2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

I'd be surprised if they change what seems to be a proven system for the Glastonbury sale to be honest.  The countdown also seems to differ between acts....Olly Murs gets 15 minutes (not sure what this says about his fans tbh....) and it's almost certainly simply to allow allocated seats to go back in the pot when a buyer wishes to re-select....irrelevant therefore for Glastonbury.

Something to be aware of though...

If they're anything like me, it's hormonal woman in a flap because they have realised they can get standing tickets and can be within cupping distance of the Murs!! 

I got in a good  bit of F5 practice though :) 

As has been said, I think seeing Adele/Coldplay on tv will definitely raise a lot of interest in people going this year. I'm not sure how many people outside Glastonbury regulars will even be aware of the fallow year, let alone the fact that 2018 is going to be one?

I have been surprised by how many people were put off by this years festival. One of my mates has been a few times and said to me yesterday "i'm not going again, that mud was way too much and ruined it for me". I'm still adamant he will change his mind come ticket day but he's telling me that won't be the case.

Leaky bucket syndrome. We'll lose some put off by the weather/traffic/mud this year and gain people who watched it on tv or are aware there isn't one in 2018.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

He's not very supportive of registration reopening after first deposit sale. He mentions it every time registration is brought up on here so I just wondered if you were joking with him.

To be fair I've often thought the same myself. I've always been lucky enough to get my tickets in the first sale so far but I imagine it is majorly frustrating to miss out to someone that wasn't even arsed enough to register in time for the main sale.

Edited by DareToDibble

15 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

To be fair I've often thought the same myself. I've always been lucky enough to get my tickets in the first sale so far but I imagine it is majorly frustrating to miss out to someone that wasn't even arsed enough to register in time for the main sale.

What if they didn't think they would be able to go and then suddenly were able to go after the main sale? 

E.G. - A son was caring for his elderly mother who had a terminal diagnosis and 2 years to live. However in November, after the main sale, his mother - against doctors orders - decided to go shopping by herself but didn't know that the traffic lights at the end of the road were on the blink. As she was halfway across the road, the son, cycling home from work, saw the mother crossing the road but before he could shout for her to stop, she got taken out by a 44 tonne 16 wheeler and had her guts splattered all over her sons face.

Are we to deny him a ticket? Where do we draw the line here?

The people registering after the main sale don't bother me. What makes me homicidal are those that casually get tickets because they're bored on a Sunday morning and in case the line up is good. Or those who say they're probably not going to go, but get tickets anyway.

Just fuck off.

Edited by Untz

5 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Hard to say, but on 3 devices last October I'd confidently claim to have pressed F5 200 to 400 times, got through once, entered all details, then the request seemed stuck in limbo, until the tickets were sold out 5 minutes later.

I don't doubt you, but I think when you have been before and got them you see how much effort it takes. 

Was thinking about this earlier. Managed to get tickets for the last 9 years in a row but probably got them 3 times myself,  two other people got them 3 times each and one person once.  Basically you need to be organised and hopefully have a few groups trying (even if you can rope in mates who are not going to help you out) 

If I had been trying on my own i would have only been lucky 3 times out of 9.

On a separate note I thought of going in the office with an accomplice and switching on about 20 computers to auto refresh while I f5 on a couple of them. Anyone tried this or maybe a bit OTT?:D

5 hours ago, The Nal said:

What if they didn't think they would be able to go and then suddenly were able to go after the main sale? 

E.G. - A son was caring for his elderly mother who had a terminal diagnosis and 2 years to live. However in November, after the main sale, his mother - against doctors orders - decided to go shopping by herself but didn't know that the traffic lights at the end of the road were on the blink. As she was halfway across the road, the son, cycling home from work, saw the mother crossing the road but before he could shout for her to stop, she got taken out by a 44 tonne 16 wheeler and had her guts splattered all over her sons face.

Deny. Should've worn a helmet.

Edited by ___S_o_m_a__

10 hours ago, parsonjack said:

No not at all....just interested what Guypjfreak's comment meant....perhaps I'm missing the point....it's been known.

ok so i know people get hacked off with me yakking on about this BUT this is my bugbear and this is why .

YOU and others old son have taken the time to take a photo and get yourself all reged up ready for Tday on the 6th or 9th oct yea ..thats great

Tday comes and your up bright and early tapping away on F5 and you dont get a tix ....YOU are gutted as would i be ..

a few weeks go past and a few bands let it out that they will be at glasto next year THEN the rumors start about headliners jesus fucking shit c..t  its only your fav band in the fucking world [ pearl jam obeiously lol ] and YOU parsonjack have no ticket BUT wait there is still the resale to come ..

BBBUUTT in the mean time theres 2765399075365433121100 people that have seen this amazing news and the great line up thats going to be glastonbury 2017 but THOSE bastards didnt reg up so they do so now BECAUSE THEY CAN and now YOU parsonjack are up against the 2765399075365433121100 MORE people ON TOP of all the lovely people like yourself who DID reg up to get your tix .

AND because of the 2765399075365433121100  extra people once again you MISS out on that golden ticket so when your down the pub and bob says hey kack old son you not going to glasto this year and you says na bob didnt get a ticket and bob goes christ old son i saw pearl jam were playing so i reged up and got straight through UNLUCKY old son ill phone you when they come on or you could just look for me cos im a c..t and will have a fucking great big flag with the words I COULDNT BE BOTHERED TO REG UP TILL I SAW THE HEADLINERS ...............

AND SIP YOUR HORLOCKS AND THINK WOT A C..T

and thats about it imo if you havent reged up by Tday then unlucky old son

hope this helps clear up my feelings

G

5 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

ok so i know people get hacked off with me yakking on about this BUT this is my bugbear and this is why .

YOU and others old son have taken the time to take a photo and get yourself all reged up ready for Tday on the 6th or 9th oct yea ..thats great

Tday comes and your up bright and early tapping away on F5 and you dont get a tix ....YOU are gutted as would i be ..

a few weeks go past and a few bands let it out that they will be at glasto next year THEN the rumors start about headliners jesus fucking shit c..t  its only your fav band in the fucking world [ pearl jam obeiously lol ] and YOU parsonjack have no ticket BUT wait there is still the resale to come ..

BBBUUTT in the mean time theres 2765399075365433121100 people that have seen this amazing news and the great line up thats going to be glastonbury 2017 but THOSE bastards didnt reg up so they do so now BECAUSE THEY CAN and now YOU parsonjack are up against the 2765399075365433121100 MORE people ON TOP of all the lovely people like yourself who DID reg up to get your tix .

AND because of the 2765399075365433121100  extra people once again you MISS out on that golden ticket so when your down the pub and bob says hey kack old son you not going to glasto this year and you says na bob didnt get a ticket and bob goes christ old son i saw pearl jam were playing so i reged up and got straight through UNLUCKY old son ill phone you when they come on or you could just look for me cos im a c..t and will have a fucking great big flag with the words I COULDNT BE BOTHERED TO REG UP TILL I SAW THE HEADLINERS ...............

AND SIP YOUR HORLOCKS AND THINK WOT A C..T

and thats about it imo if you havent reged up by Tday then unlucky old son

hope this helps clear up my feelings

G

I'm all for everyone having the same opportunities to go, and firmly against any elitism in that respect.  Folks could argue that what you suggest denies the 2765399075365433121100 an opportunity that they're entitled to and that they're the victims of said elitism.  I would argue that if those were the rules then they do ave the same opportunities as anyone else, there is no elitism and they have no argument.

So with you all the way.

#teamguypjfreak

Thinking about this see 6 minute timer thing, although it's not needed for Glastonbury, you do get a lot of unfortunate people who get a booking screen but can't complete it before tickets sell out. They must get tons of complaints from such people, Twitter is definitely awash with them on T day. If the festival in anyway want to respond to this a timer would be the solution. You either get through and get 6 minutes (if you can't complete it in that time then there is something wrong with you) or you just don't get through at all. No hard luck stories. I don't think it will be in place come T day but if it was it wouldn't be a bad thing and it wouldn't significantly extend the sale time because for everyone who let their 6 minutes expire (unlikely) there would be someone waiting to take that slot.

If we fail in October, all my mates are saying they wont bother in the resale. They are going to try somewhere else (probably boomtown) or go on Holiday.

I already have the time booked from work. (We have to book in very early) - no chance of getting boomtown off. I am not sure what I will do if we fail.

We better not fail.

20 hours ago, The Nal said:

Fuck the naysayers. 

This lad and his quick thinking totally gets to go:

"Holy fuck! Mum's worm food posing as dog food! Hmn. I can register for Glastonbury tickets now"

Props. 

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Thinking about this see 6 minute timer thing, although it's not needed for Glastonbury, you do get a lot of unfortunate people who get a booking screen but can't complete it before tickets sell out. They must get tons of complaints from such people, Twitter is definitely awash with them on T day. If the festival in anyway want to respond to this a timer would be the solution. You either get through and get 6 minutes (if you can't complete it in that time then there is something wrong with you) or you just don't get through at all. No hard luck stories. I don't think it will be in place come T day but if it was it wouldn't be a bad thing and it wouldn't significantly extend the sale time because for everyone who let their 6 minutes expire (unlikely) there would be someone waiting to take that slot.

The reason people get through to the booking page but don't get tickets isn't because they can't complete it quick enough but because the tickets are already sold out. There's always a few minutes where the booking page is still available but hitting proceed just brings up the same page with the message 'the tickets you have requested are currently unavailable'. The reason they've managed to get the booking page in the first place is because thousands have already seen the message and stopped trying. :)

People are going to be disappointed no matter what, but those few minutes when people are allowed on to the booking page when no tickets are available can be a kicker. I'm not sure why it happens, but probably something to do with failed transactions.