Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, thetime said:

But the anniversary didn't make any difference who actually played. 

True!

For Sziget, it's more the price increase than the anniversary that should bring bigger names. With more money, they can bring a band that's not touring atm. Bring on Radiohead and you're forgiven for life!

1 minute ago, neshman86 said:

Why do you think alt-j is not headliner name? Two years ago they were...

Two years ago Kasabian played before Avicii, seems like they will headline this time :)

Not bad, they just switched, and both will have a new album (Kasabian for sure at least).

At Sziget, both Head and Sub get 90min. Some are better fit for the sunset slot, some better for the dark. Alt-J at sunset and Kasabian as a proper headliner is better for me :) 

4 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Also are you guy sure that PJ Harvey won't headline? She never played in Hungary as far as I know. Maybe play with some dj after?

She won't be an outright headliner. She could play before a DJ obviously, but the way she's placed on the poster means she's a level below!

I am journalist, and i got mail from Sziget press, so:

This time, besides the already announced names, we can find PJ Harvey, Alt-J, Rudimental live, George Ezra, White Lies and Dubioza Kolektiv on the Dan Panaitescu Main Stage. One of the favorite venues of the festival, the huge A38 tent, will host once again music for all like The Naked and Famous, Mando Diao, Anne-Marie, Andy C, Watsky, Nothing But Thieves, Léon, Bear’s Den, Chef’Special, De Staat, Valentino Khan, The Strypes, Rone and Weval among the already announced names. The electronic party central of the island, the giant tent of Arena, is happy to have Steve Aoki and Nervo this round.

Now, my fear is that Rudimental are going to be headliner, then we have 3 electronic acts as main concerts

18 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Also guys. You have to check out Dubioza Kolektiv. Always fun live! :D 

Well, they are a nice band and all, but here they come here (in Romania) almost on an yearly basis and probably this happens for most of the countries in Central and Eastern Europe, including Hungary. So not a very spectacular name even for a small festival in my country.

I am looking forward to Rudimantal. I caught them supporting Kasabian at Leicester and they are tremendous live! I think it's a bit unfair to call them EDM - it's dance music, but it's with a lot of instruments and very much live music.

2 hours ago, Sietseo said:

Pinkpop had Rolling Stones at their anniversary 3 years ago. Im kinda hoping for something big like pearl jam

I hear ya, mate! Pearl Jam would be fantastic. Eddie Vedder is playing solo gig in Firenze, Italy at the end of the june, i think, and i hope the full band will come to Sziget

18 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Foo Fighters just announced solo gig in Budapest, which rules them out of Sziget.
BTW, Architests also announced solo show on August 15, don't know, maybe something went wrong between them and festival management. 

C5qcqiVUsAEHBrk.jpg

Last year Foals and Crystal Fighters played on the day we had to leave from the island! Sometimes it's not about problems with the management :)

Crystal Fighters are back so hopefully Sziget didn't take Foals last year because they were playing this year (more 2015 band but they would be perfect subbing for Kasabian!

14 minutes ago, Noeliam said:

Last year Foals and Crystal Fighters played on the day we had to leave from the island! Sometimes it's not about problems with the management :)

Yeah, I also was there, but it's a little bit different.
Foals / CF / Slaves played the day after festival and that show was promoted as "official afterparty". IMO, in 2016 there were so many big names that it's simply wasn't any slot in Sziget schedule for Foals. Also there probably will be a similiar gig in Budapest park this year on 17th.
Achitects' gig, as I understood, is a completely separate show which will take place the day before the festival ends. For example, one of my friends hoped to see them at Sziget, but now she needs to choose between them and the headliner of 15th (and if it's Kasabian, she'll be dead).

2 minutes ago, Mondo-kun said:

Yeah, I also was there, but it's a little bit different.
Foals / CF / Slaves played the day after festival and that show was promoted as "official afterparty". IMO, in 2016 there were so many big names that it's simply wasn't any slot in Sziget schedule for Foals. Also there probably will be a similiar gig in Budapest park this year on 17th.
Achitects' gig, as I understood, is a completely separate show which will take place the day before the festival ends. For example, one of my friends hoped to see them at Sziget, but now she needs to choose between them and the headliner of 15th (and if it's Kasabian, she'll be dead).

Thanks for the clarification!!

No worry though, the top 2 bands on main stage on the 15th will be Alt-J and Dimitri Vegas&Like Mike :)