2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

On 1 August 2016 at 11:10 AM, Quark said:

Appears that I have much to think upon!

Have to say that the two biggest worries are an early departure time from a London location I can't get to, and a stupidly early return on the Monday morning.  Getting there slightly later on the Wednesday I can deal with, albeit not ideal.

But an extra shot at a ticket is very tempting!!!

I went on a coach package for the first time this year.  Had not succeeded in the initial coach sale nor the general sale.  Amazing help from fellow Efesters got me a coach package in the re-sale.  It turned out to be a 10:30 a.m. departure out of Birmingham on the Thursday.  Not ideal, but if it is either that or not going…  

It meant I missed out on my "pre-fest" in Glastonbury Town.  I always went a few days earlier to the area, stayed at the Backpackers, climbed the Tor etc. and then went to the site on a shuttle bus on Wednesday morning.  The Seetickets coach I was on this year even made a 45 minute stop at a service station outside Bristol, so it was 5 p.m. on Thursday by the time I had my tent up.  I am not complaining, I still had a brilliant festival and I was delighted to be going at all - however I did feel like I had missed the first third of the festival.  It would make sense to make Thursday departures a bit cheaper than Wednesday ones…  Although in hindsight I guess it didn't work out too badly, what with many people spending all of Wednesday in traffic and in queues.

I would love a regular ticket, but will try for the coach again this year, just to have the extra opportunity.

Edited by Watergirl

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Alvarhanso said:

Went on coach this year from Sheffield 

was fairly painless in terms of coaches themselves plenty of room for stuff etc

only problem was the traffic. Took 14 hours to get to site all in all from sheffield

The traffic was terrible this year, but wasn't just affecting coaches. One of those times when a motorcycle would have been a really good option!

On 04/08/2016 at 6:56 PM, Pinhead said:

Its pretty fair now tbh since they plugged the 'back key' loophole. It will always be a nightmare now I think on ticket day - unless crap weather looks definite or a poor headliner is chosen...

we should be fine from now on then old son lol

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Untz said:

I've already resigned myself to not getting a ticket ever again.

Think I might just stick to the two main sales this year. Monitoring the not-so-secret resale and competitions, and getting nowhere with them, became very draining.

Full of the joys of spring then Untz? ;)

All will be well my friend!  As eFesters we're all bound to get tickets; don't like to shout it but...we're kind of a big deal.

16 minutes ago, Quark said:

Full of the joys of spring then Untz? ;)

All will be well my friend!  As eFesters we're all bound to get tickets; don't like to shout it but...we're kind of a big deal.

Optimism is tiring. As is continually failing at ticket sales.

But just think about how ecstatic I will be if I expect nothing but actually get the bastard things!

32 minutes ago, Untz said:

I've already resigned myself to not getting a ticket ever again.

Think I might just stick to the two main sales this year. Monitoring the not-so-secret resale and competitions, and getting nowhere with them, became very draining.

4 minutes ago, Untz said:

But just think about how ecstatic I will be if I expect nothing but actually get the bastard things!

I have so much sympathy with this position, Untz. I've decided after last year to only try for the two main sales from now on. I found the whole resale experience so draining when I did it for 2014, and this year, as much as I was sad not to go, it was nice to get my summer planned and sorted in advance. 

Weirdly, now I've missed one, I don't feel as panicked about the sale as I thought I might. I intend to give it a go, but I'm not sure I'll be super devastated if I fail, now I know that life goes on...

Would love to know the ticket sale date though. Especially as I think I might be at a wedding for the coach one. 

2 minutes ago, Untz said:

Euphoria after expected failure - fair point!

Will keep appropriate digits crossed for all concerned :)

10 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Weirdly, now I've missed one, I don't feel as panicked about the sale as I thought I might. I intend to give it a go, but I'm not sure I'll be super devastated if I fail, now I know that life goes on...

This is exactly how I feel. I think the problem was I put so much expectation on going having gone every time it had been on in the past x amount of years I just couldn't imagine not going. And now it's happened and it's... fine.

Of course, I still withhold the option to be bouncing off the walls in joy or throwing a megastrop come ticket day.

Just now, Untz said:

This is exactly how I feel. I think the problem was I put so much expectation on going having gone every time it had been on in the past x amount of years I just couldn't imagine not going. And now it's happened and it's... fine.

Of course, I still withhold the option to be bouncing off the walls in joy or throwing a megastrop come ticket day.

Was this the first year you've missed one since you started going? It was for me - I've been every year since 2008 until 2015. I intend to go in 2017. But in some ways the fear of missing it was worse than the actual reality. The thought of never going again would depress me immensely, mind, so I will probably try every year and let chance/fate/ticket gods/luck decide for me. It's just not getting any easier, and there's not a big group of us any more, so my chances are not as good as those who are. 

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Was this the first year you've missed one since you started going? It was for me - I've been every year since 2008 until 2015. I intend to go in 2017. But in some ways the fear of missing it was worse than the actual reality. The thought of never going again would depress me immensely, mind, so I will probably try every year and let chance/fate/ticket gods/luck decide for me. It's just not getting any easier, and there's not a big group of us any more, so my chances are not as good as those who are. 

Yep, the first one and I'd been every year since 2005 so it felt very odd not getting tickets. I'm not sure I handled it entirely well (comically denying it was happening, ignoring any media bar some photos of mud), but I agree it was a lot better than I thought it would be. The Turkish heatwave I was enjoying at the time certainly helped though.

Definitely planning on going next year... but if I don't, then 2019 after three years off? Who knows what I'll be feeling then.

Just now, Untz said:

Yep, the first one and I'd been every year since 2005 so it felt very odd not getting tickets. I'm not sure I handled it entirely well (comically denying it was happening, ignoring any media bar some photos of mud), but I agree it was a lot better than I thought it would be. The Turkish heatwave I was enjoying at the time certainly helped though.

Definitely planning on going next year... but if I don't, then 2019 after three years off? Who knows what I'll be feeling then.

Yeah, I hear you. Is 2018 definitely the fallow then? I hate the idea of three years off.

In the end I visited my aunt in Spain while it was on and that was a pretty good distraction! And all the Brexit news meant I kind of avoided too much Glasto at the time. 

18 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah, I hear you. Is 2018 definitely the fallow then? I hate the idea of three years off.

In the end I visited my aunt in Spain while it was on and that was a pretty good distraction! And all the Brexit news meant I kind of avoided too much Glasto at the time. 

To be honest, I have no idea about the fallow year - it was then the last time I checked, but I've not been keeping up to date.

Trying for coach tickets this year.  First time doing so as have always driven.  I'm hoping if I manage to get a ticket this way, it will encourage me to take less shite.  On holiday until October 2nd though so praying that the coach ticket sale is on the 6th.

Any ideas about when the ticket sale date will be announced?

1 hour ago, Padgey said:

Seeing this thread has reminded me I must check my registration.  I'm sure they said last year that registrations before 2010 may not be valid, I'm sure mine was before then but was still ok.

CHECK YOUR REGISTRATION!

Also....if you need to update your photograph you will need to submit a new registration if you bought tickets for 2016.  I had an email from See confirming that there is a system problem which prevents you updating your photograph if you bought tickets for 2016, and to submit a new registration instead.

44 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Also....if you need to update your photograph you will need to submit a new registration if you bought tickets for 2016.  I had an email from See confirming that there is a system problem which prevents you updating your photograph if you bought tickets for 2016, and to submit a new registration instead.

Good advice, I've just gone through this process. Took quite a while for the new photo to be approved. Maybe they couldn't quite believe anyone looked like that....

On 24 August 2016 at 9:32 AM, Untz said:

I failed to get tickets three years in a row and it felt I was never going again, when I finally got them the feeling was incredible, wishing you a bit of that buzz. 
Charm x