Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Because the national aren't international, relevant popstars

sorry

Lorde and the National are completely different acts

I mean

THEY AINT FRIENDS WITH TAYLOR SWIFT

Ellie Goulding, friend of Taylor Swift, 'international/current/relevant pop star', had 5 platinum records (300k sales each) when she subbed Massive Attack on the Other Stage

Lorde, friend of Taylor Swift, 'international/current/relevant pop star', has 1 gold record (100k sales) and she is too big to be on the Other Stage and deserves the slot Ellie Goulding came back to after a couple more massive hits and another platinum album.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Ellie Goulding, friend of Taylor Swift, 'international/current/relevant pop star', had 5 platinum records (300k sales each) when she subbed Massive Attack on the Other Stage

Lorde, friend of Taylor Swift, 'international/current/relevant pop star', has 1 gold record (100k sales) and she is too big to be on the Other Stage and deserves the slot Ellie Goulding came back to after a couple more massive hits and another platinum album.

*Drops mic*

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

are we in the mind that other sub and 3rd down Pyramid are vastly different slots in terms of size?

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

My argument isn't that Lorde is too big for an other sub slot. It's that I reckon if she's playing it's on the Pyramid 

No I don't think they are either. And Other sub is couple of slots higher than I would have expected her before the poster came out but that's just how it looks to me.

If they have Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran and Emeli Sandé taking real estate on the Pyramid, they're hardly gonna be scrabbling around for that lass off Royals to sell the show to the people at home.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

No I don't think they are either. And Other sub is couple of slots higher than I would have expected her before the poster came out but that's just how it looks to me.

If they have Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran and Emeli Sandé taking real estate on the Pyramid, they're hardly gonna be scrabbling around for that lass off Royals to sell the show to the people at home.

I'm not at all convinced that Emeli Sandé is a bigger pull than Lorde, especially when the latter will be fresh off the back of a new album. 

20 minutes ago, evannn said:

I'm not at all convinced that Emeli Sandé is a bigger pull than Lorde, especially when the latter will be fresh off the back of a new album. 

That's not what I was saying. I meant she's a big pop name that's bound to be on the Pyramid because she's a Radio 2 darling. Debating whether Sandé on the decline is more widely appealing than Lorde on the rise is just not in the realm of what I go on the internet for.

38 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's not what I was saying. I meant she's a big pop name that's bound to be on the Pyramid because she's a Radio 2 darling. Debating whether Sandé on the decline is more widely appealing than Lorde on the rise is just not in the realm of what I go on the internet for.

Lorde is a big pop name that's bound to be on the pyramid because she's a Radio 1 darling

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Wasn't Neil's info always that BBK know were headlining Saturday? Or did we just choose to not believe that? 

I think it was that Wiley was headlining Other, which then led to lots of discussion about would BBK headline or was the info bad. 

Think Stormzy & Skepta/BBK being on Saturday was seperate info but fits with the first