2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, bonbonbonbons said:

Missed out on the last couple of years so massively pumped to have been one of the lucky lot this year - took a few goes to get the payment through though, got the heart going better than any workout known to man!

Anyone with a username as good as yours is a fantastic addition to the festival.

So now that the dust has settled on T day for 2017 do people reckon that there was increased demand for tickets due to Adele and Coldplay on the TV, as was predicted on these forums by many in the aftermath of this years festival?

As I wasn't trying for tickets last year and got them fairly easily ths year I can't really say. But I can imagine the announcement of the fallow year in 2018 didn't do our chances any good.

15 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

So now that the dust has settled on T day for 2017 do people reckon that there was increased demand for tickets due to Adele and Coldplay on the TV, as was predicted on these forums by many in the aftermath of this years festival?

As I wasn't trying for tickets last year and got them fairly easily ths year I can't really say. But I can imagine the announcement of the fallow year in 2018 didn't do our chances any good.

I think impossible to say. The fact that see tickets couldnt cope for the first time in a long while (for the october sunday sale) could be indicative of that but equally see could just have messed up.

id have bet plenty that it would have sold out by 9.30am but as it was it was 9.50am .

i cant recall an october sunday sale where i felt as pissed off at See as i did today. Pages timing out, getting kicked out once all the way to payment page. Not to mention not getting even a holding page on my laptop which i always have got. Plus they didnt include the handy twitter plug in they have done for past few years.

still got tickets so not arsed really but felt see actually messed up today which i havent before

Edited by Memory Man

8 hours ago, 106r12lye said:

I understand how the host hack works and it's proven successful over many years.

The problem is I'm always waiting for someone to provide the information.

How does one go about finding this information for themselves? 

I think if you get through to the booking page whilst running a network monitor (eg Wireshark), you would be able to see the IP the booking server you've connected to. Then once you know IP other people can edit their hosts to go directly to that server rather than via the holding screen. So it either needs someone who's monitoring their traffic to get through to the booking screen, or for someone to have prior knowledge of the IPs being used.  

This is just me theorising though, I haven't really been around the Glastonbury booking system long enough to know.

Edited by Chawk

I managed to get in at 0917 this year. Initially I had two laptops, an iPad and an iPhone 4g running. Both laptops were running one tab per browser (Chrome & Firefox on one and Chrome and Safari on the other). I focused on just one (MacBook) refreshing safari for about 10 mins, which then locked. After stressing I thought i would switch to chrome on the mac and see what happens.

I got into the registration page at 0918, smooth after this. I then managed to get back in to secure tickets for a fellow efester, after this I managed to get in a third time, unfortunately it sold out when i was at the details confirmation page.

Does anyone hold the same view that if you manage to get in, it is sometimes easier to get in again?

If anyone needs assistance in the resales let me know.

Best wishes to everyone.

Dave

THE HOST HACK

Tried to do this and when I went to save it said I couldn't. Not sure what I was doing wrong. I am the administrator so am confused. Any pointers from those that know a bit about computing? Got tickets in the end via my son in Portsmouth. I hate this day every year, must knock years off my life

Edited by argentia
didnt finish!

I have never felt more glad of my preference for a coach ticket as I was this morning. Was trying for other people and I got the holding page every now and then, but mostly I got whitescreen. It really would have sucked if this morning had been my only hope! 

Long time browsing this forum but first time actually posting! 

I went to Glastonbury for the first time last year and despite the traffic chaos and the elements I had what was up there as the best five days I've experienced. I couldn't possibly have contemplated not going again so when my group and I battled with the F5 button for 47 minutes this morning I was fearing the worst. But I am absolutely over the moon that I finally got through and got 6 tickets! 

So see you all in the fields next June Efesters!!  

25 minutes ago, argentia said:

THE HOST HACK

Tried to do this and when I went to save it said I couldn't. Not sure what I was doing wrong. I am the administrator so am confused. Any pointers from those that know a bit about computing? Got tickets in the end via my son in Portsmouth. I hate this day every year, must knock years off my life

Yep - even as local Admin you are not allowed to overwrite the sensitive hosts file due to UAC and the specific ACL's placed on that file. The easier way around it is to replace the "glastonbury.seetickets.com" component of the URL with the IP Address. Alternatively, if you really want to modify the host file, open it, save it somewhere else like the desktop and copy the file into the folder to overwrite the exising file wbich will prompt for Admin authorisatio  but will allow you to overwrite without having to fiddle with the ACL's of the existing file.

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Yep - even as local Admin you are not allowed to overwrite the sensitive hosts file due to UAC and the specific ACL's placed on that file. The easier way around it is to replace the "glastonbury.seetickets.com" component of the URL with the IP Address. Alternatively, if you really want to modify the host file, open it, save it somewhere else like the desktop and copy the file into the folder to overwrite the exising file wbich will prompt for Admin authorisatio  but will allow you to overwrite without having to fiddle with the ACL's of the existing file.

I right-clicked Notepad and chose 'Run as Administrator' then opened the Hosts file and was able to save it. Huge thanks to the person who posted the IP. 

Managed to get tickets via a friend this year. First time i've never even seen a booking page, the friend who got mine got through 3 times, and in previous years that is what has happened to me. Almost certain once you've got in once you're more likely to get in again. 

Hopefully all those that missed out this morning get lucky in the resale, if my shift pattern is kind and the resale falls on a rest day for me I will gladly try for people!

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

I'm still in denial that I didn't get tickets :(

I got tickets in the resale for the 2015 festival after missing out in the main sale for the first time ever.

Don't give up hope, and my advice would be take a coach ticket first if you can just to be on the safe side...(which is what we did)

Edited by gooner1990

13 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I got tickets in the resale for the 2015 festival after missing out in the main sale for the first time ever.

Don't give up hope, and my advice would be take a coach ticket first if you can just to be on the safe side...(which is what we did)

Was wondering this. Think you can still have multiple registrations. Do people register twice, use one reg to get coach ticket and then use a second reg in the main sale and cancel coach tickets if successful? You'd lose money, but assume it would be worth it for some people, if a little unethical. 

Edited by Levitz

My other half somehow got in at 09:01 however it took three attempts at putting in card details in for it to actually go through - that was a tense 15 mins. The rest of us (5 others) got no where near and I personally never get anywhere on any of the years. If it wasn't for my Mrs i'd never go to Glastonbury haha - Knew she was a keeper ;)

4 minutes ago, Levitz said:

Was wondering this. Think you can still have multiple registrations. Do people register twice, use one reg to get coach ticket and then use a second reg in the main sale and cancel coach tickets if successful? You'd lose money, but assume it would be worth it for some people, if a little unethical. 

No more unethical than buying a coach ticket from bath when you live in Scotland because they were all you can get, hey a ticket is a ticket but makes a mockery of the green credentials of the coach tickets.

51 minutes ago, Levitz said:

We were thinking of doing that this year. We got our coach tickets but we got them from a decent location and decided that actually it's greener, we wouldn't have to think about driving there /back, we'd lose £30 for the sake of a few extra hours at the festival... And the stress of general admission ticket sales is something we'd happily do without. I'm happy with our decision altho concerned about losing out on a decent pitch. Not the end of the world though! 

4 hours ago, Smeble said:

No more unethical than buying a coach ticket from bath when you live in Scotland because they were all you can get, hey a ticket is a ticket but makes a mockery of the green credentials of the coach tickets.

I meant a bit unethical in potentially buying up multiple tix for yourself. 

6 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I have been the past 3years and have only ever got tickets in the resale so am still hopeful. It's just frustrating as I was so close to getting them but the website kept timing out on the payment page!

20 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Nope....the Host hack directed folks to what I believe is the DR system hosted elsewhere.  It was offline for the Coach sale, and has been offline for the main sale for the last couple of years.

I have no idea why it was left online for this main sale.....

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a DR system?