2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, StormCrow said:

From Glastonbury site

“Payment by card for UK sales is by the following card types – Visa Debit, Visa Credit, Visa Electron, Switch/Maestro Domestic, Solo, MasterCard. 

You may be asked for additional security information when purchasing Festival tickets online from seetickets.com. Depending on your method of payment, you will be directed to either Verified by Visa or Mastercard SecureCode for payment authorisation. If you often make purchases online you’re probably already signed up, but if you’ve not already subscribed to one of these services you will need to do so before your transaction can be processed.”

I’m assuming the warning about verified by visa is related to them now allowing credit card payments. I’ve never been asked for it when paying with my visa debit card so I’ll be hopefully doing that again this year and giving the credit cards a miss just in case. I don’t want to add another step to the payment process if I can avoid it.

Hey - thanks for the heads up about this. Most appreciated. Hmm that means need to make sure there is cash in my account for 6 deposits. Can't take the stress of verified by Visa - not to mention the extra time that'll take and the increased chance of it selling out! Yikes! 

So.....if you get to the add registration page and press send only for it to hang, how long do you think we should to wait before hitting the back button?.. Last year I got that far and it hung and hung, when  I should have hit back, but I was worried that at that at moment i did I would have got to the next screen........

I guess this applies for all of the pages once you get to the add registration page.

We're currently in a group of 9 but 3 are not sure. I know they won't bother helping to get tickets so I'm half tempted to put them together in a group and have the other 6 who really want to go all trying. 

I would never normally contemplate "leaving a man behind" but T-Day does funny things to you!! 

7 minutes ago, nikkic said:

We're currently in a group of 9 but 3 are not sure. I know they won't bother helping to get tickets so I'm half tempted to put them together in a group and have the other 6 who really want to go all trying. 

I would never normally contemplate "leaving a man behind" but T-Day does funny things to you!! 

Nothing stopping the 6 who really want to go trying first, and then once (if) one of you manages to get all of the tickets, trying again for the 3 who are maybe's. Nothing selfish in that if the other ones aren't that arsed about it to be honest.

8 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

Nothing stopping the 6 who really want to go trying first, and then once (if) one of you manages to get all of the tickets, trying again for the 3 who are maybe's. Nothing selfish in that if the other ones aren't that arsed about it to be honest.

Think that's what we'll end up doing. Like you say nothing selfish in it. 

58 minutes ago, nikkic said:

That's what I'd do, definitely prioritise the ones who are bothered to help. Fair's fair.

3 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

A week before ticket sales and break my phone and my laptop. Naturally I cried with stress for about an hour when the laptop broke. Frantically trying to get it repaired this week. Send me positive vibes :( 

It'll all be ok love! I'm sure it will get fixed or you could borrow someones! I hope you get it sorted x

7 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

A week before ticket sales and break my phone and my laptop. Naturally I cried with stress for about an hour when the laptop broke. Frantically trying to get it repaired this week. Send me positive vibes :( 

My best success of recent years was in the public library on their internet, so all is not lost. 

30 minutes ago, MadScientist said:

GWAN GIRL POSITIVE VIBEZ

Anyone know when the deadline is for registrations?

I have a friend in my group who "wants to come" but baring in mind she hates crowds, has never camped at a festival, and will no chance try for tickets - I don't want her to come. I've explained this to her after she had a terrible time at Leeds (on just a day ticket, on a sunny day, where Mumford and Sons crowd was way too much) but she persists she doesn't want to miss out. Call me harsh but I'd rather she stayed at home.

She hasn't registered yet, so I'm hoping she misses the deadline. I'm brutal, but ill be saving her money and time when she realises she can't get the 6 hour coach back on Thursday.

2 minutes ago, FestiZebra said:

I have a friend in my group who "wants to come" but baring in mind she hates crowds, has never camped at a festival, and will no chance try for tickets - I don't want her to come. I've explained this to her after she had a terrible time at Leeds (on just a day ticket, on a sunny day, where Mumford and Sons crowd was way too much) but she persists she doesn't want to miss out. Call me harsh but I'd rather she stayed at home.

She hasn't registered yet, so I'm hoping she misses the deadline. I'm brutal, but ill be saving her money and time when she realises she can't get the 6 hour coach back on Thursday.

Registration closes at 12pm on Monday 3rd. 

OK I'm officially nervous for T-Day. The past two times I've been, I've had a fairly cavalier attitude towards the tickets. There is a lot at stake now given the recent rumours! Missing Radiohead at Glastonbury would be devastating.

We were trying to convince a group of friends to come along for the first time, but they have started being all non-committal about it. With Roses and Radiohead looking likely, my attitude has completely switched and I couldn't care less if they come now :P I really CBA to chase people up all the time now that excitement is reaching such critical levels already..! 

5 hours ago, Wellyboot said:

It'll all be ok love! I'm sure it will get fixed or you could borrow someones! I hope you get it sorted x

5 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

My best success of recent years was in the public library on their internet, so all is not lost. 

4 hours ago, cb4747 said:

GWAN GIRL POSITIVE VIBEZ

Thanks for the words of support peeps. Hopefully my laptop will be fixed in time and even quicker than it was before :unsure:

2 hours ago, FestiZebra said:

If she's not gonna try for tix then tell her u wont try for her. Group effort or bust. 

2 hours ago, FestiZebra said:

You definitely shouldn't go with someone like that, it'll ruin your festival. A few years back a couple of my good mates came with us, they'd been before and loved it but in the months preceding they got into their head that it wasn't for them anymore. They spent the whole 5 days moaning. Brought the whole group down. 

In situations like this, being selfish is a good thing. Think of number 1!