2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

it has just been confirmed that last year was my last festival.

GF and her dad don't want to try for resale tickets as there is no guarantee he can use his campervan. I am not too keen in trying to get down there on my own and then spend the entire weekend alone so looks like thats it for me.

Thanks guys for the last few years, shame I never got to meet any of you at the efests meet.

I'm going with a couple, so come a long and buddy up with me!

I hope there's lots of successful efestivalers. If you weren't successful remember there's the resale, secret resale and plenty of competitions. As soon as I see the first competition for tickets I'll start a new thread and help as many of you out as possible! xxx

7 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

I wasn't around for the 2004 sale (have heard many stories), but I failed after 5 hours of F5 in 2011. It's so much better that it sells out quicker now, and I say that as someone who missed out completely last year.

This was nothing like 2004 and it hasnt been any year since. 16 hours to get 5 tickets

Missed out last year but managed to get 20 tickets for me and my group by getting on 4 times this year. Could have got a further 6 too but that group had already managed to get their's just as I clicked to confirm after entering registrations.

Really don't know how I had the lucky touch this year as two other people in my house on the same connection didn't get a sniff! 

Anyway, I'm very popular right now! 

9 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

there wasn't loads of people using the Refreshinator app last year hammering the siute thousands of times a second though.

Yes, not even getting a holding page with multiple browsers or ips on repeated attempts, certainly seemed like something wasn't coping well.

I only had any joy down to @tommytas hosts entry

YEEAAAHHH - going for number 17 in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't get a sniff of any ticket page at all on 3 different browsers - Firefox, Chrome, Explorer - but a techno savy member of one of our three groups saw the e-fest Host Hack reference, got it to work for his group, and then a 2nd time for mine. But ran out of time to get through for the 3rd group.

And, Mrs Airwaves finally coming for the first time - just retired from teaching so never been able to come before.

I presume that See Tickets will almost certainly 'fix' the Host Hack back-door route before the April Resale?

7 minutes ago, GoonerRob said:

Surely the server guys have fucked up the load balancer again?

Only way the IP hack should be able to work.

Nope....the Host hack directed folks to what I believe is the DR system hosted elsewhere.  It was offline for the Coach sale, and has been offline for the main sale for the last couple of years.

I have no idea why it was left online for this main sale.....