Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

On 24/03/2017 at 7:37 AM, kingcrawler said:

One last prediction before the announcement

FRI
PY: 
Radiohead, Elbow, Lorde, A Tribe Called Quest, Kris Kristofferson, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Ibibio Sound Machine, Junun
OS: The Weeknd, Royal Blood, London Grammar, Run the Jewels, Father John Misty, Glass Animals, The Coral, Slaves, The Kooks
WH: Bonobo, Hacienda Classical, Songhoy Blues, Sampha, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Orchestra Baoab, Golden Rules
JP: Future Islands, Moderat, Cage the Elephant, White Lies, Pond, Sohn, Jagwar Ma, RAY BLK, Alexandra Savior, Cigarettes After Sex
PA: Soulwax, Slowdive, Mark Lanegan Band, Angel Olsen, Hamilton Leithauser, Margo Price, Joe Goddard, Rationale, The Lemon Twigs, Julia Jacklin

SAT
PY: 
Foo Fighters, Kaiser Chiefs, Van Morrison, Haim, Craig David, Clean Bandit, Baloji, Kate Tempest
OS: alt-J, Boy Better Know, Stormzy, Metronomy, Liam Gallagher, Circa Waves, Wiley, Sundara Karma, Declan McKena
WH: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots & the Maytals, Seu Jorge, Afriqoui, United Vibrations, Canalon de Timbiqui
JP: Goldfrapp, Jesus & Mary Chain, Crystal Fighters, James Vincent McMorrow, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Loyle Carner, Cabbage, Maggie Rogers, The Big Moon, Tom Grennan
PA: Warpaint, Grandaddy, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, BadBadNotGood, Thurston Moore Group, TBA, Mitski, Deep Throat Choir, Pixx, Let's Eat Grandma

SUN
PY: Ed Sheeran, The xx, Chic ft Nile Rodgers, Barry Gibb, Blossoms, The Staves, Omar Souleyman, Black Dyke Band
OS: Justice, Courteeners, George Ezra, Phoenix, Laura Marling, Wild Beasts, Dua Lipa, British Sea Power, The Japanese House
WH: Jamiroquai, DJ Shadow, Young Fathers, Bootsy's Rubber Band, Elza Soares, Pat Thomas & Kwashibu Area Band, Nadia Rose
JP: The Flaming Lips, First Aid Kit, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Real Estate, The Hunna, Fickle Friends, The Amazons, October Drift
PA: The Cinematic Orchestra, Sleaford Mods, Benjamin Clementine, Lucy Rose, Temples, Whitney, Formation, Jorja Smith, Girl Ray

I've pulled myself apart at the thought of an Anderson Paak, RTJ and ATCQ 3 way clash but....

What a lineup

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Nduja said:

I've pulled myself apart at the thought of an Anderson Paak, RTJ and ATCQ 3 way clash but....

What a lineup

The way the timings would work RTJ would be on after ATCQ but I missed the Anderson Paak clash, in hindsight I'd definitely have changed that. Don't need to worry, I'm definitely wrong anyway!

2 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

Like @Glaston Martin I don't really see many big groundbreaking acts that have been a solid part of musical history except Radiohead. I'm pining for a big act headlining Other in line with Massive Attack, Chemical Brothers and LCD Soundsystem/New Order basically. 

What about A Tribe Called Quest, The Avalanches, The Jesus and Mary Chain, DJ Shadow and The Flaming Lips? I'm sure there's more I've missed.

On 3/24/2017 at 7:37 AM, kingcrawler said:

FRI
PY: 
Radiohead, Elbow, Lorde, A Tribe Called Quest, Kris Kristofferson, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Ibibio Sound Machine, Junun
OS: The Weeknd, Royal Blood, London Grammar, Run the Jewels, Father John Misty, Glass Animals, The Coral, Slaves, The Kooks
WH: Bonobo, Hacienda Classical, Songhoy Blues, Sampha, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Orchestra Baoab, Golden Rules
JP: Future Islands, Moderat, Cage the Elephant, White Lies, Pond, Sohn, Jagwar Ma, RAY BLK, Alexandra Savior, Cigarettes After Sex
PA: Soulwax, Slowdive, Mark Lanegan Band, Angel Olsen, Hamilton Leithauser, Margo Price, Joe Goddard, Rationale, The Lemon Twigs, Julia Jacklin

SAT
PY: 
Foo Fighters, Kaiser Chiefs, Van Morrison, Haim, Craig David, Clean Bandit, Baloji, Kate Tempest
OS: alt-J, Boy Better Know, Stormzy, Metronomy, Liam Gallagher, Circa Waves, Wiley, Sundara Karma, Declan McKena
WH: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots & the Maytals, Seu Jorge, Afriqoui, United Vibrations, Canalon de Timbiqui
JP: Goldfrapp, Jesus & Mary Chain, Crystal Fighters, James Vincent McMorrow, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Loyle Carner, Cabbage, Maggie Rogers, The Big Moon, Tom Grennan
PA: Warpaint, Grandaddy, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, BadBadNotGood, Thurston Moore Group, TBA, Mitski, Deep Throat Choir, Pixx, Let's Eat Grandma

SUN
PY: Ed Sheeran, The xx, Chic ft Nile Rodgers, Barry Gibb, Blossoms, The Staves, Omar Souleyman, Black Dyke Band
OS: Justice, Courteeners, George Ezra, Phoenix, Laura Marling, Wild Beasts, Dua Lipa, British Sea Power, The Japanese House
WH: Jamiroquai, DJ Shadow, Young Fathers, Bootsy's Rubber Band, Elza Soares, Pat Thomas & Kwashibu Area Band, Nadia Rose
JP: The Flaming Lips, First Aid Kit, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Real Estate, The Hunna, Fickle Friends, The Amazons, October Drift
PA: The Cinematic Orchestra, Sleaford Mods, Benjamin Clementine, Lucy Rose, Temples, Whitney, Formation, Jorja Smith, Girl Ray

Giving thanks to the ticket Gods that my gang all have tickets this year. If this is anywhere close to accurate it will be one of the best ever.

If you don't think so you don't really like music.

On 24/03/2017 at 7:37 AM, kingcrawler said:

FRI
PY: 

SAT
PY: 

SUN

That Friday would be absolutely exhausting running between stages! 

Junun, Jagwar Ma, Glass Animals, Pond, Run the Jewels, Cage the Elephant, Slowdive, Radiohead 

Brilliant stuff.

36 minutes ago, The Unpossible Ralph said:

That Friday would be absolutely exhausting running between stages! 

Junun, Jagwar Ma, Glass Animals, Pond, Run the Jewels, Cage the Elephant, Slowdive, Radiohead 

Brilliant stuff.

Standard for the Friday innit. Always stacked to the max. 

1 hour ago, MattDavies__ said:

Sorry about the random highlighting, cba to turn if off 

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 13.17.01.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 13.17.25.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 13.17.34.png

Wiley's a bit high there. On the R&L lineup he's billed lower than Giggs, Marshmello and Halsey, and at Wireless he's below Rae Sremmurd, Young Thug, Sean Paul and Lil Yachty. Surely wouldn't be higher than RTJ and FJM.

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Wiley's a bit high there. On the R&L lineup he's billed lower than Giggs, Marshmello and Halsey, and at Wireless he's below Rae Sremmurd, Young Thug, Sean Paul and Lil Yachty. Surely wouldn't be higher than RTJ and FJM.

Just going on Neil having him down for Other that day & Saturday evening being hip hop. Should probably have put RTJ above him, yeah. 

6 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

No idea why people keep saying that tbh 

If anything I think that'd be his preference. He's heaped loads of praise on Radiohead in the past.

He's also said some things about them being rubbish but he's done that with everyone, it's what keeps him in the spotlight. Think people must hang onto that to perpetuate some 'beef' but it's cobblers. He was on stage with someone last night who he'd previously said he hoped would die of aids. No reason to pay any attention to it really.

42 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

He was on stage with someone last night who he'd previously said he hoped would die of aids. No reason to pay any attention to it really.

39 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

If he plays I could see him subbing Foos more than the other two I think. Can't see him and Liam both being there though, and Neil has given us info on Liam being there.

Noel has a good relationship with Dave Grohl. Not a lot of people know this, but the rift between Noel and Damon Albarn was mended and we only have the harmonious situation you see today because Dave sprinted up to Noel and told him Damon can't catch AIDS and fucking die because there's no such thing as AIDS so he'll have to learn to live with him. Then Dave spent 20 minutes thanking Noel for coming, like the Nicest Guy In Rock Music he is.

Here's a few of the more recent quotes from Noel about RH. I do love both bands, but Noel, as always, is hilarious. 

2015 - "I’m aware that Radiohead have never had a fucking bad review. I reckon if Thom Yorke fucking shit into a light bulb and started blowing it like an empty beer bottle it’d probably get 9 out of 10 in fucking Mojo. I’m aware of that.” 

2015 - "They were great. And then Thom started singing"

2011- I don't own any of their records, but every time I've seen them live, they've fucking blown me away. It was like, 'Wow, fucking listen to that! How do you fucking make that shit come out of those speakers

He's on much better terms with both Ed Sheeran and Foo Fighters (who used to sub Oasis a long time ago IIRC). The Damon Albarn relation have been mended for years, Noel doing backin vocals on the lastest Gorillaz single: We got the power etc.

33 minutes ago, jparx said:

I just don't see Noel playing Glastonbury without headlining. The idea of him subbing one of his 90s contemporaries seems even more ludicrous. Whether it's Radiohead or any other band that had huge success in the 90s.

I'm not sure why it'd be such a stretch for him.. He played before LCD Soundsystem at Electric Picnic last year and headlined several festivals that people assumed he'd be too big for so I don't think ego should be an obstacle unless it's something Glastonbury specific along the lines of "I've headlined here twice before, so I won't step down from that".

As far as I'm aware the only dates so far this year are opening for U2 on their stadium tour in July, so adding a date or two just before that would make sense, especially given that he's at the Festival most years anyway so clearly likes it.