• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre- ticket day nerves checklist:

1) turn on all devices and update any Windows/Virus/ scanning etc

2) Set all browers with Glastonbury Seetickets as home page

3) Double check and copy all 6 Reg/Postcodes/ Card details/ to notepad

4) Charge all devices

5) buy extra data for iphone in case not enough left ( my data package updates on tues and is low!)

Check all above about 10 times!

Dreamt about failing to get tickets two or three times last night. One of them involved taking my laptop on a picnic with Sheldon from The Big Band Theory, and he was no use at all, despite his supposed technical prowess.

Then a top secret military aircraft crash landed in the middle of Manchester.

And I've already got tickets!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

18 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

personally I don't think broadband speed has much to do with it but just tested my parents (in readiness for tomorrow) and it's 62.77mb.

is that good or not?

That's great for downloading large amounts of data, but the buying pages are very lightweight so your first thought is correct. 

Incidentally that figure isn't a measure of speed of connection, it's a measure of the capacity of the connection. I blame ISPs for muddying the waters with all their talk of 'super fast broadband' for the confusion!

I read yesterday that tickets are held if you get as far as getting your registration numbers in but you crash out on the credit card page. 

So does this mean if they sell out in 12 mins that they'd actually all gone 2 mins in and the next 10 is completing orders or that at 12 mins if you'd got the credit card page hanging you'd still have up to 10 mins to complete after the first sold out signs? In other words is it worth keep trying to send after the dreaded 'all tickets have now sold out' message?

Has anyone completed after the sold out message?

10 minutes ago, musky said:

That's great for downloading large amounts of data, but the buying pages are very lightweight so your first thought is correct. 

Incidentally that figure isn't a measure of speed of connection, it's a measure of the capacity of the connection. I blame ISPs for muddying the waters with all their talk of 'super fast broadband' for the confusion!

To be fair, bandwidth and latency are equally valid measures of 'speed'.

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

You're not alone.....painting a ceiling and stopping every 10 mins to check the forum.....never sure if I like this feeling or not.....

Not sure if I like it either, feelings of excitement mixed with dread, wishing it was over now. 
Charm x

3 minutes ago, smudger said:

I read yesterday that tickets are held if you get as far as getting your registration numbers in but you crash out on the credit card page. 

So does this mean if they sell out in 12 mins that they'd actually all gone 2 mins in and the next 10 is completing orders or that at 12 mins if you'd got the credit card page hanging you'd still have up to 10 mins to complete after the first sold out signs? In other words is it worth keep trying to send after the dreaded 'all tickets have now sold out' message?

That's not quite right. You don't get tickets reserved at all, what you get is 12 minutes on the booking page before getting thrown back into the queue. If the tickets sell out whilst you're entering your details then you don't get any tickets.

That's different to other sales, where the tickets will 'sell out', only for availability to reappear shortly , and then sell out again a few minutes later.

So, the moral of the story is, get all your details ready to enter as soon as possible.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

To be fair, bandwidth and latency are equally valid measures of 'speed'.

Sure, but they measure different things. 

Quite honestly neither will make a difference tomorrow (within reason). It's not those who arrive at the website first who'll win out, but those that arrive at a specific time - when a slot is open. Slow can win the race by dint of arriving at the right time. :)

13 minutes ago, musky said:

Sure, but they measure different things. 

Quite honestly neither will make a difference tomorrow (within reason). It's not those who arrive at the website first who'll win out, but those that arrive at a specific time - when a slot is open. Slow can win the race by dint of arriving at the right time. :)

Absolutely. Both are so fast for most connections as to be virtually irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, carrie2 said:

Just downloaded the Google chrome auto refresh extension, is this what they're saying may invalidate your purchase?

Also, really fearing I'll forget to turn it off once the registration page has loaded and I start hastily inputting my details. Nervous wreck

I think the invalidating purchase thing was aimed more at the app refreshinator, although that is pretty much the same thing as an auto refresh extension.

The main thing to be careful of is that most of the auto refresh thingys work by checking for a new word or the lack of a word from the previous page, there are reports from the coach sale that refreshinator didn't work because it wouldn't recognise words that were on the page, so the words could have in fact been a picture, if that is the case any auto refresh thingys may have trouble.

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I think the invalidating purchase thing was aimed more at the app refreshinator, although that is pretty much the same thing as an auto refresh extension.

The main thing to be careful of is that most of the auto refresh thingys work by checking for a new word or the lack of a word from the previous page, there are reports from the coach sale that refreshinator didn't work because it wouldn't recognise words that were on the page, so the words could have in fact been a picture, if that is the case any auto refresh thingys may have trouble.

Ohh, so they're supposed to stop auto refreshing when something changes on the page? I was under the impression I would have to manually stop it when I noticed the page changed! 

1 minute ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

If, like me, you're not sure about this stuff - and it sure sounds like you're not, use your finger. It's more reliable, just as quick and you can't blame anything else if you fail. 

Yes this may be my best option but my anticipated hangover combined with an unsuccessful attempt on thursday has got me panicked and looking into every potential approach

1 hour ago, smudger said:

I completed for Tommywillo on Thursday after the Wednesday coaches had sold out. I saw it had sold out and carried on entering details and payment. To say I was surprised and overjoyed at the booking complete page is an understatement!! 

11 minutes ago, carrie2 said:

Ohh, so they're supposed to stop auto refreshing when something changes on the page? I was under the impression I would have to manually stop it when I noticed the page changed! 

I looked at various refresh apps a few years ago, and most will keep refreshing if left to run. A couple would alert you if the page changed but it wasn't clear if the page kept refreshing. In the event I didn't use any of them. 

2 hours ago, JoeyT said:

personally I don't think broadband speed has much to do with it but just tested my parents (in readiness for tomorrow) and it's 62.77mb.

is that good or not?

I just checked mine also but don't know why as I have no idea about computers or technology! I can confirm my ping is 25 and download of 89 so that sounds good to me. I appreciate that everyone with technical knowledge says it doesn't matter but it helps to keep me feeling positive about my chances:D