2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Just a quick question!

I'm going for the Sunday sale, but helping someone out tonight for the coach sale (and I dont want to mess up either!! eeeeekk!!)

Do you need the name on the card? Or just the number, sec code and expirey?

Thanks loves x

For big, fast sales See have previously done an "express" version where you only need card number and security code.

Should be the same tonight and Sunday.

1 hour ago, brain yolk! said:

How long does everyone give before they refresh the holding page? 1 second? 0.5 seconds? 

I'm going mental.

This is the crux of it. I press F5 the moment I see that the page is still the page loading is the holding page, but give myself enough time not to habitually press F5 again if it's not. It required a good deal of concentration, because I'll refresh as often as possible, at least every second if the page loads fast enough.

good luck to all fellow efesters in the sale tonight.

I won't be joining you as my lot refuse to even entertain the coach and we are all in for Sunday but my thoughts are with you all!

Please at least TRY not to break the internet for the rest of us schmucks ahead of Sunday :P

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

This is the crux of it. I press F5 the moment I see that the page is still the page loading is the holding page, but give myself enough time not to habitually press F5 again if it's not. It required a good deal of concentration, because I'll refresh as often as possible, at least every second if the page loads fast enough.

Same as.

You have to be really careful and concentrate though as Kali says. I for one would probably start crying if I refreshed the booking page in error!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I think Scruff and Beerqueen are right, but I'm not 100% confident.  Website says:

"UK buyers may use either a UK registered debit card or UK registered credit card. International buyers must use a credit card (with a non-UK billing address)."

Now I'd assume from this that it's do with where the buyer submitting the transaction is located rather than the registration / ticket address; what do you guys think?  Would hate for you to get through and fall at the last hurdle!

Anyone able to confirm one way or the other.

I've got a group of 6 trying tonight - all the money has been transferred to one persons debit card and we're trying with that. All UK registrations, but 1 of us is in South Africa atm (they'll be back in about a month).

If that person is the one to get through to the booking page, is there going to be any problems with them using a UK debit card? Should I tell them not to try and to leave it to the rest of us?

Wishing success to everyone trying later on.

Happy National Poetry Day......

"It's almost time for F5 buying

I am stressed and I'm not trying

Sending your way lots of luck

'Ere we go again........aaaah f#*k"

I'll be thinking of you all later, our group will endure Sunday stresses instead.

If any regular posters need help, I am available should anyone be in need.

1 minute ago, moheetoes said:

Wishing success to everyone trying later on.

Happy National Poetry Day......

"It's almost time for F5 buying

I am stressed and I'm not trying

Sending your way lots of luck

'Ere we go again........aaaah f#*k"

I'll be thinking of you all later, our group will endure Sunday stresses instead.

If any regular posters need help, I am available should anyone be in need.

That's made me smile that little poem :D X

1 hour ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah, my very limited understanding of this is basically if you get white-screened early on, you're likely to stay that way. I'm not sure why though. 

Good luck for tonight everyone, I'll be trying for sure on the Sunday but it'll be interesting to see how quickly they get snapped up today.

Does anyone know if the above post is true, if you get white-screened should you clean browser history and re-start the browser?

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Good luck for tonight everyone, I'll be trying for sure on the Sunday but it'll be interesting to see how quickly they get snapped up today.

Does anyone know if the above post is true, if you get white-screened should you clean browser history and re-start the browser?

If I'd got white screened early on, I'd clear my browser cache personally.

46 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It makes you feel like your heart and stomach have just fallen into your perineum I can tell you! 

Absolutely horrible it was. And at 5 to 9 as well!

My heart is bleeding mate. Must have been FUBAR. I'd have cried.