2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

4 minutes ago, deschwah said:

this

they can sell it out in 5 minutes if they wanted to

this was approching 2004 levels

I wasn't around for the 2004 sale (have heard many stories), but I failed after 5 hours of F5 in 2011. It's so much better that it sells out quicker now, and I say that as someone who missed out completely last year.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

there wasn't loads of people using the Refreshinator app last year hammering the siute thousands of times a second though.

Bingo.

That app completely fucked it. See need to release a proper statement and take action to make sure this doesn't happen again come April. My PC managed to get the holding page a handful of times in one hour. 

I can't believe it we managed to get tickets 2 out of 2 years . This time had pc and phone on pc kept on getting white screen phone nothing. Son had laptop on nothing but holding screen . One of my daughters had her I pad and mobile . Got through on her phone after 25 mins but had horrible moment when payment screen dissappeared. Fantastic delighted for all who got through gutted for those who didn't good luck with resale if you go for it.  

my personal thoughts this year is that refreshinator killed it for everyone. Never not seen at least a holding page before so I assume there must have been an issue with traffic on the website - ie several thousand c**ts using refreshinator.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

how did this work then? absolutely shite with computers and didn't wanna waste time finding out, but seems it worked for a few people

So, a bit of sleuthing - the ip address is one that is used by seetickets for other events (kew gardens, came up in a search).  So by changing to a different "physical" server, but maintaining the hostname (glastonbury.seetickets.com), you could conceivably be on a less well-used server on see's estate with connections to the actual glastonbury application.

Maybe.

anotheronelol.jpg7

5 on the spin :D

My dad of all people got through :lol: and then I took over the typing/c+p'ing duties. Got booted out/blank screen on every page from there on in but thankfully going back and re-submitting worked. 40 minutes of having kittens.

Good luck to all those trying in the resale, I didn't get them this time last year and was down in the dumps. Resale worked a treat though!

Edited by EighteenSixty7

2 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

before I retreat into a vengeful state of self loathing and hatred does anyone know if Neil/efests got one?

I always feel a lot better if I know Neil has been covered even if I myself am fucked.

hi mungo, yes I'm sorted this year via a mate who had good success today. I only saw blank pages myself.

Sorry you were unlucky, and that you've decided not to go. :(

Just now, mungo57 said:

my personal thoughts this year is that refreshinator killed it for everyone. Never not seen at least a holding page before so I assume there must have been an issue with traffic on the website - ie several thousand c**ts using refreshinator.

I hope everyone using the app had their IP address blocked. 

One device, one browser. It worked for me twice before until this year.

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Nah, that was all day, trust me...

night..

but point taken maybe 2005

dick vernon told me they are oversubscribed 4-5 times availability so they have to throttle back to make it look like we have a chance.. keep the interest up and all that

No luck.  For me, I kept losing the holding page (and was never sure whether it was refreshing or not).

Early on, rolled over to  http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2017-deposits/worthy-farm-pilton-somerset/1100000  but all I saw was a white page with a red-lined box.

Later on, the holding site was rolling over onto glastonburyfestivals.co.uk  WTaF???????

It looks like 2 of our 3 groups got theirs though

1 minute ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Been every year since 07 but nowhere near this year.

Whats that link that tells you about secret resales? how hard is it to get tickets in the main resale. I'm hoping the casual Glastonbury goer if they didn't get tickets now decide to do something else or is that wishful thinking.

i'm guessing a lot of people drop off, but it certainly doesn't make it any easier. i got one in the resale for 2013 but have been lucky to have not had to do it again since, until now. shitting it. the thought of not going next year brings a literal tear to my eye

8 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

I owe you a beer! Didn't get a sniff on any laptop (on 2 different connections), but 4G worked and this saved me about 10 minutes!

We only got through on phones connected to 4G too. Glad I found it tbh, was so much easier trying to type with the shakes. Congrats on getting through.

As everyone has said ^ I feel for anyone who was unsuccessful today, but it's not the end of the road!

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

how did this work then? absolutely shite with computers and didn't wanna waste time finding out, but seems it worked for a few people

You add that line to your hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc on windows) so that glastonbury.seetickets.com takes you straight to the booking page (I presume).

5 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

it has just been confirmed that last year was my last festival.

GF and her dad don't want to try for resale tickets as there is no guarantee he can use his campervan. I am not too keen in trying to get down there on my own and then spend the entire weekend alone so looks like thats it for me.

Thanks guys for the last few years, shame I never got to meet any of you at the efests meet.

that's sad dude.  commiserations to you.

Got through on my laptop. Just then the mouse pad stopped working. Great timing. Tabbed through and entered all details. There's a box at bottom of payment page you have to tick. It would only tab past it. Was raging. Then got through on girlfriends old crappy laptop twice only for it to crash both times. Saw it had sold out and was completely gutted. Then a mate rang saying he'd got the 5 I needed. He's not even going himself. Legend. Heart attack just about stopped. Off to shop now for some spicy rum as a thank you. He's earned it. What a stressful morning. Thankfully got there in the end.