2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

My GF and I tackle T-day together. We print out all the details (reg numbers, postcodes and debit card details) in large type on a piece of A4, then if when one of us gets the form up the other one reads off the info to be typed in.

This has worked pretty well for us the last few years.

Edited by Cheesey

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, jamesrfisher said:

No, this is what the link says

Don't forget that you will need the registration numbers and postcodes of all of the people you wish to book tickets for.

GLASTONBURY 2017 TICKET & COACH TRAVEL - DEPOSITS
Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset
Thursday 22nd June 2017 - Various Departures

GLASTONBURY 2017 COACH TRAVEL ONLY
Worthy Farm, Pilton, Somerset
Thursday, 22 Jun 2017
at 12:00 AM

So it does :)

Not sure why they would sell coach travel only before the main ticket sale (I only say before because no other options showing at the moment). Might be something they advertise after the tickets have been sold

Edited by Smash1984

41 minutes ago, donkeykong said:

Sorry, I wasn't very clear - I meant left alone to refresh with the timer, ie I only f5 on one of them... 

If you've got tabs open and you get lucky and one of them hits the site, in my experience all the other tabs land on it immediately after.

2 minutes ago, Badlands said:

If you've got tabs open and you get lucky and one of them hits the site, in my experience all the other tabs land on it immediately after.

Now I did read somewhere that having multiple tabs open doesn't actually improve chances, and that you should stick to one tab per browser.

Anyone know if I'm talking out of my butthole there, or is that genuine?

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Now I did read somewhere that having multiple tabs open doesn't actually improve chances, and that you should stick to one tab per browser.

Yes i believe that to be the case also, however i'm also no expert!

36 minutes ago, Quark said:

I also believe this to be the case. I'm sure i've read that somewhere on here. I'm definitely not techy enough to know if it's right or not though.

Feeling a bit glum and not confident this year RE: T-Day. 

Just had confirmation from our group that I'm the only one available on T-Day to try for tickets. 

Pressure. Always me, too. All the fucking organisation and responsibility. And unaffordable finance. Ugh. FFS.  

20 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Just had confirmation from our group that I'm the only one available on T-Day to try for tickets. 

Pressure. Always me, too. All the fucking organisation and responsibility. And unaffordable finance. Ugh. FFS.  

I absolutely understand this. I had a few years where i seemed to be spresponsible for everyone and everything. Tickets, passing on reference numbers, travel plans, lugging every c**ts tent in, sorting out who's where & when. Reached a point in 13 where i just said 'fuck it', binned a fair few of them off, and focused on me and mine. Felt like a selfish twat for at least 20 mins, then it was a proper weight of my mind

you have my sympathies, woffy

Just now, Mardy said:

I absolutely understand this. I had a few years where i seemed to be spresponsible for everyone and everything. Tickets, passing on reference numbers, travel plans, lugging every c**ts tent in, sorting out who's where & when. Reached a point in 13 where i just said 'fuck it', binned a fair few of them off, and focused on me and mine. Felt like a selfish twat for at least 20 mins, then it was a proper weight of my mind

This gives me a bit of hope / perspective, Mardy. Cheers. 

I'm sorely tempted to bung my lot in on the Thursday with the Coach Goers and - if T-Day luck would have it - announce proudly on the Sunday:

"oh...wha...what? Oh, no, I HAVE my ticket already. You want help with yours? Huh. Ok. Card details? Nervous?"

...but I probably fucking won't. 

2 hours ago, Mardy said:

Sounds like the story of my life everything involves organisation work or home or trips is always me .....and no its not my idea of fun 

4 hours ago, Woffy said:

thats not good old son ..its stresfull enough on Tday let alone doing it all yourself ..we will prob start our prep mon/tue and have all people in groups and know exactly how many people will be on line all card details are sorted all £££ sorted and all phone numbers written down .....i think well only have about 35/40 in our lot this year cos of R last year and im hoping that will also be the case all over so its not TOOO bad Tday .

how many do you have to get old son as always ill be up for helping out but i say that every year and never really get the chance only in resale lol but offer is there old son ..

going to the F5 / refresh i refresh as i feel im doing something that way lol but ive only ever gotten through once in all the years ive been lol where as my wife has the magic fingers [ well she does most years ] .....as for the 6 mins thing i think if your through your through and there should be no time limit ..

im getting a little worried about this year tho ..not sure why but i have a bad feeling ....not long now ah

7 hours ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

I normally try and memorise all of my friends' registration details and reel them off by heart. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Would suggest everyone does the same. Everyone.

I could only cope with this on ticket day if their number was 123456789, even then there's a 50/50 chance I'd get it wrong.

53 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It's an age thing I reckon. I used to be the guy who did all that. Not just Glastonbury, but organising big meet ups etc. Can't be arsed anymore. Means I don't see some friends I used to see quite regularly

Fuck 'em. 

Surprisingly the benefits of selfishness can last a damn sight longer than the guilt does. It certainly has its place!

16 hours ago, Mardy said:

This too woffy as well. 

Why feel bad or like a selfish teat?, if people want to go then make an effort to help yourself and others go. People know when the sale date is and if they haven't prepared enough to be free that Sunday morning and miss out then it's their issue! I think now myself that certain people don't try as hard as they know I've always got them and some weren't available last time with a just about plausible reason, although they would have been able to easily get up for it. They did at least agree to just do the plans with sharing that we always do as some of us know a good routine.

I have organized every trip bar one weekend away this year since I was 18 pretty much and am a organized out now. If people just have to say yes/no and hand over money they don't realize how stressful stuff gets.

I'm in a very similar boat and it is very frustrating, the problem is I always really want to go, I really really want to go and I know if I leave it up to the rest of my group it won't happen, or at least my chances wil be drastically reduced, so there is no choice but to be the one who organises everything or more than likely miss out. The strange thing is they all seem like they really want to go too, but when it comes to T day they are hopeless. I get them all drilled, get everyone's details together and despite all that (I mentioned this a few pages back) I get situations like one of them trying to call us at 9am on T day asking what the webpage is. I'd already told them all to have the webpage up ready a good 15-20 minutes early, sent them the link etc, but they can't even manage that. While I was frantaically f5ing I told my wife just to hang up on them and concentrate on her f5ing rather than waste time distracting both of us while we tell them what the bloody URL is. It turns out they just sat there the whole time looking at a blank screen, and on a day to day basis these are not stupid people either. It's massively frustrating but unfortunately there are people on life who will always rely on others to do everything for them and more often than not it works for them.