2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, EighteenSixty7 said:

No I bought today. Searched through mine and my sisters emails and it tallies up with just the lead booker getting an email each festival we've been to :wacko:

Promise you, I was definitely not the lead booker and got my email at 9.46am. Check your booking. You have a booking reference yes?

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Promise you, I was definitely not the lead booker and got my email at 9.46am. Check your booking. You have a booking reference yes?

Yup. Both tickets are down on the booking on See Tickets.

Last year she was down as the lead booker, she got an email and I haven't :lol:

The previous 3 years, I've got emails and she hasn't.

Edited by EighteenSixty7

Absolutely BUZZING. We had two groups of 6, my mate got through for his 6, so they all started trying for us, thought it was dead and buried, tjat horrible panic set in, until my bro called me....I'd given him the details lastnight on the off chance that he could try for me, the swine only went and got them, he's not going himself. And he lives in Switzerland!

Seriously can't wait. Really pleased for those of you who got through. Keep the faith those of you who didn't. Our bigger group in the past have been more successful in resale than anything else.

9 hours ago, tommytas said:

If you know how, host hack

109.231.214.235 glastonbury.seetickets.com

and then go to http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017-deposits/worthy-farm/1100000/

good luck

Big thanks to you. I am not going to the festival (my wife is due a week before) but I thought I would come here and see if anyone had an IP address so I could help my friends. My friends love me today..

Edited by jimbo85

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Anyone still to get the confirmation emails ? i purchased for others and they havent recieved worst of all i didnt get screenshot of confirmation screen , rookie error !! money is pending I think !!

I'm sure I've seen someone this evening mention not yet receiving.

3 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Luck, some more luck and another smidgeon of luck. 

I've finally got around to reading through the various comments and this is certainly how I see it, on the whole. But with some qualifiers. Being organised is a big plus, getting those reg numbers and bank details in double quick must help, given the number of comments every year about getting kicked / timed out of the booking screen (assuming those people were keeping it simple and not doing loads of clever stuff with umpteen tabs and so on, to get themselves kicked out). The only time in the last five years that I have lost the booking screen was when I made a call whilst completing the details, when I realised I could add some others to my booking. I have always double and triple checked the reggies, bank details etc so there is no way that can screw it up for me.

Being possibly controversial, the other aspect that takes the luck away from many are the various hacks and tricks that are found to get in through the back door. I know these are people just using skills and knowledge to gain an advantage and I am not complaining at all, but it is fair to observe that the more people who push into a queue or gate crash through another door, the fewer of those lining up "legitimately" will get in.

I have sat down quietly and refreshed one tab on one browser each year since the last fallow year, at three different locations and on various devices. Four times out of five we have been lucky in October, in 2013 we had to wait until the resale. I was convinced that my luck would run out this year, four of four is as much as anyone deserves but again we prevailed, the booking screen appeared at 9:22 and it was a smooth passage from there.

We got caught in the melee with many others last year and I missed the meet, having met some lovely people there in 2015. I'll be there next June, I shall, I shall !

Edited by muffled oars

2 hours ago, smitchelluk333 said:

On both my work PC and My home laptop/computer I barely even saw the Seetickets site probably in the 1000 times we refreshed we saw the hold page perhaps 5 times.

From my work O2 mobile and my EE mobile (both with Wifi switched off) we had the hold page at every refresh and got the tickets through the O2 phone. It was a similar story for many of my mates. 

It begs the question about how the routing is done, why were my mobile devices many times more successful at connecting to the site.

I had the page refreshing on my mobile and it didn't get any further than the holding page, or a page from the phone saying connection timed out.

I had no luck getting a page until someone posted the magic numbers for the host file, so thank you - a beer is in order for you! I also tried for the coach sale at work, and the internet is pretty ropey in the office, so got no further than the holding page. In fact I was contemplating coming into the office to try and snap some up, when nobody was there. 

I suppose it is a combination of luck and technical "hacks" like that. That's how I have managed to get my tickets. Congratulations to all those that got them, I will no doubt bump into you on the farm and meet - and to those that didn't get any, it's not all over till the fat lady sings...and if she does, have a few years off like I have done and enjoy it from the comfort of your sofa, and may luck be with you on the next sale. ;)

We managed to get all our tickets again this year, 15. After getting 16 last year and 12 the year before. 

I say we, it was really just one guy. He got through 3 times. From an oil rig in the North Sea. Meanwhile the rest of us on dry land never got beyond the holding page. It really is a lottery. 

Is it June 2017 yet?