Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

They could always tell the Foos to stick the dodgy cover versions where the sun don't shine. That, coupled with the reduced need to play anything from Sonic Highways and a little less running around from Sprinty Dave, should cut the setlist down to something that'd fit in a two hour limit. Surely nobody wants to blow two and a half hours of Glastonbury on a single act anyway.

Edited by Zac Quinn

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Good shout from Gazza over in the Green Day thread about how it'd be a struggle to fit 8 acts on the Pyramid Sunday if they have both a 2.5 hour Foos set and 1.5 Diana Ross set to fit in. The bottom few acts already appear to get shorter set times in order to fit the legend in, so I wouldn't have thought they'd want to shorten sets even further.

Last few Sunday legends have been 70 minutes, so you've got 20 minutes back right there.

I think they'd just not allow Foos a 2.5 hour slot, but if they were really dying for one then yeah, they'd knock an act off the bottom of the list. 

Edited by dentalplan

23 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

What with it being a tour specifically of festivals rather than as part of a larger run including their own huge shows, the Foos may well only be rehearsing a shorter setlist anyway.

R&L 12 was 2.5 hours too and I don't think there were any of their own shows along with that. Sure they always do shows of that length.

51 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

What with it being a tour specifically of festivals rather than as part of a larger run including their own huge shows, the Foos may well only be rehearsing a shorter setlist anyway.

My guess is that Radiohead will be getting a 1hr 45 min set, Foos a 2hr set, and Ed Sheeran a 1hr30min set. Radiohead will probably end up cutting out Deck's Dark and Desert island disk and cutting down to a 20/21 song set and Foos will do their usual 22 song set without any encores or nothing.

On 03/02/2017 at 1:05 PM, dentalplan said:

Can anyone stomach another stage prediction?

FRIDAY
Py: Radiohead, Royal Blood, Emeli Sandé, A Tribe Called Quest, Clean Bandit, Kris Kristofferson, Kate Tempest, <ballet>
OS: The Weeknd, Courteeners, Richard Ashcroft, Phoenix, Enter Shikari, Circa Waves, The Coral, Slaves, Elbow
JP: Liam Gallagher, Laura Marling, Warpaint, White Lies, Spring King, Clean Cut Kid, Frances, Vant, The Japanese House, Tom Grennan
WH: Jamiroquai, Hacienda Classical, Wiley, Thundercat, Misty in Roots, Loyle Carner, Holly Herndon, Junun
Pa: First Aid Kit, Moderat, Charli XCX, Agnes Obel, Sampha, Whitney, Kevin Morby, Jorja Smith, She Drew the Gun, Julia Jacklin

SATURDAY
Py: Ed Sheeran, Bon Iver, Van Morrison, Lorde, The Maccabees, Herbie Hancock, Nao, Omar Souleyman
OS: The xx, George Ezra, Metronomy, The Kooks, Jungle, Wild Beasts, Aurora, Sundara Karma, Teleman
JP: Justice, Crystal Castles, Glass Animals, The Horrors, Rag'n'Bone Man, DMA's, Jagwar Ma, Cabbage, The Big Moon, Let's Eat Grandma
WH: The Jacksons, DJ Shadow, Toots & the Maytals, Elza Soares, Anderson Paak, Seu Jorge, Ray BLK, Bacao Rhythm & Steel Band
Pa: Orbital, Grandaddy, Local Natives, American Football, Angel Olsen, Alexis Taylor, Pond, Fickle Friends, Formation, The Lemon Twigs

SUNDAY
Py: Foo Fighters, Kaiser Chiefs, Paolo Nutini, Diana Ross, Solange, Amadou et Mariam, Sturgill Simpson, Black Dyke Band
OS: alt-J, The Flaming Lips, London Grammar, You Me at Six, Blossoms, The Kills, Skinny Lister, Dua Lipa, Declan McKenna
JP: Bonobo, Stormzy, Father John Misty, Teenage Fanclub, Spoon, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, The Hunna, Mitski, The Amazons, Judas
WH: Kraftwerk, The Avalanches, Miguel, Young Fathers, Bassekou Kouyate & Ngoni Ba, BCUC, Tiggs da Author, Rationale, Imarhan
Pa: Slowdive, Benjamin Clementine, Sleaford Mods, Real Estate, Temples, Swet Shop Boys, Ryley Walker, The Moonlandingz, Kikagaku Moyo

Absolutely beautiful predos all over.
Shame about the Radiohead vs Jamiroquai and the The XX vs Justice vs The Jacksons clashes, but marvelous none the less

30 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

My guess is that Radiohead will be getting a 1hr 45 min set, Foos a 2hr set, and Ed Sheeran a 1hr30min set. Radiohead will probably end up cutting out Deck's Dark and Desert island disk and cutting down to a 20/21 song set and Foos will do their usual 22 song set without any encores or nothing.

Really only a 1 hr 45 min slot for Radiohead? They did a lot of 2 hour sets last year including some confusing two encore sections.

They've said that Glastonbury is a real spiritual home for them, so I'd expect a slightly longer set, surely, no?

Had a day off work today and was absolutely bored shitless, so thought I'd have a go at one of these prediction thingys. Feel free to tell me how bad it probably is.

Pyramid:
Fri: The Bootleg Beatles, Kate Tempest, Stormzy, Clean Bandit, A Tribe Called Quest, Iggy Pop, The XX, Radiohead
Sat: Omar Souleyman, Shura, Blossoms, Hanz Zimmer, The Maccabees, The Specials, Royal Blood, Foo Fighters
Sun: Black Dyke Band, Sturgil Simpson, Father John Misty, Barry Gibb, Diana Ross, Emily Sande, Robbie Williams, Ed Sheeran

Other:
Fri: Stereophonics (Special Guests), Car Seat Headrest, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Warpaint, Mark Lanegan Band, The Vaccines, You Me At Six, Franz Ferdinand, The Prodigy
Sat: Kate Nash, Circa Waves, Loyle Carner, Example, Tinie Tempah, The Courteeners, Richard Ashcroft, Paulo Nutini, Chase & Status
Sun: Big Gigantic, Whitney, Francis and The Lights, Matt Corby, Fat White Family, Jungle, Glass Animals, London Grammar, Alt-J

John Peel:
Fri: Goat Girl, Shame, HMLTD, Foy Vance, Maximo Park, Milky Chance, Oscar & The Wolf, Kaleo, Charli XCX, Justice
Sat: Oscar, Big Ups, Swim Deep, Splashh, Surfer Blood, Girl Band, Buzzcocks, Swans, Wild Beasts, The Flaming Lips
Sun: Emerging Talent Competition Winner, Black Lips, King Khan & The Shrines, Ty Segall, Thee Oh Sees, Beirut, Wiley, Soulwax, The Kills, Kraftwerk

Park:
Fri:
Sports Team, The Lemon Twigs, PINS, Wire, Lush, Spoon, Slowdive, Martha Reeves & The Vandellas, Four Tet, Bonobo
Sat: Insecure Men, Warmduscher, Happyness, Hot 8 Brass Band, Dub Pistols, Parquet Courts, Mac Demarco, Deerhunter, Brian Wilson
Sun: Fish, Meatraffle, The Dears, The Wytches, Tempa T, Hinds, Sleaford Mods, Benjamin Clementine, Run The Jewels

West Holts:
FRI: Moses Boyd, Ibibio Sound Machine, Ebo Taylor, Action Bronson, Young Fathers, Fat Freddy's Drop, Damien Marley
SAT: T.P Orchestra Poly-Rhythmo, Flowdan, Mad Professor, Orlando Julius, BadBadNotGood, Blood Orange, St. Germain, Jamiroquai
SUN: Konono NO.1,  Pat Thomas & The Kawashibu Area Band, Brinsley Forde (Aswad), Thundercat, Toots & The Maytals, The Fatback Band, The Jacksons feat. Kool & The Gang

Edited by BlackHole2006

1 hour ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Had a day off work today and was absolutely bored shitless, so thought I'd have a go at one of these prediction thingys. Feel free to tell me how bad it probably is.

Purely on the basis that I was at work today and you weren't, it's shit.  You're shit.  I hate you.

Better :P

Heres a small stage prediction (I don't know enough about the smaller stages early slots to place acts correctly - and I'm at work so can't be arsed)

FRIDAY
Py: Radiohead, The XX, Iggy Pop, A Tribe Called Quest, Rag N Bone Man
OS: Boy Better Know, George Ezra, Clean Bandit, Phoenix
JP: Liam Gallagher, Circa Waves, Laura Marling,
WH: Jamiroquai, DJ Shadow
Pa: Orbital

SATURDAY
Py: Foo Fighters, Lady Gaga, Kaiser Chiefs, Van Morrison
JP: Maccabees, Crystal Castles, Glass Animals,
WH: Damian Marley, Toots & the Maytails
Pa: Brian Wilson

SUNDAY
Py: Ed Sheeran, Alt J, Lorde, Diana Ross, Barry Gibb
OS: Green Day, The Flaming Lips, You Me at Six, Blossoms
JP: Bonobo, The Avalanches, Metronomy
WH: The Jacksons,Chaka Khan
Pa: Jesus & Mary Chain

6 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Heres a small stage prediction (I don't know enough about the smaller stages early slots to place acts correctly - and I'm at work so can't be arsed)

FRIDAY
Py: Radiohead, The XX, Iggy Pop, A Tribe Called Quest, Rag N Bone Man
OS: Boy Better Know, George Ezra, Clean Bandit, Phoenix
JP: Liam Gallagher, Circa Waves, Laura Marling,
WH: Jamiroquai, DJ Shadow
Pa: Orbital

SATURDAY
Py: Foo Fighters, Lady Gaga, Kaiser Chiefs, Van Morrison
JP: Maccabees, Crystal Castles, Glass Animals,
WH: Damian Marley, Toots & the Maytails
Pa: Brian Wilson

SUNDAY
Py: Ed Sheeran, Alt J, Lorde, Diana Ross, Barry Gibb
OS: Green Day, The Flaming Lips, You Me at Six, Blossoms
JP: Bonobo, The Avalanches, Metronomy
WH: The Jacksons,Chaka Khan
Pa: Jesus & Mary Chain

Saturday and Sunday are dandy, mj.

Not in anyway enamoured with your ludicrous RH/Orbital/Jamiroquai clusterclash...!

Ben

On 10/02/2017 at 4:47 PM, BlackHole2006 said:

Pyramid:
Fri: The Bootleg Beatles, Kate Tempest, Stormzy, Clean Bandit, A Tribe Called Quest, Iggy Pop, The XX, Radiohead
Sat: Omar Souleyman, Shura, Blossoms, Hanz Zimmer, The Maccabees, The Specials, Royal Blood, Foo Fighters
Sun: Black Dyke Band, Sturgil Simpson, Father John Misty, Barry Gibb, Diana Ross, Emily Sande, Robbie Williams, Ed Sheeran

Other:
Fri: Stereophonics (Special Guests), Car Seat Headrest, King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard Warpaint, Mark Lanegan Band, The Vaccines, You Me At Six, Franz Ferdinand, The Prodigy
Sat: Kate Nash, Circa Waves, Loyle Carner, Example, Tinie Tempah, The Courteeners, Richard Ashcroft, Paulo Nutini, Chase & Status
Sun: Big Gigantic, Whitney, Francis and The Lights, Matt Corby, Fat White Family, Jungle, Glass Animals, London Grammar, Alt-J

John Peel:
Fri: Goat Girl, Shame, HMLTD, Foy Vance, Maximo Park, Milky Chance, Oscar & The Wolf, Kaleo, Charli XCX, Justice
Sat: Oscar, Big Ups, Swim Deep, Splashh, Surfer Blood, Girl Band, Buzzcocks, Swans, Wild Beasts, The Flaming Lips
Sun: Emerging Talent Competition Winner, Black Lips, King Khan & The Shrines, Ty Segall, Thee Oh Sees, Beirut, Wiley, Soulwax, The Kills, Kraftwerk

Park:
Fri:
Sports Team, The Lemon Twigs, PINS, Wire, Lush, Spoon, Slowdive, Martha Reeves & The Vandellas, Four Tet, Bonobo
Sat: Insecure Men, Warmduscher, Happyness, Hot 8 Brass Band, Dub Pistols, Parquet Courts, Mac Demarco, Deerhunter, Brian Wilson
Sun: Fish, Meatraffle, The Dears, The Wytches, Tempa T, Hinds, Sleaford Mods, Benjamin Clementine, Run The Jewels

West Holts:
FRI: Moses Boyd, Ibibio Sound Machine, Ebo Taylor, Action Bronson, Young Fathers, Fat Freddy's Drop, Damien Marley
SAT: T.P Orchestra Poly-Rhythmo, Flowdan, Mad Professor, Orlando Julius, BadBadNotGood, Blood Orange, St. Germain, Jamiroquai
SUN: Konono NO.1,  Pat Thomas & The Kawashibu Area Band, Brinsley Forde (Aswad), Thundercat, Toots & The Maytals, The Fatback Band, The Jacksons feat. Kool & The Gang

That really would be marvellous 

1 minute ago, bennyhana22 said:

Saturday and Sunday are dandy, mj.

Not in anyway enamoured with your ludicrous RH/Orbital/Jamiroquai clusterclash...!

Ben

Now that Neil is saying there isnt going to B-wills at G I would need another Park headliner. Any suggestions? could move Orbital to saturday but with Other having an electronic headliner I went with Friday

Just now, mjsell said:

Now that Neil is saying there isnt going to B-wills at G I would need another Park headliner. Any suggestions? could move Orbital to saturday but with Other having an electronic headliner I went with Friday

It's am almost impossible task...coordinating loads of bands that we don't even know are playing onto so many stages!

An annual treat!

:)

Ben

1 hour ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Any reason folk seem to be hedging ATCQ for Friday Pyramid? I mean, I am very down for ATCQ-Iggy-XX-Radiohead as it will likely remove some clashes...

With the news today from neil that Saturday Other stage is 'Hippity Hoppity' - I would now place ATCQ on there. No idea if they would headline or sub or what. I always thought they were best suited to West Holts headliner, but then they have been announced as a Bestival headliner so who knows.