Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Festival predictions are a serious business.

Last I heard Dec Mckenna was on John Peel Friday late afternoon, not Pyramid.

Think he also said that he was playing on the Sunday somewhere as well. Maybe Williams green

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Last I heard Dec Mckenna was on John Peel Friday late afternoon, not Pyramid.

Think he also said that he was playing on the Sunday somewhere as well. Maybe Williams green

Oh really? I must have missed that info.

I had a feeling they may have pushed an emerging talent winner to pyramid stage appearance thing but John Peel makes more sense given his size. Have changed my prediction to accommodate for that, thanks.

Edited by The Placid Casual

3 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Oh really? I must have missed that info.

I had a feeling they may have pushed an emerging talent winner to pyramid stage appearance thing but John Peel makes more sense given his size.

It's my info. Am family friends - realised I can probably say everything I know now he's on the poster.

There was a possibility of Other stage I think, but his album has been delayed so think that put pay to that.

Edited by mjsell

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

It's my info. Am family friends - realised I can probably say everything I know now he's on the poster.

There was a possibility of Other stage I think, but his album has been delayed so think that put pay to that.

Have edited the prediction to put him on the JP then, thanks.

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

Shame, would have liked to have seen him on the Other Stage. Hopefully it's not too late in the day on the JP, want to avoid clashes.

6 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

Also noticed that you have Flaming Lips as 3rd down on other. Absolutely ridiculous proposition.

Similar size to PJ Harvey and MSP to me. Could do either 2nd or 3rd down on Other. Went with 3rd down due to the other acts on the lineup and I can't see Flaming Lips into Major Lazer being a thing.

5 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Moderat > Justice works so well on the Sunday night for me

Would Moderat work subbing an outdoor stage, do you think? I considered them as a WH sub at one point but having watched some live vids they were all in the dark and it didn't seem much like something that'd suit being in the light (I guess the sun would be setting, mind). Not really my area so I could easily be wrong.

15 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Similar size to PJ Harvey and MSP to me. Could do either 2nd or 3rd down on Other. Went with 3rd down due to the other acts on the lineup and I can't see Flaming Lips into Major Lazer being a thing.

Would Moderat work subbing an outdoor stage, do you think? I considered them as a WH sub at one point but having watched some live vids they were all in the dark and it didn't seem much like something that'd suit being in the light (I guess the sun would be setting, mind). Not really my area so I could easily be wrong.

I can't see them headlining The Park, so unless they're in JP they're going to have to 

I'm not sure I find them very difficult to gauge 

11 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I can't see them headlining The Park, so unless they're in JP they're going to have to 

I'm not sure I find them very difficult to gauge 

Yep just shifted em to below Justice on my prediction but I've got some free JP sub slots so thinking of sticking em in one of those and having Royksöpp back in as Justice's sub.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Nice to see Emeli Sande in her rightful place as the Friday Pyramid hip-hop act.

Dude if you're so determined to keep the slot alive, Kate Tempest is there.

4 minutes ago, Nimrod said:

Can you add a link to the clashfinder? I want to mark things for myself over there :) 

Ah sorry. Already deleted it I'm afraid.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Can't see where you've actually stuck him but shouldn't Craig David be on the Saturday Pyramid?

Bugger.

8 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

Can't see Manics doing pretty much the same slot they did last time without a new album. Other openers for sure.

That's pretty much why I think they could just do a similar slot, to maybe just appease the 90's Britrock fans. JP headliner would be a waste and Pyramid would be an odd move, there's nowhere else suitable for Elbow so back in the middle they go.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'd be delighted with that, very few clashes for me and nothing too major at that. I agree with most of it too, only big slots I have different are Saturday JP headliner (Dizzee Rascal) and I reckon The xx will headline Other. 

I don't usually look at the clashes until after I've posted it so I didn't realise how awfully clashy it was for me. There's clashes then like an hour and a half before the next act I wanna see in entirety. Horrible stuff, I hope it doesn't happen.

Just now, dentalplan said:

That's pretty much why I think they could just do a similar slot, to maybe just appease the 90's Britrock fans. JP headliner would be a waste and Pyramid would be an odd move, there's nowhere else suitable for Elbow so back in the middle they go.

I don't usually look at the clashes until after I've posted it so I didn't realise how awfully clashy it was for me. There's clashes then like an hour and a half before the next act I wanna see in entirety. Horrible stuff, I hope it doesn't happen.

Is it just me who makes terribly biased predictions with as little clashes as possible then? :lol: 

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fixed for the Craig David boys and girls.

02M8gdG.png

I mean you've fixed it in the sense that you have put Craig David on the Pyramid Saturday, but in doing that you have opened an utter can of worms. No way they have Craig David, Wiley and Shaggy all on at the same time :rolleyes:

But in general I'd take that whole thing with knobs on. Only big clash for me is Katy Perry, London Grammar & The Avalanches which is not pleasant. But its allowing the holy trinity of headliners for me so I'm happy.

Edited by mjsell

3 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I mean you've fixed it in the sense that you have put Craig David on the Pyramid Saturday, but in doing that you have opened an utter can of worms. No way they have Craig David, Wiley and Shaggy all on at the same time :rolleyes:

But in general I'd take that whole thing with knobs on. Only big clash for me is Katy Perry, London Grammar & The Avalanches which is not pleasant. But its allowing the holy trinity of headliners for me so I'm happy.

ugh. I think that's why Craig David fell off the line up in the first place actually. I see why the bookers have such a job of this!

Also I'm not sure people will be off to see Wiley with the same intentions as the Shaggy and Craig David performances. :lol:

3 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Is it just me who makes terribly biased predictions with as little clashes as possible then? :lol: 

Probably not. I think I just like too much stuff to plot a clash free event.

Although I don't think it's gonna happen that way I do hope your headliner/sub predictions all come true as that'd sort out some of the nightmare clashes I'm currently anticipating, and the more I think about it the more I really don't want to miss Justice despite having realised I probably will a long time ago.