Cooking on the campsite

liamlyness

Hi,

This is my first thread so don't judge :lol:

Next week I am going to Leeds which will be my first festival experience. I was wondering what cookers are aloud in the campsite? I currently have a explotion proof butane stove, is this aloud to be used there or not?

http://www.leedsfestival.com/sites/live.b.leedsfestival.com/files/images/leeds_banned_items_list_2016.pdf

This list mentions canister fitted stoves - but also says separate gas canisters are banned too so that makes me think stoves are altogether banned... 

I don't see how this is more dangerous than the size of campfires that everyone has though!

If you want to avoid being turned back at the gate, you could leave it in your car but take a photo and show the security as you go in to get their opinion. Or you could submit a question on the 'Contact Us' page of their website.

If you're not allowed it in, we usually just create a makeshift grill/hot plate to put over an open fire and put open cans of potatoes/curry on it to warm it through - Jut remember not to touch the can for a while after!! 

For Pot Noodles etc, just go to one of the food vans, they will give you hot water for small price or for free.

On 19/08/2016 at 0:42 PM, Cammers said:

http://www.leedsfestival.com/sites/live.b.leedsfestival.com/files/images/leeds_banned_items_list_2016.pdf

This list mentions canister fitted stoves - but also says separate gas canisters are banned too so that makes me think stoves are altogether banned... 

I don't see how this is more dangerous than the size of campfires that everyone has though!

Looks like campfires are banned now too and if security spots one they apparently have the rights to remove you from the festival on the spot. Dunno what to think of this, never left leeds not smelling of campfires before

On 8/20/2016 at 6:52 PM, kaytee... said:

Looks like campfires are banned now too and if security spots one they apparently have the rights to remove you from the festival on the spot. Dunno what to think of this, never left leeds not smelling of campfires before

Does any body have the ruling they set out last year?

You could say that so long as your fire is no more than one foot in diameter and isn't above knee height, it's authorized but I'm nervous that they have actually gone and completely banned them.

http://www.leedsfestival.com/information/camping

7 hours ago, Cammers said:

Does any body have the ruling they set out last year?

You could say that so long as your fire is no more than one foot in diameter and isn't above knee height, it's authorized but I'm nervous that they have actually gone and completely banned them.

http://www.leedsfestival.com/information/camping

Looks like they've completely banned them like a lot of other festivals this year. Also no gas canisters for stoves either. Suppose we'll see how it goes. If they're not gonna be selling firewood then people are just gonna start burning anything

"Unauthorised bonfires/fires are not permitted anywhere at all at the festival. 

Anyone seen creating or fuelling a bonfire will be evicted from the festival site on the spot.

Anyone found burning any unsuitable materials such as toxic materials, other people’s possessions or the fencing, trees or hedges onsite will be liable to eviction/prosecution."

Edited by kaytee...

• 11 months later...
On 22/08/2016 at 2:54 PM, kaytee... said:

Looks like they've completely banned them like a lot of other festivals this year. Also no gas canisters for stoves either. Suppose we'll see how it goes. If they're not gonna be selling firewood then people are just gonna start burning anything

"Unauthorised bonfires/fires are not permitted anywhere at all at the festival. 

Anyone seen creating or fuelling a bonfire will be evicted from the festival site on the spot.

Anyone found burning any unsuitable materials such as toxic materials, other people’s possessions or the fencing, trees or hedges onsite will be liable to eviction/prosecution."

Incorrect. 

Ecologs have been confirmed that they will be there this year.

Campfires are indeed allowed, however they need to be controlled and below knee height. If they are bigger, stewards won't hesitate in dousing them with water.