2017 Wish List

Comfy Bean

Here's my wishlist for 2017, some just based on others that i have seen already.

Frank Turner
Shed Seven
Blur (i can dream)
Skinny Lister
Faithless
Chemical Brothers
Prodigy
Dub Pistols
Manic Street Preachers
Black Grape
Lonely The Brave
Skunk Anansie
Dinosaur Pile Up
The Struts
Terrorvision - Tequila does make everyone happy...............doesnt it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, eastynh said:

New Order for the Thursday. Both James and The Charlatans played at Castlefield and then played the Thursday at KC the following summer. New Order played Castlefield this year.

Won't be new order ! 

Frank turner nailed on for Thursday............ cheap and for some reason which I can't fathom folk like him !

Cast, Jamie T, Courteeners, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Arcade Fire, The Beach Boys, The Black Keys, Kings of Leon, The Killers, Ice Cube would be ideal.

Would be interesting to see if they could get Guns n Roses who are touring all summer too, even if they're far past their best.

On 25/11/2016 at 9:20 PM, eastynh said:

New Order for the Thursday. Both James and The Charlatans played at Castlefield and then played the Thursday at KC the following summer. New Order played Castlefield this year.

New order would suit me as never seen them but won't be down Thursday so hope Lochman is right.

easty are you seeing the hacienda orchestra thing ?

dont imagine any festivals could accommodate it. Got tickets for Glasgow next year  :-)

6 hours ago, Nelson23 said:

Cast, Jamie T, Courteeners, Catfish & the Bottlemen, Arcade Fire, The Beach Boys, The Black Keys, Kings of Leon, The Killers, Ice Cube would be ideal.

Would be interesting to see if they could get Guns n Roses who are touring all summer too, even if they're far past their best.

Would say your first four are all possibilities. I saw guns n roses at Leeds in 2010 and wish I hadn't. No chance of them being in the fields . Good shout with cast and Jamie t :-)

Are franz Ferdinand still a headliner ?

could see them being booked but are they to big for calling out headliner but not a big enough ticket shifter for main headliner ?

would be ok with me alongside 2 stronger bookings.

Killers.....why not ?

11 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

New order would suit me as never seen them but won't be down Thursday so hope Lochman is right.

easty are you seeing the hacienda orchestra thing ?

dont imagine any festivals could accommodate it. Got tickets for Glasgow next year  :-)

I went this year  to Castlefield mate. As a one off it was an enjoyable evening. Not sure I would go again to be honest though. 

13 hours ago, eastynh said:

I went this year  to Castlefield mate. As a one off it was an enjoyable evening. Not sure I would go again to be honest though. 

Ah ok cheers. Were bits of that featured in the TV programme ?

i remember it was the Albert hall and an outdoor event. Looked good. Something different and good tunes / memories:-)

9 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Ah ok cheers. Were bits of that featured in the TV programme ?

i remember it was the Albert hall and an outdoor event. Looked good. Something different and good tunes / memories:-)

Not seen the tv program mate.

The tunes were pretty predictable to be honest. It was more like a Ministry Of Sound old skool compilation than a reflection of the hac. 

Decent night out though.

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2017 at 1:42 PM, dannyfletcher said:

Manics have just announced a Newcastle show for August so hoping that there is scope for some festival dates. Would be the right sized headliner for Kendal i reckon. 

Think Manics or Franz Ferdinand would be about right for KC. Would be happy with either one.

Quick tip of the hat to Thurlow who pointed me in the direction of Rag`nbone man after a lunchtime pint last year. I`d never heard of him at the time but wandered over to see most of his afternoon set. Noticed he`s now in 6musics 5 to watch in 2017 plus he was on Jools at Hogmanay. I think he would go down well in a longer slot next year. Could easily sub the Calling Out tent, maybe before Gregory Porter.

8 minutes ago, Saturn5 said:

Manics, New Order, Jamie T, stereophonics and Blossoms again please. 

Would be happy with these although the Stereophonics were a bit boring last time I saw them.

The Killers would be good, Snow Patrol not so good imo.

Chvrches and Duran Duran would keep the old yins and the young team happy.

Anyone know if February is still the likely announcement time. Anymore gossip on Frank Turner doing the Thursday ??

6 hours ago, Drfoxxx said:

Are there any rumours at all for Kendal? 

Nope, not really.

Some decent guesses from folk who've been right before on here that Frank Turner might do the Thursday and some pure speculation.

I think Colonel Mustard will play and you will see lots of yellow t shirts over the weekend.

Who you hoping for ?

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

you've just proven you were under 16 in the eighties. :P

I was, during some of the 80's lol. In those days I had hair and everything :-)

When I posted that, I had just watched the Bbc live music 2016 highlights programme on the iplayer. 

It showed you a couple of tunes from their set at Eden ( I think ) last summer and I said to Mrs Comfy that I didn't realise Duran Duran were still a thing.

i may have had 1 or 2 shandys at the time of watching but I reckon they would go down a storm with the KC crowd.

You got any guesses Neil on who we might see headlining in the fields this year ?

I would be all over Duran Duran ! Be a great booking but TBH I can't see them there if I'm honest ! The bookers are a bit safe at KC predictable! Old headliner on Thursday, dance Friday , something current Saturday and an old farts slot ! Let's face it Duran Duran are just far to iconic! 

Bros would be even better but that wont happen before their comeback shows in the summer. You and the present mrs comfy still up for the Glasgow Bros gig Cnumb? 

10 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Nope, not really.

Some decent guesses from folk who've been right before on here that Frank Turner might do the Thursday and some pure speculation.

I think Colonel Mustard will play and you will see lots of yellow t shirts over the weekend.

Who you hoping for ?

I'm pretty easy, started listening to Rag'n'Bone man, who I would like to see. 

Not a massive fan of Frank Turner to be fair.

Was my first year last year, really enjoyed it! Wouldn't mind seeing New Order again after their Glastonbury set. And the thingymubobs thingymujics were brilliant last year and would love to see them again, if you didn't get chance to watch them, would recommend!

Anyone in particular you like?