First festival few questions

Kimmyb123

As the title says its my first festival and I had a few questions.First off will it be easy to find a spot in orange for a few tents with my friends at around 2pm on Wednesday or will it be quite full?Also what's some general tips since its my first time?Any help would be great cheers in advance!

At 2pm Wednesday which is when the gates open, you'll only be battling with a couple of thousand of people for a spot on the entire site. Orange will be especially quiet at that time.

Base your clothes/footwear on the latest possible weather forecast but also prepare for typical British weather (torrential downpours).

Don't take anything valuable that you don't really need, buy a £15 festival phone for example.

Bin bags and paracetamol solve 99.9% of all problems at R&L.

Duck taping your jean's pockets stops money/items falling out.

Drink plenty of water in the morning/day - it's a marathon, not a race.

Camp at least 100m away from any toilets - the smell by Sunday is mentally scarring.

Go find the party at Relentless Stage on Thursday night. It's in a cool little valley between Orange and Red.

Alternatively, Picadilly at the bottom of Orange is decent and you will find yourself singing along to a lot of songs being played there.

If you're leaving Sunday night, take your tent down and take it to your car Sunday morning, you won't appreciate doing all that work when you're exhausted and when it's dark.

Be extra wary of fires in the campsite on Sunday - a very small percentage of festival goers sometimes decide to turn Sunday afternoon/evening in to a scene off The Purge.

Look after your friends and don't give them a reason to look after you - be sensible, don't take anything from strangers and enjoy the weekend :)