2017 Wish List

Comfy Bean

3 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

If Jake Bugg is " active " then I would not be surprised if he got a headline slot at KC. Had almost forgotten about him. He used to pop up everywhere you looked.

Jamiroquai back on the scene and has confirmed for boardmasters, and the KC weekend on their website is blank in between two other weekend dates... That's my logic anyway! 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Lowther Calling said:

Jamiroquai back on the scene and has confirmed for boardmasters, and the KC weekend on their website is blank in between two other weekend dates... That's my logic anyway! 

Good shout. Wouldnt be top of my list, but would be up there having a dace if he played. Am sure a greatest hits setlist would go down a storm.

I was thinking about announcements and people on the facebook page stating they wouldn't buy a ticket until announcements had ben made. Nothing wrong with that. It got me wondering why some festivals around the same time as Kendal have announced headline acts and what not and Kendal hasn't. One reason could be that a headliner hasn't been booked or confirmed, which i doubt for a festival of this size. It could also be because the bands have announced tours of their own and they don't want to announce a festival date so soon to their own tour being announced, potentially meaning less ticket sales?

I'm hoping for a few 80's artists this year like Marc Almond, ABC, Duran Duran, The Human League or Howard Jones... however I've my fingers crossed that somewhere will also the likes of Kate Tempest, Belle and Sebastian, Traams, Neds Atomic Dustbin, New Model Army, Powersolo, The Stuffies, Pins, Manics, Florence, Afro Celt Sound System, Fat white family, Billy Bragg, New order, etc

Surely the first announcement is anytime now???!!

13 hours ago, SazzlesofTeesside said:

I'm hoping for a few 80's artists this year like Marc Almond, ABC, Duran Duran, The Human League or Howard Jones... however I've my fingers crossed that somewhere will also the likes of Kate Tempest, Belle and Sebastian, Traams, Neds Atomic Dustbin, New Model Army, Powersolo, The Stuffies, Pins, Manics, Florence, Afro Celt Sound System, Fat white family, Billy Bragg, New order, etc

Surely the first announcement is anytime now???!!

sure it has been mid feb ish for the last couple of years

14 hours ago, bottonrob said:

sure it has been mid feb ish for the last couple of years

Aye your right rob and always on the local Manc fm or whatever you call it.

Im pondering my predictions for another week or so then, after the announcement, we can start predicting the weather :-)

39 minutes ago, paddyclark said:

They announced on the 8th of Feb last year all though radio x leaked it over that weekend. It will depend what Y not fest are doing as they appear to be their nemesis these days ha ha ! Still another 3 weeks minimum I would recon and it's been later than that in the past I'm sure it's got into March before.

Right said Fred and All saints are nailed on apperantly 

21 minutes ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

They announced on the 8th of Feb last year all though radio x leaked it over that weekend. It will depend what Y not fest are doing as they appear to be their nemesis these days ha ha ! Still another 3 weeks minimum I would recon and it's been later than that in the past I'm sure it's got into March before.

Right said Fred and All saints are nailed on apperantly 

Imagine the timing of the announcement relates quite closely to how well the ticket sales are doing

I think we got it as early as we did because Y Not announced then and KC kind of rushed their announcement, if they are struggling to shift tickets I could see us getting the announcement next week

Where did you get that info from about Right said Fred and All saints?

38 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

Imagine the timing of the announcement relates quite closely to how well the ticket sales are doing

I think we got it as early as we did because Y Not announced then and KC kind of rushed their announcement, if they are struggling to shift tickets I could see us getting the announcement next week

Where did you get that info from about Right said Fred and All saints?

They have shifted 60% already apperantly!

i agree last years announced was rushed because Y not dropped a bomb .

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

I've got a better idea (without knowing the actual date) than I'm probably allowed to say, so I won't say.

But I will say that I don't think you'll be waiting for too much longer. :)

Thanks Neil, I think it'll be fairly soon myself this year.  Next monday would be my guess

My 2 cents.....

Dodgy

Cast

The Coral

Jamie T

Pendulum

Foals

Frank Turner

The Killers

Kula Shaker

You Me At Six

Sum 41

Run DMC

Bastille

The Sherlocks

Example

Tame Impala

Clean Bandit

Bloc Party

Chvrches

Biffy Clyro

A few of the above with some filler & maybe some reformed bands like the Human League etc  Glow Tent to have a bit more variety than last years would be nice. 

10 hours ago, jamj said:

Hoping the 'message incoming' at the end of the vid is maybe linked to the Jamiroquia world transmission post! 

I've no knowledge - I'll make that clear - but it's just occurred to me that Jamiroquai are one of the few bands who can keep up the 'space' theme for Blue Dot.

As Boardmasters is around the same size, I think I might have just hit upon something. :)