2017 Wish List

Comfy Bean

Manics, Chvrches, Jamie T, Fat Boy Slim, Franz Ferdinand, Jimmy Cliff, Dreadzone, Colonel Mustard & The Dijon 5, Alabama Shakes, Alabama 3, The Specials, Craig Charles, 2manydjs, The Selecter, Nathaniel Rateliff and the night sweats,Vintage Trouble, Chemical Brothers, Belle and Sebastian, Hot Chip.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, bottonrob said:

just thinking about the earlier evening random 'smiley' acts...

Israel Kamakawiwlsael, Belinda Carlisle, PM Dawn, Tony Ferrino (not entirely sure this would work but I would love it), salt'n'peppa

Bruddah iz died in 1997 mate so i dont think he'd be that smiley now

11 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Manics, Chvrches, Jamie T, Fat Boy Slim, Franz Ferdinand, Jimmy Cliff, Dreadzone, Colonel Mustard & The Dijon 5, Alabama Shakes, Alabama 3, The Specials, Craig Charles, 2manydjs, The Selecter, Nathaniel Rateliff and the night sweats,Vintage Trouble, Chemical Brothers, Belle and Sebastian, Hot Chip.

My boyfriend loves Chvrches, Jamie T and Hot Chip. So I'd like all those.

Craig Charles would suit me. I'm easily pleased. I tend to know a few random songs of quite a few bands so I'm usually happy to bounce between stages.

I'd quite like to see Showhawk Duo again. They were in House Party in 2014 and were one of my highlights :)

11 hours ago, bottonrob said:

just thinking about the earlier evening random 'smiley' acts...

Israel Kamakawiwlsael, Belinda Carlisle, PM Dawn, Tony Ferrino (not entirely sure this would work but I would love it), salt'n'peppa

I'd love Israel Kamakawiwlsael & Belinda Carlisle!

19 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

That would be pretty shit hot right there!

On 8/11/2016 at 6:48 PM, SloopJohnB said:

How is Solfest LC? I was tempted thus year, although finally out off by the BBQ ban

Its one of those Festivals that we just rock up to no matter whats going on really...

Dreadzone is the main band for me this year... Its now so much better now the main stage has gone, and the enormous dance tent has gone! Kind of gone back to its roots really.  The only thin i'm put off by is the camping isn't by your car any more, from what I can gather it will be like an Emperors kind of set up, but I imagine that will be something forced on them.  

On 8/10/2016 at 11:43 AM, neato said:

My boyfriend loves Chvrches, Jamie T and Hot Chip. So I'd like all those.

Craig Charles would suit me. I'm easily pleased. I tend to know a few random songs of quite a few bands so I'm usually happy to bounce between stages.

I'd quite like to see Showhawk Duo again. They were in House Party in 2014 and were one of my highlights :)

I'd love Israel Kamakawiwlsael & Belinda Carlisle!

I also rated showhawk duo in 2014 as one of my highlights. Think a few people just wandered in to escape the rain but no-one left. Really hope craig charles is back next year in a slot after the main stage is over. Going to see him at On Blackheath next month :music:

22 hours ago, Mattiehall said:

Going off the usual pattern of who played Parklife the year before (example/snoop/rudimental) then it's looking like Bastille or Chemical Brothers

Pretty sure Courteeners will be booked for the Manchester crowd

Would love Jamie T personally

I enjoyed Bastille far more that I was expecting at Glastonbury bury this year, and I'd take the Chemical Brothers....I'd take that

• 3 weeks later...

Jean Michelle Jarre 

Chemical Brothers

The Strypes

The Struts

Blossoms (Main Stage)

I like Jake Bugg (but a right cold fish on stage and too big not to headline)

Jungle

Nathaniel Rateliff and the night sweats

Molotov Jukebox again

Dub Pistols again

Band of Skulls again

Manics, Primal Scream, Courteeners. Any of them would be great.. then again I'll be happy with anything! It'll be my first time at the festival, really looking forward to it! 

Hoping buying tickets before the line up has been announced or even rumoured doesn't backfire!

Watched this last night. Should Kendal take a chance and book Chvrches to headline next year ? Would it even be seen as a gamble now ?

Seen them a few times and they have come on hugely as a live " act " since the first time I saw them in a half empty tent at T - in the new band tent. I think they would just about have enough with the 2 albums as they normally throw in the odd cover.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Bestival last night. 

Utter crap compared to KC . Made me appreciate the organisation behind KC and what a good job they do.

Some good stuff at Bestival was Caravan Palace - managed to get the main stage packed and rocking at 12:30 on a sunday!

also , Years and Years were good , The Cuban Brothers would be perfect at KC great fun. The Human League i wasn't looking forward to them but they were amazing. And my absolute favourites Oh My God It's The Church (they were on in the woods KC15)

Did notice a few people saying Bastille......man they are awful , sooooo boring , totally killed the vibe.

Major Lazer were crap by all accounts (could see KC booking them as Friday headliners) and lets say the booking of the whole Grime scene sort of ruined the atmosphere for a lot of people , i certainly wouldn't take kids there.

Rant over.

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Kasabian.... Thoughts? 

Cant see that mate way to big .

Headliners think

Bastile

underworld

Chemical Bros

Hotchip

Manics

Frank turner must be nailed on for the Thursday headliner !

Jamie T

Courteeners

Under that lot

Blossoms

Primal Scream

The coral

Black Grape

The Hotpots ............. sweet baby jesus how long can they keep booking them!

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

am pretty sure they're headlining Reading & Leeds next year.

They're too big for Kendal, i'd say.

2 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

Cant see that mate way to big .

Cheers fellas :)

I suspect you`re both right.

Would be happy with most on Lochlands list plus the return of some of Alabama 3 Dreadzone Bombskare.

Didn`t spend much time at Calling Out this year compared to last. Hopefully that changes for next year.