Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

39 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I am trying my best. Just so you know that if this does come to fruition I will meet you by the meeting point on Friday morning to collect my wages from you.

JAMC must be a good shout to be there. Am seeing them on Saturday just in case but I'd be surprised if they weren't. 

Of course. Yeah I desperately want to see em at the Academy but there's absolutely no way my poor unemployed arse can afford it, especially with everything else I've rather daftly booked recently. So I'm gambling on them being there, but given the (pretty good) new album I think there's a good chance, yeah. 

28 minutes ago, uscore said:

Cool, cheers. Not too far off what I hoped/expected.   I love a bit of shoegazing.  High up the bill on a smaller stage is fine for me.

Anyone know what they are like live?  A band I've liked for many years but never seen play.

They were pretty good at Bestival last year although suffered from being in too big a slot really, although they were decent support for The Cure. Started off with a really, really small crowd. 

No idea about them playing before/after Slowdive. I guess it's wishful thinking hoping we'll get that trio anyways, shoegazey stuff tends to not really get on the bill much unfortunately. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is so much i would want to see on that poster. In fact that would be the best poster ever for me in the 5 years i have been going. last years festival i only saw 6 acts. Weather was too bad to do too much exploring / trotting around to see new stuff. 

On that poster there is SO MUCH i would love to see and would happily run around stages for even in bad weather:

Radiohead

Foos

Ed

Bon Iver
Lorde

The xx

Prodigy

ATCQ

Soulwax

RTJ

Solange

Sampha

FJM

Francis and the lights

The avalanches

Danny Brown

King Gizzard

Anderson Paak

Glass Animals

Maggie Rogers

One last prediction before the announcement

FRI
PY: 
Radiohead, Elbow, Lorde, A Tribe Called Quest, Kris Kristofferson, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Ibibio Sound Machine, Junun
OS: The Weeknd, Royal Blood, London Grammar, Run the Jewels, Father John Misty, Glass Animals, The Coral, Slaves, The Kooks
WH: Bonobo, Hacienda Classical, Songhoy Blues, Sampha, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Orchestra Baoab, Golden Rules
JP: Future Islands, Moderat, Cage the Elephant, White Lies, Pond, Sohn, Jagwar Ma, RAY BLK, Alexandra Savior, Cigarettes After Sex
PA: Soulwax, Slowdive, Mark Lanegan Band, Angel Olsen, Hamilton Leithauser, Margo Price, Joe Goddard, Rationale, The Lemon Twigs, Julia Jacklin

SAT
PY: 
Foo Fighters, Kaiser Chiefs, Van Morrison, Haim, Craig David, Clean Bandit, Baloji, Kate Tempest
OS: alt-J, Boy Better Know, Stormzy, Metronomy, Liam Gallagher, Circa Waves, Wiley, Sundara Karma, Declan McKena
WH: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots & the Maytals, Seu Jorge, Afriqoui, United Vibrations, Canalon de Timbiqui
JP: Goldfrapp, Jesus & Mary Chain, Crystal Fighters, James Vincent McMorrow, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Loyle Carner, Cabbage, Maggie Rogers, The Big Moon, Tom Grennan
PA: Warpaint, Grandaddy, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, BadBadNotGood, Thurston Moore Group, TBA, Mitski, Deep Throat Choir, Pixx, Let's Eat Grandma

SUN
PY: Ed Sheeran, The xx, Chic ft Nile Rodgers, Barry Gibb, Blossoms, The Staves, Omar Souleyman, Black Dyke Band
OS: Justice, Courteeners, George Ezra, Phoenix, Laura Marling, Wild Beasts, Dua Lipa, British Sea Power, The Japanese House
WH: Jamiroquai, DJ Shadow, Young Fathers, Bootsy's Rubber Band, Elza Soares, Pat Thomas & Kwashibu Area Band, Nadia Rose
JP: The Flaming Lips, First Aid Kit, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Real Estate, The Hunna, Fickle Friends, The Amazons, October Drift
PA: The Cinematic Orchestra, Sleaford Mods, Benjamin Clementine, Lucy Rose, Temples, Whitney, Formation, Jorja Smith, Girl Ray

On 22/03/2017 at 11:40 AM, CALAK94 said:

Hope Bon Iver is there he cancelled his entire European tour when i had tickets 

Where would you see Lorde (If playing) read somewhere here she demands high slots however think Subbing / Headlining other is too big a slot for her

Fourth down on the Pyramid on Friday so her album goes to number one while she's on stage would be cute. Probs third on Ed Sheeran day though.

48 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Future Islands are exclusive at Green Man 

Aye but their Nottingham show has randomly been moved from May to be use before Glasto so people are thinking they may have gotten around the exclusivity and now be playing Glasto. Glasto does always seem to book a few acts who are exclusive elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

Fourth down on the Pyramid on Friday so her album goes to number one while she's on stage would be cute. Probs third on Ed Sheeran day though.

Third is way high for her. I know she's pushing headline slots in the US but in Europe she's quite far down line ups - and I don't see it being any different here either. Could see her being mid-afternoon Pyramid or early evening Other, in all honesty.

14 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Aye but their Nottingham show has randomly been moved from May to be use before Glasto so people are thinking they may have gotten around the exclusivity and now be playing Glasto. Glasto does always seem to book a few acts who are exclusive elsewhere.

Thanks William, I don't pay enough attention 

27 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Someone who had a ticket to Rock City said it was because they have a gig in Spain on the same day as the original date

9 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
PY: Radiohead
, Elbow, Lorde, A Tribe Called Quest, Kris Kristofferson, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Ibibio Sound Machine, Junun
OS: The Weeknd, Royal Blood, London Grammar, Run the Jewels, Father John Misty, Glass Animals, The Coral, Slaves, The Kooks
WH: Bonobo, Hacienda Classical, Songhoy Blues, Sampha, Anderson .Paak & the Free Nationals, Orchestra Baoab, Golden Rules
JP: Future Islands, Moderat, Cage the Elephant, White Lies, Pond, Sohn, Jagwar Ma, RAY BLK, Alexandra Savior, Cigarettes After Sex
PA: Soulwax, Slowdive, Mark Lanegan Band, Angel Olsen, Hamilton Leithauser, Margo Price, Joe Goddard, Rationale, The Lemon Twigs, Julia Jacklin

SAT
PY: 
Foo Fighters, Kaiser Chiefs, Van Morrison, Haim, Craig David, Clean Bandit, Baloji, Kate Tempest
OS: alt-J, Boy Better Know, Stormzy, Metronomy, Liam Gallagher, Circa Waves, Wiley, Sundara Karma, Declan McKena
WH: The Jacksons, Solange, The Avalanches, Toots & the Maytals, Seu Jorge, Afriqoui, United Vibrations, Canalon de Timbiqui
JP: Goldfrapp, Jesus & Mary Chain, Crystal Fighters, James Vincent McMorrow, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Loyle Carner, Cabbage, Maggie Rogers, The Big Moon, Tom Grennan
PA: Warpaint, Grandaddy, Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, BadBadNotGood, Thurston Moore Group, TBA, Mitski, Deep Throat Choir, Pixx, Let's Eat Grandma

SUN
PY: Ed Sheeran, The xx, Chic ft Nile Rodgers, Barry Gibb, Blossoms, The Staves, Omar Souleyman, Black Dyke Band
OS: Justice, Courteeners, George Ezra, Phoenix, Laura Marling, Wild Beasts, Dua Lipa, British Sea Power, The Japanese House
WH: Jamiroquai, DJ Shadow, Young Fathers, Bootsy's Rubber Band, Elza Soares, Pat Thomas & Kwashibu Area Band, Nadia Rose
JP: The Flaming Lips, First Aid Kit, Ride, Public Service Broadcasting, Real Estate, The Hunna, Fickle Friends, The Amazons, October Drift
PA: The Cinematic Orchestra, Sleaford Mods, Benjamin Clementine, Lucy Rose, Temples, Whitney, Formation, Jorja Smith, Girl Ray

Great predo, tidy. I'd def take that any day of the week - some must sees and some clashes to ponder over.

10 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
PY: 
Radiohead, Elbow, Lorde, A Tribe Called Quest, Kris Kristofferson, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Ibibio Sound Machine, Junun

SAT
PY: 

SUN

Radiohead vs Bonobo vs Future Islands vs Soulwax

Obvs seeing Radiohead but that's a mo fo of a clash! 

13 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
PY: 

SAT
PY: 

SUN

Don't wanna be a buzzkill or anything but I'm a little bit disappointed by this prospective lineup... I mean if Radiohead weren't a headliner this year I'd possibly just not go.

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

Don't wanna be a buzzkill or anything but I'm a little bit disappointed by this prospective lineup... I mean if Radiohead weren't a headliner this year I'd possibly just not go.

Out of interest why? good chance of a few of those playing, so who would you like to see added?

14 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
PY: Radiohead,
 Elbow, Lorde, A Tribe Called Quest, Kris Kristofferson, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Ibibio Sound Machine, Junun

SAT
PY: 

SUN

I'd take that, I don't think Wiley would be on that early though and I'm not sure about George Ezra subbing the other stage but maybe that's just because I don't like him...

I can't understand how anyone can look at that lineup (or any Glasto lineup for that matter) and go 'nah this ones not for me - I'm out'. It might not have loads of your all time favourite acts on there but if you can't find enough to keep you entertained then maybe music and festivals isn't you're bag in general. 

1 hour ago, mjsell said:

I can't understand how anyone can look at that lineup (or any Glasto lineup for that matter) and go 'nah this ones not for me - I'm out'. It might not have loads of your all time favourite acts on there but if you can't find enough to keep you entertained then maybe music and festivals isn't you're bag in general. 

It's just not ground breaking. I've seen more groundbreaking acts at a pneumatic drill convention. I will 100% spend the entire festival trying to avoid Ed fans

9 hours ago, mjsell said:

I've been to Glastonbury the last 3 years and absolutely loved it. Each year I've seen 3 different headliners that have been big bands/artists that have been a little special part of my life, for example arcade fire, massive attack, Kanye west, flying lotus, Sigur Rós, LCD Soundsystem. The prediction there this year seems to be packed with old party-type bands that aren't that relevant anymore coming back like the jacksons, chic, Barry Gibb, jamiroquai etc. Like @Glaston Martin I don't really see many big groundbreaking acts that have been a solid part of musical history except Radiohead. I'm pining for a big act headlining Other in line with Massive Attack, Chemical Brothers and LCD Soundsystem/New Order basically. Also I think The Weeknd will be subbing Ed and Justice will be up against Radiohead, leaving space for an act like that on the Other on Sunday!