Yet another Newbie post - few questions

MissisBeki

Evening.

Just booked tickets to go and it will be my first ever festival - im 28 I feel too old! Going with a close friend who is 20 and also first time.

We got a free guest/VIP upgrade as we bought via a Leeds Ambassador which includes:

VIP parking - how close is this to camping? Also can we park up, then leave say to go to Tesco and then come back?

VIP toilets & showers - what are these like generally?

VIP camping - Where abouts is it? How far is it from the vip parking? Whats the atmosphere like in there? (we arent party animals just happy to chill out but don't mind if its not a quiet area) We also get early bird pass - will we need to go early to set the tent up in the guest area? Is there a different entrance to the Arena?

In general is there anything specific we should take? A lot of people have said babywipes are a must oh and wellies!
How do we keep our tent safe?

Sorry for so many questions, we both have anxieties so trying to make sure it's awesome for us both! ^-^
Thanks

image.png

this is this years site map so I think you will be in the pink bit, from what I can remember its a bit on its own with its own entrance so the tent should be fine just left zipped shut but for if you want just do the inner door zip to the left and lock it and the outer door zip to the right if it makes you feel safer, at the end of the day a tent is nylon, if they want your stuff they will knife it with a zip or not but you don't need to worry in guest as you are away from general camping as well there are CATS (Stewards) on the move in every zone

the entrance to the arena is just next to the FR tent. not sure were your car park will be but there is no rush to set up as when I was working crew it was pretty quiet at least if your getting here for Wednesday.

I would bring back pocket sized disinfectant gel as after a couple of days its gone in the public toilets, & bring SOFT toilet paper :D the baby wipes are normally for the people who don't use the showers but you should be okay in guest/VIP

I normally bring a big pack of bourbons or something to eat over the whole weekend to get sugar in me and something on my stomach for the drink.

tbh you don't need wellies, just a pair of climbing boots or just work boots with good grip, unless you wanna look like a hunter cnut.

regarding the party animal after parties think its pretty quiet in guest, you can get to the yellow campsite dj pretty quick or the silent disco and then there's Piccadilly and relentless if you wanna go out out :) The Jack Roots stage is new so dunno the timing wise of that

regarding the guest toilets and showers, they get checked pretty regularly so its better than general but not sure for the showers temp as never used them and probably a queue in the morning.

The Campsite Assistance teams (CATS) have a staff hand book with info and band timings as well as a radio if help is required but you don't have to worry and just enjoy your first festival, starting big I like as mine was Latitude.

See you on the flip side.

11 hours ago, Gaz_88 said:

tbh you don't need wellies, just a pair of climbing boots or just work boots with good grip, unless you wanna look like a hunter cnut.

You obviously weren't there in 2013. You weren't there maaaan, you don't know. :)

8 hours ago, devilman said:

You obviously weren't there in 2013. You weren't there maaaan, you don't know. :)

You can't plan for weather been that bad except for having a spare scuba suit, but you are right, only been 2014 & 2015 and this year is the hat trick

On 04/08/2016 at 0:50 PM, devilman said:

Hahahahaha I second this. ALWAYS take wellies. Just incase. 

Please see below my old tent from 2013. Bare in mind thats a 5 man tent. 
Also, heres a little advice, if you're camping on Blue.. Don't camp next to the main path. 

1237361_10151980166513054_1670380422_o.jpg

1275566_10151980166638054_1904313409_o.jpg

On 8/10/2016 at 6:17 PM, TheBaldEgg said:

Hahahahaha I second this. ALWAYS take wellies. Just incase. 

Please see below my old tent from 2013. Bare in mind thats a 5 man tent. 
Also, heres a little advice, if you're camping on Blue.. Don't camp next to the main path. 

1237361_10151980166513054_1670380422_o.jpg

1275566_10151980166638054_1904313409_o.jpg

That blue main path was a site to behold in '13.

I remember drinking mid-afternoon under our leaking gazebo in Red, watching the Willy Wonka river flowing down in to Blue and directly in to people's tents (some even floated away).

Me and my mates had a huge case of S.A.D, especially as there were loads of stewards floating around, talking in to walkie talkies about the condition of the campsites. 

Bit of advice for any newbies who might unfortunately come face-to-face with this in '16 - Ignore the stupid rumours that it will be cancelled, be glad your not at Creamfields and crack open the spirits.

Camping uphill in Orange or Purple is a good shout if the weather is going to be dire. Blue was just a big, brown lake in 2013. Felt sorry for people who had pitched up there. Luckily, 2014 & 2015's weather was lovely, especially last year. Hoping for more of the same next week.