Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Believe in the Gizz, Mash. They'll have the place going off.

I dunno, it's a gamble - I guess that if they did manage to get the crowd on board it could be fantastic, but I'm not convinced they quite have the showmanship to go up on those big stages yet. But they've got to do it eventually if they keep growing I suppose. Maybe I should have more faith.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 30/08/2016 at 2:10 PM, Callum_96 said:

I was having a think and Paolo Nutini has been away a while now. How about subbing next year? Him subbing Ed Sheeran would work well I think

He was realistically sub size last time he played, so he's not going to be lower than that. He'd probably be an outside bet for headliner if Glasto hadn't suddenly become resistant to bumping up acts before they absolutely definitely merited it. Needs to come back with a big single.

On 31 August 2016 at 1:10 AM, Callum_96 said:

I was having a think and Paolo Nutini has been away a while now. How about subbing next year? Him subbing Ed Sheeran would work well I think

I detest when musician's names get replaced by a contraction (is that the right word), I see it often as some newspaper type attempting to "be cool". So imagine my horror when I read this and mentally referred to him as P-Nut!! No idea where that came from, hope my subconscious remembered hearing it before and I didn't invent it :(

Oh the shame, off to do penance now!

ps actually wouldn't  mind old P-Nut on the 2017 poster myself ;)

11 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

He was realistically sub size last time he played, so he's not going to be lower than that. He'd probably be an outside bet for headliner if Glasto hadn't suddenly become resistant to bumping up acts before they absolutely definitely merited it. Needs to come back with a big single.

I think big P-Nut will be on for a T headline slot. Not sure if that'll take him out of the running for a sub slot at Glastonbury or anything but I agree he won't be called to headline at the farm.

2 minutes ago, sisco said:

Pyramid

Biffy Clyro, Jamie T, Lorde

Ed Sheeran, Royal Blood, HAIM

Radiohead, Frank Ocean, Van Morrison

Other:

The National

Chase and Status

Major Lazer

Biffy I doubt are going to be there, not as a headliner anyway.

Jamie T is more likely for 3rd down.

HAIM I don't see a 3rd down in them.

C&S have dropped off considerably since doing that slot.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Biffy I doubt are going to be there, not as a headliner anyway.

Jamie T is more likely for 3rd down.

HAIM I don't see a 3rd down in them.

C&S have dropped off considerably since doing that slot.

I still think Biffy can do it, have played high spots before and there aren't a massive amount of bands to choose from.

If Jamie T has a big album then I can see sub on the pyramid, subbed the other last time and going to 3rd Pyramid would be no real difference

Can see the point on HAIM, maybe more suited to other

The other place i could see C&S was pyramid sub

6 minutes ago, sisco said:

I still think Biffy can do it, have played high spots before and there aren't a massive amount of bands to choose from.

If Jamie T has a big album then I can see sub on the pyramid, subbed the other last time and going to 3rd Pyramid would be no real difference

Can see the point on HAIM, maybe more suited to other

The other place i could see C&S was pyramid sub

Biffy would surely have headlined this year off the start of the album? It's not Glasto style for a band to do R&L or such like, then their own tour then Download. Muse did their tour and Download but they are much bigger and Download is a different crowd. I fully think it'll be The Roses.

If he does then possibly yes, but Ellie G is bigger and did 3rd.

I don't see C&S higher than 3rd Pyramid, sub Other. 

On 30 August 2016 at 2:10 PM, Callum_96 said:

Needs a new album out, hopefully he doesn't have a big break between albums like last time 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Biffy would surely have headlined this year off the start of the album? It's not Glasto style for a band to do R&L or such like, then their own tour then Download. Muse did their tour and Download but they are much bigger and Download is a different crowd. I fully think it'll be The Roses.

If he does then possibly yes, but Ellie G is bigger and did 3rd.

I don't see C&S higher than 3rd Pyramid, sub Other. 

Dunno, if Adele, Coldplay and Muse were in place already maybe it wasn't a possibility.  Happy if it's the Roses myself as I've had plenty of opportunities to see Biffy anyway.

Not Ellie again (told you she wouldn't sub) and I'll stick with Jamie T subbing!

Friday
Pyr: Radiohead - Bon Iver - The National
Other: Vampire Weekend - Two Door Cinema Club - Blossoms
JP: Placebo
WH: Ice Cube - Anohni
Park: First Aid Kit

Satuday
Pyr: Ed Sheeran - The 1975 - Haim - Carly Rae Jepsen
Other: NIN - Justice - MIA
JP: The Flaming Lips
WH: Bjork - Arca
Park: The Shins

Sunday
Pyr: Beyonce - Lana Del Rey - Frank Ocean - Barry Gibb
Other: Nick Cave - Laura Marling - Modest Mouse
JP: Brand New
WH: The Avalanches - Goat
Park: Grandaddy

I made some clashes to make eyes water. Look how evil that Sunday night is!
Gazza and DentalPlan are going to come along and disagree with how I've placed bands, but they'll also disagree with each other. The world turns.

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The White Privilege Whinefest Treble Treble: An evening of beards, tears and manly moaning.

If you build it they will come

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I can't see Arca playing West Holts. I saw him play for Sunderland in the early noughties and he didn't seem very West Holtsy.

I'm not even going to pretend to know what you're on about

3 hours ago, sisco said:

Dunno, if Adele, Coldplay and Muse were in place already maybe it wasn't a possibility.  Happy if it's the Roses myself as I've had plenty of opportunities to see Biffy anyway.

Not Ellie again (told you she wouldn't sub) and I'll stick with Jamie T subbing!

Maybe not but we have heard Biffy aren't considered headliners at Glasto, this probably hasn't changed, they didn't bring out a world beating album exactly. The Roses would be good but I have seen them enough too, and their new stuff is shite as expected. Not even sure I am trying for tickets next month yet.

You did and I accept that.....so her being much bigger than Jamie T is.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Friday
Pyr: Radiohead - Bon Iver - The National
Other: Vampire Weekend - Two Door Cinema Club - Blossoms
JP: Placebo - They had two years of chances to get them and didn't.
WH: Ice Cube - Anohni
Park: First Aid Kit

Satuday
Pyr: Ed Sheeran - The 1975 - Haim - Carly Rae Jepsen - HAIM too high
Other: NIN - Justice - MIA
JP: The Flaming Lips
WH: Bjork - Arca
Park: The Shins

Sunday
Pyr: Beyonce - Lana Del Rey - Frank Ocean - Barry Gibb - bar Gibb it's not V Festival
Other: Nick Cave - Laura Marling - Modest Mouse
JP: Brand New
WH: The Avalanches - Goat
Park: Grandaddy

I made some clashes to make eyes water. Look how evil that Sunday night is!
Gazza and DentalPlan are going to come along and disagree with how I've placed bands, but they'll also disagree with each other. The world turns.

Wouldn't be pissed if that was the lineup, I'd be pissed if I got a ticket and got this.

I won't disagree with him, I don't see his posts lol.

Edited by thewayiam