Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Uncle Liam said:

Metronomy in the midnight slot on the A38 would be excellent. 

Metronomy, The Kills, Clean Bandit, Billy Talent and Kasabian are on main stage;

2 last dj's on party arena;

Leningrad on world music, and all the others on A38. Im looking forward to the midnight slots of Flume and Crystal Fighters mostly ;)

For the moment Kasabian, ML, DV&LM are obviously listed as headliners on sziget's website, cause they're the biggest acts on the mainstage now. But at sziget headlining and co-headlining is pretty much the same thing so there could be other "headliner-size" playing with each of these three. E.G. Kasabian headlined with avicii, ML with kings of leon last time.

There's no Rudimental, it was a mistake I suppose.

55 minutes ago, neacaisa said:

16422569_1268524719860551_44992823937306

Summer well festival in Romania, all that are not announced yet have a good chance for sziget now.

Would take both in A38, especially Birdy :) 

I guess we can count on a Balaton/ Volt announcement and have something by the end of february (we'll know more with the Pukkelpop lineup which comes in march?)

My husband loves Kasabian so is delighted with that announcement, but also absolutely adores Birdy and she is someone we've not seen before. We would be delighted if she was on the line up and she would be a 'must see' against almost anyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Liam 

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, people.

No, plenty of headliners still to come. There's 7 days of music, beginning on the 9th August (day -1) - on this day not all the stages are open but there's plenty going on and acts all day on the main stage as usual - a higher proportion of Hungarian acts but usually a big international headliner. We don't think we have had this name yet. The music goes on until the 15th August.

Overall so far we have had three headliners (Kasabian, Major Lazer and Dmitri Vegas/Like Mike). The latter will headline the End Party, but as in recent years there's usually a fairly decent name on before them. That means there's four headliners and a potentially big sub on the final day still to come. 

Overall how many acts to announce is hard to say. Plenty, though, I would have thought. These are literally described on the website as 'the first names'. I would imagine as we still have over 50% of headliners to come that we still have over 50% of undercard to come also.

Hope this helps, it's a top festival.

I think The Chemical Brothers weren't announced til about June last year!

It a bit like Glastonbury in that it's a great festival pretty much regardless of the line up - loads to do and see, a great vibe, and interesting music you've not heard before all over the place - but I do think you need a handful of acts you'd like to see just to give it some focus - especially as it is such a long festival.

On 2/9/2017 at 5:30 PM, Uncle Liam said:

It's a great festival for boozing there's no doubt about that

Not really imo. There's almost no choice of alcohol at all. You'll be sick of Dreher by the end of the festival, cause there's nothing else to drink.. :( Price wise.. still a good festival for booze i guess. :D

39 minutes ago, SpongeNob said:

With Linkin Park releasing a new single next week, and an album on the way - reckon they might make an appearance at Sziget? Especially with Reading and Leeds around the same time. 

What other acts are people thinking might make an appearance? 

LP are playing Volt festiwal at the end of june, i think their european tour ends in first week of July. They won't be at Reading / Leeds for sure.