Camping set up

dannylrq

Second time at Leeds this year, we haven't got early entry but will be arriving at about 6:30am on the Thursday, any chance you think there will be some space left in red/orange? There will be 4x 3 man tents for our group so may require a fairly big plot..

Last year we arrived at about 10:30 ish and had to set up in orange funfair which was a nightmare due the hill and the rides hahaha. 

Cheers for any help! 

1 hour ago, dannylrq said:

Second time at Leeds this year, we haven't got early entry but will be arriving at about 6:30am on the Thursday, any chance you think there will be some space left in red/orange? There will be 4x 3 man tents for our group so may require a fairly big plot..

Last year we arrived at about 10:30 ish and had to set up in orange funfair which was a nightmare due the hill and the rides hahaha. 

Cheers for any help! 

Pure luck to be honest mate - ticket sales have apparently done well so Red could fill up slightly quicker than past couple of years. I would have thought you'll get in or around Red at that time but obviously, earlier the better. 

Something me and my mates do if we turn up a little later is drag our stuff to the Red side of the Relentless Valley or to the bottom of the Red/Picadilly Hill and then the main group will wait there while 1 or 2 go scout out Red for a decent spot. Saves you carrying everything back and forth if there aren't any spaces.

10 minutes ago, Cammers said:

Pure luck to be honest mate - ticket sales have apparently done well so Red could fill up slightly quicker than past couple of years. I would have thought you'll get in or around Red at that time but obviously, earlier the better. 

Something me and my mates do if we turn up a little later is drag our stuff to the Red side of the Relentless Valley or to the bottom of the Red/Picadilly Hill and then the main group will wait there while 1 or 2 go scout out Red for a decent spot. Saves you carrying everything back and forth if there aren't any spaces.

Ah nice one, cheers mate. Happy to go in orange too if red is busy, just don't want to end up in the funfair again!