Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, SpongeNob said:

What are good festivals to compare to - that will most likely have those acts playing at Sziget? Like Sound 2017 for example. I could see some of those acts playing Sziget 

Pukkelpop, Lowlands, Reading, V festival, Frequency, Zurich openair, Highfield, Lokerse, Rock en seine, Oya, Way Out West, Grape, Dimensions.

I don't know what you mean with Sound 2017

6 hours ago, siiiim said:

Not really imo. There's almost no choice of alcohol at all. You'll be sick of Dreher by the end of the festival, cause there's nothing else to drink.. :( Price wise.. still a good festival for booze i guess. :D

I thought there was a great choice compared to most festivals. A decent cider on tap with a great price too. Easy to buy shorts, an actual choice of wines, and some interesting shots (Palinka seems to taste like bleach in any flavour but is quite a buzz when you knock it back!) and cocktails - and all stupidly cheap (for me from the UK anyway - & we'd already had the Brexit  £ crash before I went last year)

On 2/9/2017 at 10:21 AM, king_oxymoron said:

Hi Liam 

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, people.

No, plenty of headliners still to come. There's 7 days of music, beginning on the 9th August (day -1) - on this day not all the stages are open but there's plenty going on and acts all day on the main stage as usual - a higher proportion of Hungarian acts but usually a big international headliner. We don't think we have had this name yet. The music goes on until the 15th August.

Overall so far we have had three headliners (Kasabian, Major Lazer and Dmitri Vegas/Like Mike). The latter will headline the End Party, but as in recent years there's usually a fairly decent name on before them. That means there's four headliners and a potentially big sub on the final day still to come. 

Overall how many acts to announce is hard to say. Plenty, though, I would have thought. These are literally described on the website as 'the first names'. I would imagine as we still have over 50% of headliners to come that we still have over 50% of undercard to come also.

Hope this helps, it's a top festival.

hey guys,

I need your help on this. I can (and want) only to see Kasabian. I see there are single day tickets available on sale, however they are for particular day - ticket for 09 Aug, ticket for 10 Aug...etc. No stage dates yet, so how am I to predict what day Kasabian will be playing. 

See I am travelling from Bulgaria and there's of course limitation on plane flights dates. I also need to book hotels. Basically  I can come on Friday (11th) and leave on Monday (14th). Is there a chance I can predict Kasabian playing on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday? Your thoughts please

Thanks

39 minutes ago, good_dey said:

hey guys,

I need your help on this. I can (and want) only to see Kasabian. I see there are single day tickets available on sale, however they are for particular day - ticket for 09 Aug, ticket for 10 Aug...etc. No stage dates yet, so how am I to predict what day Kasabian will be playing. 

See I am travelling from Bulgaria and there's of course limitation on plane flights dates. I also need to book hotels. Basically  I can come on Friday (11th) and leave on Monday (14th). Is there a chance I can predict Kasabian playing on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday? Your thoughts please

Thanks

We don't know yet the exact date of their performance.

However, they are playing the 18th of august at a festival in Japan, and Sziget already has DV and Major Lazer as headliners for the last two days. So I'd say that there's a good chance that Kasabian will perform Friday-Saturday or Sunday :) 

But they could end up playing on day -1 or day 0... will try to give you an update asap!

Agree, I'd take Band of Horses and George Ezra too. 

And there's a lot of freaking good electronic for colosseum or a38: Mr Oizo, Ben Klock, Len Faki, RODHAD, Dave Clarke, Robert Hood live, Sigma live, Noize live, Bjarki, Mind Against, What so not, Ben UFO, that would be massive

22 new names in the Sziget line-up! 
PJ Harvey * alt-J * Rudimental live * George Ezra * The Naked And Famous * Steve Aoki * White Lies * Mando Diao * NERVO * Anne-Marie * ANDY C * Watsky * The Strypes * Nothing But Thieves * LÉON * Bear's Den * Dubioza kolektiv * Chef'Special * De Staat * Valentino Khan * Rone * Weval live 

No new headliner in this bunch.

Edited by neacaisa

8 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

22 new names in the Sziget line-up! 
PJ Harvey * alt-J * Rudimental live * George Ezra * The Naked And Famous * Steve Aoki * White Lies * Mando Diao * NERVO * Anne-Marie * ANDY C * Watsky * The Strypes * Nothing But Thieves * LÉON * Bear's Den * Dubioza kolektiv * Chef'Special * De Staat * Valentino Khan * Rone * Weval live 

Very happy as we don't have a headliner in this announcement but some quality in the undercard.

Alt-J subbing a 7 days festival after headlining Pukkelpop is a great coup! PJ Harvey is quality music. George Ezra will finally sing Budapest at Sziget, i'm sure it's gonna be a special moment.

White Lies (my favorite artist of this announcement!!) is gonna be so good :)

I highly recommend you to check "Rone". French DJ, he's gonna play in the A38 and it's gonna be maaaaaaaaaad!

Well, if you take out PJ Harvey and George Ezra, I find it a pretty boring and basic announcement. Not too much to be excited about. 

Probably, Alt-J will sub for one of the electronic acts as they're biggest name from the non-headliners list yet. 

I don't understand why they take so long for the headliners, just 3/7 up until March is very few, especially with the early announcements of this year. As an anniversary edition and after they raised the ticket prices again, it's not a very exciting line up imo.

5 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

an anniversary edition and after they raised the ticket prices again, it's not a very exciting line up imo.

Anniversary is just marketing rubbish that people always fall for. Out of all the so called anniversary festivals I've been to, none have actually been any stronger than other years. They will still have the same budget, have the same specific bands around at the time of the festival.

9 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

Well, if you take out PJ Harvey and George Ezra, I find it a pretty boring and basic announcement. Not too much to be excited about. 

Probably, Alt-J will sub for one of the electronic acts as they're biggest name from the non-headliners list yet. 

I don't understand why they take so long for the headliners, just 3/7 up until March is very few, especially with the early announcements of this year. As an anniversary edition and after they raised the ticket prices again, it's not a very exciting line up imo.

Alt-J will play before the end show on the 15th :)

They could have many reasons of not announcing. Maybe Livenation/ Festival Republic have a clause with some artists; maybe the sales are going well and will keep the surprises for the loyal fans... who knows!

3 minutes ago, thetime said:

Anniversary is just marketing rubbish that people always fall for. Out of all the so called anniversary festivals I've been to, none have actually been any stronger than other years. They will still have the same budget, have the same specific bands around at the time of the festival.

The 10th anniversary of NOS last year was excellent ^^