Sziget Festival 2017

#1SzigetFan

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

The Chemical Brothers don't mix anything live too, it's pretty much the same as miming for singers. They tweak a thing or two but the set is the same everywhere. 

To be honest I saw them last year and had high hopes but didn't like them ... But somehow they are highly rated with their live sets. 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that it's relevant to Sziget but The Chemical Brothers do mix live, the reason the show doesn't change all the time is because of the visual show that goes with it. They have a full rig of various bits and bobs which they are constantly tinkering with. 

This is unlike the 'DJ's' like Guetta and Harris who have a laptop and a pre recorded playlist. 

There's a big difference between being a live dance act like The Chems and a 'superstar DJ' who has a laptop and some crappy lasers bought from Amazon. 

This article here explains it

22 hours ago, Nicklord said:

I saw them on their 2010 tour twice and the set was literally the same. Everything was the same from start to finish. Liam from Prodigy also says that they play and mix live but you can pretty much hear that last 7-8 years it's not the case. 

I don't have a problem with the prodigy playing live, they have a band with them after all- although obviously a lot of it is pre recorded synths. As opposed to these 'superstar DJ's' who mime pushing buttons on a laptop. 

My problem with the Prodigy, as I've said, is the two idiots shouting repeatedly over what is actually some pretty good music.

1 minute ago, Mondo-kun said:

Kasabian, Interpol, The Kills, The Pretty Reckless, Metronomy, Rudimental, Clean Bandit, Charli XCX, Fritz Kalkbrenner, Jagwar Ma, Danny Brown, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, Maurice West.
Way better than first announcement, IMO!

Where are these from?

Only ones I've seen from a reliable source so far are Kasabian, Interpol (now both confirmed) and Billy Talent (don't hold me to that though)

3 minutes ago, AndrewSmith said:

Where are these from?

Only ones I've seen from a reliable source so far are Kasabian, Interpol (now both confirmed) and Billy Talent (don't hold me to that though)

Official Sziget page on VK.
This post is deleted now for unknown reasons, maybe early annoucement.
Leningrad is also on the list.

Screenshot_2017-01-25-13-10-56.png

Kasabian * Flume * Interpol * Billy Talent * Jamie Cullum* Charli XCX * The Kills * Clean Bandit * METRONOMY * The Pretty Reckless * Danny Brown * Crystal Fighters * FRITZ KALKBRENNER * Cashmere Cat * Jagwar Ma * Leningrad

Really good: Kasabian, Flume, Interpol, The Kills, Metronomy, Crystal Fighters, Fritz!
Might watch: Billy Talent, Jamie Cullum, Jagwar Ma, Leningrad.

soo happy