2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

I'll just hold that in until 09:26 - that way I can hang myself from the shower curtain rail same time if I end up despairing :P

THAT WAS A JOKE

Obviously a joke.  You can't really trust a bathroom curtain rail with the weight of a fully grown man.

4 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I will be trying on my phone as well this year, but i dont think i have ever bought tickets on a phone (let alone tickets that require additional numbers and postcodes) - are there any preparation tips for getting through on a phone? Do people copy and paste from somewhere? It all seems a bit fiddly to me currently.

Not sure if all phones do this and I've only just noticed, but when you select a word and copy it, mine saves to a clipboard,  but rather generally it doesn't just save the most recent word, but actually several, so when I hold my finger down as well as the paste option I also have a 'clipboard' option which gives you access to the past few words or things you copied- so hopefully I will have all registered numbers and my card number on the clipboard,  ready to be pasted into the boxes

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Hold until 9.26?? Oh no!

My morning plan goes similar to yours, but with about 3X more fags and about 4 nervous poos!!! :P

I would have 3x more fags before but I can't smoke in my flat so I will have to go outside or sit in the bay window and risk dropping my computer out of it :P

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Obviously a joke.  You can't really trust a bathroom curtain rail with the weight of a fully grown man.

lol :P I just wanted to make it clear in case I offended everyone!

I am also rather large and that shower curtain rail is basically fucked anyway so definitely not a good idea.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

09.26 - Victory fag.

09:26 - if rejoicing victory fag if despairing 30 despair fags

I can't think about my Sunday plan until tomorrow is out of the way... but basically stay at work until 6pm (my finish time is 5:30) and hope and pray that every other fucker clears off by then. In previous years there's been loads still hanging around...

I'll have Chrome as my main screen and maybe IE as an alternative. Refreshing one tab. Efests open in another. And my phone on auto refresh. 

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

not sure I can drag all this kit to bathroom and survive electrocution :)

IMG_0879.JPG

Clearly you don't want it enough! :lol:

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

I bet Davros would just sit in front of the Pyramid all day.

The massive bastard.

I now have a wonderful mental image of a contingent of daleks trying to navigate their way around a muddy Glastonbury :)

Davros would definitely be that shitty mate who refuses to move regardless of what's going on and waits until someone else is going for food or beer and asks them to pick one up for him while they're there.   Massive bastard.

Good nights sleep the night before, no doubt up way too early which will just give me time to get more nervous/pumped. Whatsapp chat before hand I'm sure.

2x Laptops on Wifi - multiple browsers on each

Phone and iPad on 4G

Text shortcuts set up

Whatsapp and notepad open in the corner of laptop screen. 

Coffee

F5 finger at the ready.

Also realised last night that I've made no plans for the rest of Sunday. I will need to occupy my brain either way. 

I will be devastated if we fail. :(

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

I now have a wonderful mental image of a contingent of daleks trying to navigate their way around a muddy Glastonbury :)

Davros would definitely be that shitty mate who refuses to move regardless of what's going on and waits until someone else is going for food or beer and asks them to pick one up for him while they're there.   Massive bastard.

The daleks would use their plugers to form a chain as they pushed through the crowd.

Davros would definitely have a load of blankets laid out and order the daleks to exterminate anyone who came within five feet of them.

Bastards.

I just remembered that last time (2015 sale) I had just got a new debit card and when I got through I put in my old details without thinking cos I was so nervous and shaking. I got an error but was able to go back and change it successfully. I felt so lucky after coming back from near disaster!

Thankfully not in that situation this time and my mac has my card details stored. 

Edited by DropBeat

1 minute ago, guitarbhoy1888 said:

trying for the first time this year and have a question. 

how likely is getting these first time and being off for quarter past 9? 

also, in the flipside, what time do people give up and accept defeat ?

Just as likely to get through in the first minute as you are the last.

And you give up when Emily tweets it is over.

1 minute ago, guitarbhoy1888 said:

No way of telling, you've just got to commit and keep going.

I only accept defeat when Emily tweets it's over. NEVER GIVE UP before that.

5 minutes ago, guitarbhoy1888 said:

Usually it's all over by about 9:30 these days isn't it? Maybe 10 at the very latest. Coach sale is usually well done by 6:30.

37 minutes ago, FestiZebra said:

Can anyone recommend a text shortcut app for mac?

I've not found a decent shortcut extension myself. However if you go the the registration page link on page 40 of this thread and enter all your details, hit enter and your browser should remember those by default. If it doesn't, go into your browser's preferences and look for a setting that will say something like 'remember forms'.