Getting close to the stage - front enclosure?

NHills

Hi guys

Off to Reading at the end of this month, it's my first festival so I'm pretty excited. I've previously been to outdoor gigs at Hyde Park, Finsbury Park etc, and at these venues you could go the front of the stage, to the side, and be let in to a front enclosure where they give you a wrist band. I could go out of the enclosure and then be let back in with the wrist band, so it was an easy way to get close to the stage.

Is there anything in place like this at Reading? Or is it just the case of one big group and try to get yourself to the front? In the picture below it looks like there are two seperate areas separated by a fence.

CnLtxAWXYAAA1Ho.jpg:large

Thanks

That's a barrier to prevent crowd surges/crushes. 

It's all general entry and you get to the front bit by going around the sides - which are open.

It's not that hard to get to the front at Reading - generally if you go in when the band before is finishing you'll get right up the front for everyone but the headliners, even for them you can easily get into the front portion.