2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

I'd just like to echo the sentiment of others and wish everyone on here good luck for tonight and Sunday. It's obviously biased and probably a hate crime but  I really hope everyone on these boards is successful (including friends and family), who cares about anyone else.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

Just make sure cache is checked when you clear history 

Cool thanks

Just now, RossTC said:

What are people referring to as a white screen?

For me, I mean a screen that isn't even the holding page. It often says something like "failed to load" or something but is predominantly white and tends to freeze up when you try to refresh, as if it's not actually doing anything. I tend to find that if I get white-screened, i.e. unable to even get the holding page, then I generally don't get through. 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cool thanks

For me, I mean a screen that isn't even the holding page. It often says something like "failed to load" or something but is predominantly white and tends to freeze up when you try to refresh, as if it's not actually doing anything. I tend to find that if I get white-screened, i.e. unable to even get the holding page, then I generally don't get through. 

It's sort of like being behind a barrier that's not even in the main scrum for sales and trying to get over that to even get into the scrum. 

1 minute ago, James96 said:

I'm sure you'd be fine, just clear your cache like 15 mins before the sale if you're still worried about it.

It was a different computer - actually my boyfriend's dads - so I would have felt weird fucking about with his settings. I won't clear the cache on this one as I've already put my regs into that other link! But I make no assumptions until today and Sunday are over. Last year was the worst ever for me.

2 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

I'd probably end up with this rather than a white screen.. 

2659789ac3682fbd76cca192b4af8b4a.jpg

Did not need to see that today!!

Good luck to everyone going for it tonight. It'll be 4am here so sadly I can't help, but I'll be eagerly logging in first thing in the morning.

Oh, I got this confirmation from the GF office yesterday:

The type of card you need to use is determined by the registration of the lead booker (the first registration you enter on the booking site). Therefore if the first person is registered in the UK you need to use a UK registered card, if the first person in overseas you need to use an internationally registered credit card.

Somebody was asking about the issue of cards earlier on. Hopefully that clarifies it.

23 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Is there a proven best internet browser for ticket day? I have chrome...

I use 3 or 4 different ones in case of any incompatibilities with how they render the page, but that's more out of fear than any real expectation of problems (the booking page isn't complicated so it's not likely to have any issues).

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Just bought something online and impressed myself with how I knew my 16 digit card number by heart and how quickly I could enter it without even looking.

It's a good sign.

I used to be able to do this but I got caught up in some data protection breach or something a few weeks ago so have a new card now :( Thank goodness for copy and paste or I know full well I'd put the old number in by accident.