• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday: Frank Turner

Friday: ???

Saturday: Manic Street Preachers

Sunday: Bryan Adams

I'd wager someone dancey... New Order would be a great shout, but I could painfully see it being just as likely to be Jess Glynne.

Frank Turner seems to be strong consensus here...

Bryan Adams is floating around the UK in June and after playing Lytham Festival last year, I don't think it too out there. Against him however is the fact he does have a show in Carlisle already - dilute sales for that perhaps?

Manics... eh, I feel they're a likely shout too.

7 hours ago, Drfoxxx said:

I'm pretty easy, started listening to Rag'n'Bone man, who I would like to see. 

Not a massive fan of Frank Turner to be fair.

Was my first year last year, really enjoyed it! Wouldn't mind seeing New Order again after their Glastonbury set. And the thingymubobs thingymujics were brilliant last year and would love to see them again, if you didn't get chance to watch them, would recommend!

Anyone in particular you like? 

I`ll have a look at thingymebob :) New Order would be ok with me !

Once we get nearer the announcement it will be time for the prediction for a pint game that Thurlow always wins so for now, who I`d want to see would include.......

Manics, Chvrches, Killers, The Specials, Hot Chip, Jamie T, Fat Boy Slim, 2manydjs, Bombskare, Craig Charles, Colonel Mustard, Jimmy Cliff, King Charles, Dreadzone, Alabama 3, Hotpots.

Franz Ferdinand are out and about in the summer and they would be about right if we are thinking the Killers are too big still ?

I remember I enjoyed Molotovo Jukebox after someone recommended them on here. They got a shortened set due to arriving late so would like to see them again maybe in Calling Out instead of main stage.

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

14 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Manics, Chvrches, Killers, The Specials, Hot Chip, Jamie T, Fat Boy Slim, 2manydjs, Bombskare, Craig Charles, Colonel Mustard, Jimmy Cliff, King Charles, Dreadzone, Alabama 3, Hotpots.

Yes please to that!

thingamabob and the thingamajigs are amazing and are Riot Jazz regulars.

21 minutes ago, Port-a-loo Pete said:

Artic Monkeys, Faithless, Prodigy, Kasabian, 50Cent, Jamie T, Deadmau5, Franz Ferdinand, Rag n Bone man, Two Door cinema Club, Annie mac, Skepta, 2 many DJs, David Roddigan would do me nicely ! Oh, and the Hotpots of course !!!

Faithless is a decent shout that I hadn't seen mentioned before.

Probably about the right size now for KC.

Forget the tedious hotspots, I've now seen the YouTube vid from riot jazz and thingybobsuruncle is where's its at now :-)

Calling out possibilities.

teenage fanclub

seasick steve

paul Heaton and Jackie abbot

ragnbone man

vintage trouble

king charles

UB40 - the one with ally Campbell and his daughter.

Friday after the headliner. Baggy Mondays again please :-)

Edited by comfortablynumb1910

Thingamabob and the thingamajigs are a great fun afternoon hour, have played pretty much every year for past 4/5.

Who normally sends out the Pint Prediction game? First announcement has been mid febbish for last couple of years so probably about right time to start getting the thinking cap on!

4 hours ago, bottonrob said:

Thingamabob and the thingamajigs are a great fun afternoon hour, have played pretty much every year for past 4/5.

Who normally sends out the Pint Prediction game? First announcement has been mid febbish for last couple of years so probably about right time to start getting the thinking cap on!

Ramragon usually starts it off but he's hardly on here these days, do you want to start it off yourself Rob, I reckon we have about 4 weeks until we get an announcement

16 minutes ago, thurlow84 said:

Ramragon usually starts it off but he's hardly on here these days, do you want to start it off yourself Rob, I reckon we have about 4 weeks until we get an announcement

Contacted ramgangnam last weekend , hopefully he will get the line up game up by the weekend so he said 

On 8/16/2016 at 9:06 PM, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Watched most of their set a T in the Park in July. Crowd loved it, think there is a very good chance they could be at KC next year.

they have the cricket ground gig to sell tickets for, which won't sell out so I'd be surprised. it would be a rough crowd too if they did get booked

10 hours ago, thurlow84 said:

Where did you get that from? 

The coral were the reason I came to kendal calling initially

You should no better than to listen to my predictions mate :-)

They are out and about and I wouldn't mind seeing them again. I've predicted them and Cast for the last couple of years.

Who would you be hoping to see this year and have you decided on this years head gear yet ?

7 hours ago, dannyfletcher said:

Maccabees and Mystery Jets are doing a farewell tour in June so not unreasonable to expect that they will do festival shows this summer. Wouldn’t be on my wish list but know they are popular.

I am guessing with Elbow doing a series of large summer shows they are out of the running.

Yeah, to soon for a return from Elbow I reckon.

18 hours ago, alexlloyd said:

How about Two Door Cinema Club? It seemed strange they did both Glastonbury and R&L in 2016 before they released their new album in October, so maybe they'll be on the smaller festival circuit this year, they've already announced a few European dates.

Seems like a decent shout. Vaguely remember seeing them at T a few years back.