2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

Have many of you managed to get them on your 4g phone . Last year was in work got them on my pc . This year will be at home using unreliable home pc with back up from son on laptop daughter on tablet and my phone as well. I'm just wondering as managed to get kraftwerk tickets on phone last week after a nightmare on pc 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, somecoolusername said:

From London? Might see you on the coach! Not entirely happy with the time - I've never gone as late as 2pm - but the o2 is practically on my doorstep and it is still a Wednesday departure. Overall I'm happy. Was just madly clicking for any coach with available seats. Had no idea what time I'd booked until I got the confirmation. Pretty amazed I got the right city tbh 

Yeah, I knew my time and was very hesitant over choosing it, but if I declined the tickets and not got through on Sunday I would have felt awful. Was entering my card details very slowly hoping it would sell out!

I've never arrived this late ever and the past few times I've been there for gates opening so it will be an experience. Just hoping the coach is quicker than what Zoo Music Girl said or we could be getting there at almost 9pm! Still, better late than never.

See you on the coach, coach buddy.

I'm so stressed out about Sunday already. Every year I hate this week (unless I get a ticket).

To potentially make matters worse I'll be off to the festival site after ticket sales have finished where I'll have to see Michael Eavis giving out medals in the festival run.

I'll either be full of joy (having hopefully got a ticket) and shake his hand or just want to lock myself away!

5 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Have many of you managed to get them on your 4g phone . Last year was in work got them on my pc . This year will be at home using unreliable home pc with back up from son on laptop daughter on tablet and my phone as well. I'm just wondering as managed to get kraftwerk tickets on phone last week after a nightmare on pc 

First time I've ever got tickets yesterday and got them through a 4g connection in the Mrs' phone

I'm so worried, what makes it worse is I have no plans this weekend so it's all I will be able to think about.

I have 4 laptops and a 4g mobile (might tether it to one of the laptops). We are going for 5 tickets and will have roughly 20 devices trying between us. Goes without saying if i manage to get through I'll be offering help on here (that's if the forums work).

This time in 48 hours I will be diahorreaing myself...

4 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Got them on 3G as I forgot about 4G/have it turned off/don't have it/I don't actually know why. My phone was working a hell of a lot better than my laptops going through wifi. One of them didn't even get the holding page and I gave up on it after 7 minutes.

Just woken up after drowning my sorrows last night - although I was at a gig so it wasn't all bad. 

One group out of 4 got tickets from us. I managed to get through, put in our groups registration details went to select coach times from London but it kept saying 'please select the same number of coach tickets as registrations' when I tried to proceed. There were 5 registrations and my only options were 0 or 5 on the coach drop downs. It was infuriating. 

Definitely think keeping it simple is the way to go.  One laptop and one tab with phone refreshing in the background seems to work for me better than multiple tabs and devices

Always gone solo so think that helps as once I'm on the booking page details are added and done much quicker. Must be so stressful cutting and pasting loads of reg numbers and post codes in then missing out as you have timed out! 

Edited by phil the shrew

12 minutes ago, Untz said:

Yeah, I knew my time and was very hesitant over choosing it, but if I declined the tickets and not got through on Sunday I would have felt awful. Was entering my card details very slowly hoping it would sell out!

I've never arrived this late ever and the past few times I've been there for gates opening so it will be an experience. Just hoping the coach is quicker than what Zoo Music Girl said or we could be getting there at almost 9pm! Still, better late than never.

See you on the coach, coach buddy.

FWIW Untz I think you did the right thing. Imagine waiting until Sunday and being unsuccessful. Fuck that. Hopefully I'm wrong and coaches at that time are quicker but either way it's a few hours of the fest and you'll be there for Wednesday night and Thursday.  We're going! Still not full sunk in despite a celebratory glass of prosecco or two and a watch of the Glastonbury film last night... seems to have knocked the cold  on the head.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

FWIW Untz I think you did the right thing. Imagine waiting until Sunday and being unsuccessful. Fuck that. Hopefully I'm wrong and coaches at that time are quicker but either way it's a few hours of the fest and you'll be there for Wednesday night and Thursday.  We're going! Still not full sunk in despite a celebratory glass of prosecco or two and a watch of the Glastonbury film last night... seems to have knocked the cold  on the head.

You're right and it definitely hasn't sunk in yet for me either. It'll be fine and I think we're going to go for Camplight or similar as having a half decent (for me, read fairly close in) camping spot is my main concern about arriving late.

I think I'm most bothered by not trying on Sunday! Feels weird. I'll probably offer to help people on here, but it's not the same.

And I've still got my bastard cold.

My pc couldn't even load the holding page last night, but my phone on 4G managed to get on and allowed me to refresh it over and over again. I didn't get through mind you, buy I felt a lot closer on my phone than on my pc.

I still don't believe it matters at all. It's all luck. Preparedness and luck. 

11 minutes ago, Untz said:

You're right and it definitely hasn't sunk in yet for me either. It'll be fine and I think we're going to go for Camplight or similar as having a half decent (for me, read fairly close in) camping spot is my main concern about arriving late.

I think I'm most bothered by not trying on Sunday! Feels weird. I'll probably offer to help people on here, but it's not the same.

And I've still got my bastard cold.

My friends did Camp light in 2015 and haven't stopped raving about it so definitely do that it you want to be close in. Personally I'd hate to camp in Pennards so arriving at 2 pm is fine for me. Hope you feel better! 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

My friends did Camp light in 2015 and haven't stopped raving about it so definitely do that it you want to be close in. Personally I'd hate to camp in Pennards so arriving at 2 pm is fine for me. Hope you feel better! 

I had an email from camplight last night that said they are hoping to have 2 sites for next year, this might be better for those who can't face camping in Pennards. 
Charm x 

@Untz arriving in the evening on the Wednesday isn't all bad :) you have you're ticket and if you do book camplight you don't have to worry about setting up camping.

I always camp in Bushy Ground so arriving later is never a problem, in fact, most years I usually arrive around midday because the queues have died down and I can relax about everything. 

Hope your cold clears up soon.

@Zoo Music Girl very pleased that you got tickets sorted this year - hope it's feeling more real today and is starting to sink in :D

I just wanted to say a huge good luck to all the Efestivals folks who are trying for a ticket on Sunday. I managed to get 2 thursday tickets last night, absolutely terrifying but I cried with happiness, after missing out and desperately doing everything I could to get to this years festival it feels beautiful to know I'm going next year and I can't wait to hopefully meet some of you wonderful people there! xxx

1 minute ago, sheffieldlady said:

@Untz arriving in the evening on the Wednesday isn't all bad :) you have you're ticket and if you do book camplight you don't have to worry about setting up camping.

Hope your cold clears up soon.

It's true, but I need something to complain about! It's like Maslow's hierarchy of needs - once you have a ticket, you move on to needing something else. There'll be a point in time where I'm over everything else and my main concern will be not having the ideal festival hat. And then I'll get there and the biggest concern is piss on the toilet seats or a food stall being more than a 2 minute walk away.

I hope people realise that I'm not being ungrateful and am very glad to have a ticket. Sorry for sounding like an arse!

And thanks! Hope Sunday is good to you!

1 minute ago, Untz said:

It's true, but I need something to complain about! It's like Maslow's hierarchy of needs - once you have a ticket, you move on to needing something else. There'll be a point in time where I'm over everything else and my main concern will be not having the ideal festival hat. And then I'll get there and the biggest concern is piss on the toilet seats or a food stall being more than a 2 minute walk away.

I hope people realise that I'm not being ungrateful and am very glad to have a ticket. Sorry for sounding like an arse!

At least you're arriving on the wednesday I got thursday but am incredibly happy that I managed to get that! I'm considering camplight so going to do some research on it! Congrats on the ticket and good luck with finding the ideal festival hat... not an easy task! 

2 minutes ago, Untz said:

This is a perfectly valid concern.  Piss on the toilet seat I can live with; being hungry is something else entirely.

Just now, cb4747 said:

At least you're arriving on the wednesday I got thursday but am incredibly happy that I managed to get that! I'm considering camplight so going to do some research on it! Congrats on the ticket and good luck with finding the ideal festival hat... not an easy task! 

Glad you got a ticket! I remember us saddos sat in the secret resales/competition thread this year and I am very glad to not be doing that again, as fun as it as with the Ron Burgundy photo and everything.

Just now, Untz said:

Glad you got a ticket! I remember us saddos sat in the secret resales/competition thread this year and I am very glad to not be doing that again, as fun as it as with the Ron Burgundy photo and everything.

Yes it was definitely a stressful few weeks earlier in the year but I am absolutely glad we went through it as I've met some incredible people. I've just turned off all my page moniters/alerts for the ticket pages and what a lovely feeling that is. I'm guessing you managed to snag a ticket?