2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At about what time did the site crash? I had bagged three tickets within 14 minutes I think it was. Find is mad how bad the servers did crash though from what I've heard on here and twitter.

I dont think an easy ticket day would be fun though, the panic and nerves are all part of it

4 hours ago, Mickball said:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/hosts-files-explained/

Basically it allows you to bypass the DNS/Load balancing service that routes you to a server. In this occasion, there seems to have been a server under little to no load that somebody found and kindly shared.

Our software engineer guy got this sorted but then got "please note: international orders must be made using a credit card" every time he clicked the buy tickets-button. What seems to have been the problem here? 

3 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

Our software engineer guy got this sorted but then got "please note: international orders must be made using a credit card" every time he clicked the buy tickets-button. What seems to have been the problem here? 

Are you actually buying tickets from Germany and using a credit card for the transaction? It seems more like an error recognising the type of card you were using rather than anything to do with the server you accessed.

3 minutes ago, oneeye said:

May have been mentioned already but was Neil and Mrs Neil successful?

We were thank you.  A friend got ours, I got theirs, and on it went through our groups like some sort of ticket swingers party. :D

Just now, musky said:

Are you actually buying tickets from Germany and using a credit card for the transaction? It seems more like an error recognising the type of card you were using rather than anything to do with the server you accessed.

yes. tried with two credit cards though - none worked. (not saying that that wasn't it)

Just now, Kizzie said:

We were thank you.  A friend got ours, I got theirs, and on it went through our groups like some sort of ticket swingers party. :D

magic stuff; hope to finally make the weds meet, this year we didn't even get on site until 2230! 

Hit refresh at 9am, got straight in. Banged in all the details for our first group of 6, timed out. Spend the next half an hour doing that dance unsuccessfully. My girlfriend, using the same wifi in my flat got straight through after about 15 mins, no timing out. By 9.30 we and another friend had got 26 tickets between us! Everyone's in, and after two years of working on the Free Press and last year off, I'm champing at the bit to go as a punter again! Congratulations to everyone who got a ticket. Keep the faith those who didn't. There's always a way in :) 

10 minutes ago, Dog Burger said:

Hit refresh at 9am, got straight in. Banged in all the details for our first group of 6, timed out. Spend the next half an hour doing that dance unsuccessfully. My girlfriend, using the same wifi in my flat got straight through after about 15 mins, no timing out. By 9.30 we and another friend had got 26 tickets between us! Everyone's in, and after two years of working on the Free Press and last year off, I'm champing at the bit to go as a punter again! Congratulations to everyone who got a ticket. Keep the faith those who didn't. There's always a way in :) 

Aaww delighted for you! Are you going to be at the efests meet?