AUSSIE DOING LEEDS SOLO

Clockett89

G'Day, Im currently on a backpacking trip through Europe, i saw the line up to lis festival and can not resist. can people give me some pointers as i will be heading there solo. 

- where would the best place to be to camp? i understand there are a few different camp sites? do solo festival goers tend to camp in the same area or are they spend out. 

- how much are drinks in the festival?

- is it easy to find "supplements" in the festival?

- is there atm machines easily available or is better to come with cash?

also any other information you have that you think would be helpful would be appreciated. and if any one is looking for someone to camp with i could be down for it, although I'm not to worried about meeting people i think it should be pretty easy. 

6 hours ago, Clockett89 said:

- where would the best place to be to camp? i understand there are a few different camp sites? do solo festival goers tend to camp in the same area or are they spend out. 

The campsite is one huge campsite, however its split into different colours. I've linked the 2015 version of the map here, however the layout will remain the same. Blue/Red is the place to be if you don't intend to sleep much and would prefer to party until the early hours (this is where i'll be - blue). Orange is a mix between partying and relaxed area, i've camped here a few times but blue is for me. The rest of the area to the right is quiet camping but this is a long walk from the arena. 

6 hours ago, Clockett89 said:

- how much are drinks in the festival?

Outside the arena, a crate of lager was £20/25 last year I believe.
Inside the arena it was around £5-6 p/ pint as 0Americana said above. 

3 hours ago, 0Americana said:

- is it easy to find "supplements" in the festival?

Quite unspecific what you need but I will take that as the speciality kind, they're everywhere on blue/red. If you mean camping equipment etc, then yes there are various stalls that sell relevant equipment. 

is there atm machines easily available or is better to come with cash?

There are a group of Cash Machines in the village (outside of the arena).
In the arena there are groups of machines doted around but note, all the machines charge £2.75 to withdraw from.

also any other information you have that you think would be helpful would be appreciated. and if any one is looking for someone to camp with i could be down for it, although I'm not to worried about meeting people i think it should be pretty easy. 

I saw in another post you commented on you wanted to find out more regarding travel (i think!) I can confirm there is a shuttle bus directly from Leeds City Centre. I'm going to presume you'll be catching the train to Leeds so I wouldn't worry about it being much hassle.

If you do want to camp at Blue/Red I would definitely suggest an early bird entry ticket as this tends to fill up quite rapidly. If you do want to find a large group be more then welcome to head to blue, opposite the Festival Angels tent (where you can buy a cup for £5 and get hot drinks/hot water throughout the festival for free - perfect for pot noodles etc). This area is where i'll be with around 25-30 others. 

• 2 weeks later...