Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I like you dental but this is just baffling. Some acts are waaay too high... I'm still convinced that Gorillaz are the returning headliner

i'm thinking top two for pyramid will be

Radiohead subbed by Bon Iver

Ed Sheeran subbed by Lorde

Gorillaz subbed by Sia

Some acts playing waaaay to high and then you put Lorde as sub, unless her second album is something very special I cannot see her getting above 3rd

8 minutes ago, stocky3000 said:

Some acts playing waaaay to high and then you put Lorde as sub, unless her second album is something very special I cannot see her getting above 3rd

From the start her bookings have made it clear that its big slot or no slot. When she broke out she was taking huge slots at US festivals, headline slots at smaller European festivals

plus she's based in New Zealand, she won't bother playing a festival here unless the slot is worth it.

plus who we kidding, her next album is going to be just as big as the first

From her breakout she's been an act that's commanded high slots, that's not gonna change whilst she gets bigger

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

From the start her bookings have made it clear that its big slot or no slot. When she broke out she was taking huge slots at US festivals, headline slots at smaller European festivals

plus she's based in New Zealand, she won't bother playing a festival here unless the slot is worth it.

plus who we kidding, her next album is going to be just as big as the first

From her breakout she's been an act that's commanded high slots, that's not gonna change whilst she gets bigger

I'm happy to be proven wrong, Matthew, but it's far from certain that Ms Lorde's next album is 'going to be just as big as the first'. 

I love your optimism, but life / art / careers don't work that way. 

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Somebody make a Matt42 meme thingy, one of those where it's like "accuses Dental of placing bands too high" at the top, and then "says Gorillaz will headline" at the bottom. We're still doing that type of meme, aren't we?

Hey

(I just don't think the national will play third down)

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Somebody make a Matt42 meme thingy, one of those where it's like "accuses Dental of placing bands too high" at the top, and then "says Gorillaz will headline" at the bottom. We're still doing that type of meme, aren't we?

Also James bay third down? No ta x

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Pretty much spot on for both The National and James Bay tbh, you bloody maniac

will you be holding back the river at approximately 6pm sunday?

Idk I just don't see him ever getting that big, other sub seems like a better fit

Fall Out Boy's Reading set looked like great fun, get them on the Pyramid. Radiohead sub, there's more hooks in any given FOB song than in Radiohead's entire discography, thus setting a nice balance. Or Beyonce sub for Sunday night, to make sure anybody who might be flagging by that time still dances.

38 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Fall Out Boy's Reading set looked like great fun, get them on the Pyramid. Radiohead sub, there's more hooks in any given FOB song than in Radiohead's entire discography, thus setting a nice balance. Or Beyonce sub for Sunday night, to make sure anybody who might be flagging by that time still dances.

FOB were brilliant at Leeds, really blew me away, I know there was a lot of tricks but it was good fun. 

After watching the Reading footage of the bands I couldn't go to see I want twenty one pilots somewhere on the lineup, west holts or John peel perhaps 

On 28/08/2016 at 1:32 PM, dentalplan said:

I know I've already got a prediction thing on this page but it's raining and I've updated mine a little...

This is nice and all but can we please not subject King Gizz to the slow painful death of an early Other Stage slot? They'd be a lot better off in the JP a bit later on.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

Myself too, it's Glastonbury Festival, contemporary performing arts festival, not boring acts festival. 

Um, my question was posed more out of intrigue regarding Dental's amendment of his original line up. Please don't re-frame it in your own negative context. 

17 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Hey

(I just don't think the national will play third down)

The National are more likely to be higher than that than they are to be lower.

I think 3rd Pyramid/sub Other if they play, but wouldn't be surprised by them subbing Pyramid or headlining Other. They've headlined Latitude twice and played the O2 on their last album (not sure how it sold, though).