2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

First time ever I've not managed to even get on the holding page. Was a nightmare. Thankfully someone else managed to get through for me. Think about 15 of us have tickets in total, 4 to try for in the resale.

Seems a lot of people got stuck on the white screen. Add to that it taking longer to sell out - I'm wondering if that had anything to do with people using the refreshenator app and crashing the server (even if it didn't actually help them get tickets).  

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mikegday said:

Anyone listening to radio 6 as tickets went onsale. Mary Ann Hobbs said something like goood luck to everyone buying a glasto ticket in 1 minute and then put on daft punk. Does she know anything?

We said its a sign while hitting F5

We all decided last night not to bother, after this years mud bath which totally ruined it for us. I will probably miss it if its a dry one, and that's a big IF. Been to far  many wet and muddy ones over the last few years. At least my daughters and there friends managed to get tickets, so we can look forward to 4 days of peace and quiet at home in June next year..  best of luck to the unsuccessful in the re sales

Just now, smudger said:

did this work, or was it going to that server anyway?

It might help but basically the lookup is done by a DNS server you are cutting out a step of the process, I doubt it would make much difference? Still beat of a butterfly's wing causes Donald Trump to fart etc.

Got in when I switched browser to Chrome after half an hour of failure on Firefox then had a "moment" when I submitted my payment and the screen timed out fortunately I was able to back step to the page and do it again. I still have the confirmation page open in the browser as a trophy!

Good luck in the resale for those who crapped out.

It was a lot harder this year. Last year I was getting the holding page on all my devices by about 9:15 and got through to the booking page twice.

This year, got through to the holding page a few times, but then it would crash after a few refreshes. Got through by updating my hosts file.

41 minutes ago, wetwipes said:

No luck.  For me, I kept losing the holding page (and was never sure whether it was refreshing or not).

Early on, rolled over to  http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017-deposits/worthy-farm-pilton-somerset/1100000  but all I saw was a white page with a red-lined box.

Later on, the holding site was rolling over onto glastonburyfestivals.co.uk  WTaF???????

It looks like 2 of our 3 groups got theirs though

My phone did that on Thursday. I just assumed I'd accidentally clicked on the Glastonbury logo which points to the festival site (easily done on a phone). Don't suppose you were using a mouse to refresh and could have clicked the logo?

2 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

It might help but basically the lookup is done by a DNS server you are cutting out a step of the process, I doubt it would make much difference? Still beat of a butterfly's wing causes Donald Trump to fart etc.

Got in when I switched browser to Chrome after half an hour of failure on Firefox then had a "moment" when I submitted my payment and the screen timed out fortunately I was able to back step to the page and do it again. I still have the confirmation page open in the browser as a trophy!

Good luck in the resale for those who crapped out.

Likewise, when is it safe to close the booking successful page!!!

Just now, Northtim said:

Likewise, when is it safe to close the booking successful page!!!

You can close it any time you like really! Make a note of the order reference (I've emailed it to my brother) or you can wait for the email confirmation which usually a few hours later.

2 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

For future reference what is a Host Hack? Had that info from here this morning but didn't know what to do with it??

Got my tickets Thursday but gonna have to try resale for mates

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/hosts-files-explained/

Basically it allows you to bypass the DNS/Load balancing service that routes you to a server. In this occasion, there seems to have been a server under little to no load that somebody found and kindly shared.

8 minutes ago, smudger said:

did this work, or was it going to that server anyway?

Was 109.231.214.235 the main, or a DR site? I'd be wary of using a DR site because the transactions may not actually be permitted / processed unless it was officially failed over to that, so for those that did use it, check and confirm your email / reg as soon as.

1 minute ago, Mickball said:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/hosts-files-explained/

Basically it allows you to bypass the DNS/Load balancing service that routes you to a server. In this occasion, there seems to have been a server under little to no load that somebody found and kindly shared.

Amazed they still have a system that allows this, but nice one!

Just now, parsonjack said:

Seems so....odd.

Was it DR though, or just another back end server in the main sales cluster? Amazed they still allow direct connections to a server - might just be another public IP on the load balancer, or another load balancer altogether...?

15 minutes ago, mikegday said:

Anyone listening to radio 6 as tickets went onsale. Mary Ann Hobbs said something like goood luck to everyone buying a glastonbury ticket in 1 minute and then put on daft punk. Does she know anything?

I was too busy wiping my eyes after she played 'Do You Realize'. 

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Was 109.231.214.235 the main, or a DR site? I'd be wary of using a DR site because the transactions may not actually be permitted / processed unless it was officially failed over to that, so for those that did use it, check and confirm your email / reg as soon as.

I've already received a confirmation email, also seetickets have a check here

https://www.seetickets.com/customerservice?aff=efestivals

3 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Have received my confirmation email, so all looking good. :)