Who's going then

Michaels denim shorts

Have you two been before? 

Looking at the weather it's the usual mixed bag of sunshine rain and thunderstorms forecast for the next week 

http://m.accuweather.com/en/gb/ottery-st-mary/ex11-1/weather-forecast/327640

anything will be better than last years total washout..

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

1 hour ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Have you two been before? 

Looking at the weather it's the usual mixed bag of sunshine rain and thunderstorms forecast for the next week 

http://m.accuweather.com/en/gb/ottery-st-mary/ex11-1/weather-forecast/327640

anything will be better than last years total washout..

oh no not again!!!!

...as opposed to 2015s washout and 2014's washout and 2013s washout, and 2012's washout, and 2011's washout.... there's a pattern developing here.

10 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

oh no not again!!!!

...as opposed to 2015s washout and 2014's washout and 2013s washout, and 2012's washout, and 2011's washout.... there's a pattern developing here.

Last year was the worst by mile in the 6 I've done. I don't really recall more than the odd shower in 2014  or 2013, 2012 was a bit wet and 2011 was glorious sunshine throughout wasn't it? 

6 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

in my mind it's just rain rain rain and I've been to every one - I'm sure it's been fine one year - just the mud blurs them all into one.

I need a sunny one to improve my memory and remind me of those years when it hasn't been wet.

We definitely need a sunny one. The pack down & clear up in the chronic rain last year was not fun. Id rather not have a repeat of that 

I think it's rained a bit to some extent in all 6 I've been to, but 2011 was only for about an hour one lunch time and dried up just as quick. We all came home massively sunburnt anyway 

Edited by Michaels denim shorts

Ah no there's also a train station at Feniton - and FREE shuttle bus from Feniton Station to the pedestrian gate (RED GATE) running from Thursday to Monday – it runs on a loop so just wait for it at the station, it will be clearly marked for the festival.

The wife and I are going, heading down to Exmouth on the Wednesday evening and staying with friends overnight and then all heading off for BD together on Thursday morning.

On the weather front, I don't know how accurate Metchech is, but each time I've checked the last few days it shows no rain over the whole weekend. We last went in 2013, and if I remember correctly there was some quite considerable rain on the Saturday, but the other two days were pretty decent.

3 minutes ago, 5co77ie said:

Ah no there's also a train station at Feniton - and FREE shuttle bus from Feniton Station to the pedestrian gate (RED GATE) running from Thursday to Monday – it runs on a loop so just wait for it at the station, it will be clearly marked for the festival.

I don't actually know what gate they are wristbanding crew at this year, it was different in 2014 & 2015, I shall find out