Taking a trolley on the train

llyrios

Hey, first post, so bare that in mind :)

Okay so me and 2 other friends are getting the train from Cardiff to Reading, then a taxi from the station. Same as what I did last year. Except this time 2 of us are taking festival trolleys: 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/PMS-International-090-265-Festival/dp/B008KX5CES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469828727&sr=8-1&keywords=festival+trolley
We are gonna pile it with crates and maybe some other smaller things, put a bin bag or 2 around it then tie it down, just to make sure its stable and possibly out of respect; hiding the crates etc... We are getting a great western train and when booking I was able to select seats with a table, that could be one of the 4 seaters. If so ill put my rucksack on the overhead hopefully then put the trolley in the bigger section by the doors. 

Would I be able to do this? Would it be denied onto the train with all the alcohol etc and because of it taking up space? 

Also I'll be arriving after 10 or so, getting to the festival at say 11, would they let us in, last year I heard rumours of letting people in at like 8AM or something?

Edited by llyrios

3 hours ago, jake.b.overton said:

The train part will be fine, there's plenty of racking by the doors for suitcases etc. You'll have to be careful what taxi you get as some won't be able to accommodate your luggage, might be worth a walk? What day are you turning up?

The Wednesday, and last year I got into one of those bigger taxis with a lot of room so that hopefully shouldn't be too much of an issue.

It's worth checking with the train provider, we took a trolley last year as our 12 man tent is just too heavy to carry, we were allowed to take it on but they gave us specific times where we wouldn't be allowed because of crowding, we just gave them the route and dimensions of the trolley and luggage on the trolley.

Wednesday is normally around 2pm onwards entry, like Jake I've never seen them let anyone in earlier than 12 but it has been as late as 4