677750

http://gigs.gigatools.com/gig/675587

Sziget always announces Colosseum at last, the whole lineup in one announcement. 

I am very glad to hear that. So the other stages from last year will be there too i guess?