Oh, Must Sees!

FactCheckinCuz

So we've all been doing our homework...who can you absolutely not miss?

Really looking forward to the music this year. Mine are Sam beam and Jesca Hoop, Lail Arad, Lucy Dacus and Kevin Morby, of the people I haven't seen. Of the people I have seen then Ezra Furman will be great, Martha and Tigercats are always fantastic and Teenage Fanclub (if I'm not dead by Sunday night!)

Of those I haven't seen before only Laura Gibson, Thee Oh Sees and Teenage Fanclub are must sees. Very keen to see Beak, The Blind Shake, Karl Blau and The Garden too

Of those I have seen and will be delighted to see again Meilyr Jones, Shopping, Jeffrey Lewis, Kevin Morby and Weaves top the list.

Want to see King Gizzard but I'll be at Thurston Moore hoping for something brilliant, expecting to regret the choice

Compared to last years line up, particularly the top billings, I personally find this year's line up pretty well underwhelming.

Having said that I'm looking forward to seeing Sam Beam and Jesca Hoop, Bat For Lashes, Thurston MooreGroup, Dawn Landes, Jeffrey Lewis, Thee Oh Sees, Phosphorecent, and no doubt as in previous years thare will be several totally unknown acts which that will be good.

We went for the first time last year - I loved the line up and dragged my husband along for our 30th wedding anniversary.  We enjoyed it so much we're going back but have to admit this years line up doesn't include anyone I'll be desperate to see.  Going with a completely open mind hoping to be won over by artists I've never seen or listened to.  My husband has been on Spotify researching for weeks.....

Must not miss...

Shins, Margo Price (star on the rise), Savages (top of their game), Laura Gibson, Jeffrey Lewis (an interesting new find for me), Ezra Furman (great live), The Blind Shake (Simon Taffe reckons they're the best live act he's seen this year), Imarhan, King Gizzard (just nuts), Thee Oh Sees (great live), Teenage Fanclub.

Must not miss..........

I've been listening a lot to the Spotify play list. Savages just great, can't wait to see them. Weaves, US girls, Mothers ( love the album), Thurston Moore, Dr Dog, a lot of others that clash so going to be hard to choose between , Basia Bulit/ Local Natives , Cats Eyes/Goat/Steve Mason,

Looking forward to my first EOTR, praying that the good weather doesn't fall apart completely. I can deal with the cold nights but not both together !

Ezra is a must see, other than that my mind is open and my choices will be dictated by timings, clashes and walks to from other stages. I'll make a big effort to see Margo Price and JD McPherson. Kevin Morby is almost a must see, and Phosphorescent. M.Ward too. Sam Beam and Jesca Hoop are also at the top of the list. And Steve Mason, Cats Eyes, Eleanor Friedberger, Futur Primitif, Melyr Jones and Teenage Fanclub.

I'm not bothered about the Woods stage headliners and don't intend seeing any of them, but there are some intriguing acts way down the bill, as always, and I expect several of them to be among the highlights, and at least one of 'em to blow me away. 

51 minutes ago, riverlodge said:

bit similar to paulwa

Shins, M O N E Y, Mothers, Lucy Dacus, Big Moon, EZZZRAAAAA!!!, King Gizzard

(and unlikely to miss Anna Meredith either)

Crumbs, I missed off Lucy Dacus (excellent album) and Goat (for being unusual). Sunflower Bean would be a 'nice to see', but it looks like they'll clash with King Gizzard and Thee Oh Sees. I also agree with @Fat_Buddha comments about the WS headliners. Nothing of interest there for me either. 

Must see's are Thurston Moore, Steve Mason, Animal Collective, Broken Social Scene, Goat, Teenage Fanclub, Dilly Dally, Joanna Newsome, Phosphorescent, Sunflower Bean, Anna Meredith and Basia Bulat.

Wouldn't mind seeing Savages, Thee Oh See's and Bat for Lashes

Pretty sure there's gonna be some clashes...

On 17/08/2016 at 2:01 PM, swashbubbler said:

Want to see King Gizzard but I'll be at Thurston Moore hoping for something brilliant, expecting to regret the choice

Thurston was excellent when I saw him last year. His band are excellent and he still brings the skronk

Don't expect any Sonic Youth stuff though. 

Must see's are - Savages, Bat For Lashes, Thurston Moore Group, Teenage Fanclub, Shins; mainly as I've not seen them before or not for ages!

Saw Whitney, Kevin Morby, Fews, Ezra and King Gizzard at Green Man and they were all excellent so you won't be disappointed if you get chance to see them.

Of those I haven't seen before:

Teleman, Omar Souleyman, Animal collective, Beak, Younghusband, Imarhan, Bill-Ryder-Jones

Of those have already seen

Savages, Throws, Steve Mason

Massive Clashes:

Bat For Lashes/Ezrra Furman - Probably Ezra but BfL's Bride set looks very interesting and she does not seem to be doing a major tour. Ironically we were at a wedding when she played Brighton.

Massive overlap on Sunday of Devendra Banhart, Thurston Moore, King Gizzard, Sunflower Bean, Scritti Politti

Lets hope there is movement on the clashfinder front. When did they announce timings last year? Must be close now

Just back from Greenman and saw a few acts who are also playing here. Highlight was Kevin Morby by a country mile - best thing i've seen for a long time. Gizzard were also great, as was Meilyr. Missed Beak and Ezra, so definitely need to catch those. Other must sees are Futur Primitif, Shins, Dawn Landes, Phosphorescent, Sam and Jess, Thurston and the Oh Sees. This is all before i've started doing Clashfinder, so i'd expect the list to grow!

Got back yesterday from Beautiful Days, hoping that the weather will be better, but all in all a great festival, didn't get to see Ezra Furman whilst we were there and a lot of people were sayng some goodthings about him, so may try and catch him, although it looks as if there will be a clash with Bat For Lashes.

I wish that there was a space to fit in Oh My God! It's The Church this year as they were such a fantastic and fun act to getting things going on Sunday, still perhaps next year:

On 8/17/2016 at 0:24 PM, FactCheckinCuz said:

So we've all been doing our homework...who can you absolutely not miss?

Really looking forward to the music this year. Mine are Sam beam and Jesca Hoop, Lail Arad, Lucy Dacus and Kevin Morby, of the people I haven't seen. Of the people I have seen then Ezra Furman will be great, Martha and Tigercats are always fantastic and Teenage Fanclub (if I'm not dead by Sunday night!)

Friday is a great day for me: Weaves, Dilly Dally, Tigercats, MONEY, Phosphorescent and Methyl Ethyl. Not too bothered about the headliners though.

Saturday only Younghusband, The Garden and Steve Mason stand out, so will just dip in and out of other bands and hopefully discover something good.

Sunday: The Blind shake, King Izzard, Sunflower Bean and Teenage Fanclub with a bit of Thee Oh Sees set for good measure.

Can't wait now

Edited by juliadevitt