National Express coaches

merago

Thinking about coaching it down next year, but wondered - is there much difference in price between the National Express coaches and the See Tickets coaches?  I'd be travelling likely from Glasgow or Edinburgh and just starting to consider the best options for getting there should the ticket gods be smiling on me.  Any feedback on how anyone found the coach journey from Edinburgh/Glasgow would be welcome too.

I read somewhere that the See Tickets coaches total up to more than the National Express, and you cannot pick a time unless travelling from London or Bristol. Though going through See gives you a second shot at tickets. Theres some mention of Glasgow coaches and general coach chat on the last 2 pages of this topic:

I travelled on national express from Liverpool in 2015 and got there at GATE A at 10am just after it opened, didn't get a spot in Pennards but a decent one in Dairy. Coming back was also a breeze, straight on and to sleep with 1 service station stop. I actually missed my return coach this year having overslept, also lost my coach ticket and only had the email confirmation and they were still happy to let me on the next one.

I'm in a similar predicament to you as its either sacrifice a ticket day or sacrifice missing out on the first few hours/day of the fest..

Just 1 driver per van, done this for the past 6 years, we go down on the Tuesday, steady drive a few stops the last one being at a pub just outside Glastonbury town were we have food sorted. Into the car parks then into the queue...... normally in and pitched up by 09:30 am :):):) 

We stop in Glastonbury Town on the Monday night, so we don`t leave the festival until late Monday afternoon (means we can all have a GOOD Sunday night)

• 1 month later...

I did national express this year after failing in the coach sale. I didn't think there was much difference in either the cost or service. National express hire other coaches in to meet demand so it is highly unlikely it will be a nice comfortable modern coach!! However it doesn't really matter to me... Being driven home is a huge bonus!