2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 3 groups to try and buy for... 1 of the groups will be in Machu Picchu on ticket day (planned that extremely badly!) so it's down to me to get them tickets. However they're not in my group of 6 so I don't fancy their chances of me getting through a second time... 

I don't fancy my chances of getting through once to be honest :mellow:

Got through twice last year, got my 6 then messaged all the other people I know who were trying but none of them got back to me in time. Weird to think in a sliding doors sort of way there could've been 6 people who missed out but got tickets and who those 6 may have been. 

In sincerely hope I haven't used all my luck up last year.

1 hour ago, Wellyboot said:

And there's me worrying about 2 groups of 6 ha! You have certainly got yer work cut out!! :o

Sorry I should have pointed out that they too will be trying for tickets so I'm in quite a favourable position to get some for me and the missus!

Considering I got 18 last year hopefully we'll be pretty high up on their lists this time around...

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I also think the rest of my group have started to take it for granted so don't try as hard.

Yep - that's the same with me. I've been the ticket-man since 2008 and I'm sure they think I have a secret way in.

It's just F5 like everyone else.

(Thanks - I've now The Fear)

2 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Yep - that's the same with me. I've been the ticket-man since 2008 and I'm sure they think I have a secret way in.

It's just F5 like everyone else.

(Thanks - I've now The Fear)

Sorry for giving you the fear!

A good example last year was that one of my group called my wife at 9 while I was frantically F5ing to ask what the web address was!

35 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It's been me the last two times, which also makes me worry as my luck will run out at some point.

I also think the rest of my group have started to take it for granted so don't try as hard.

Yup, it's always been me so I don't think some others completely realise how much you have to try and just expect to press f5 about 4 or 5 times and they are in.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Yup, it's always been me so I don't think some others completely realise how much you have to try and just expect to press f5 about 4 or 5 times and they are in.

Hard to say, but on 3 devices last October I'd confidently claim to have pressed F5 200 to 400 times, got through once, entered all details, then the request seemed stuck in limbo, until the tickets were sold out 5 minutes later.

8 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Hard to say, but on 3 devices last October I'd confidently claim to have pressed F5 200 to 400 times, got through once, entered all details, then the request seemed stuck in limbo, until the tickets were sold out 5 minutes later.

That's harsh.  Did you try hitting back and resending the page?

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

That's harsh.  Did you try hitting back and resending the page?

No. Big mistake. I think the reason why I didn't was many years ago something similar happened, I didn't get a confirmation on screen, but an email arrived confirming success. (This so close yet so far failure really made waiting 6 months until resale success a nightmare)

19 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

No. Big mistake. I think the reason why I didn't was many years ago something similar happened, I didn't get a confirmation on screen, but an email arrived confirming success. (This so close yet so far failure really made waiting 6 months until resale success a nightmare)

I had similar in 2011, just a blank screen after entering all the details. Then a confirmation email half hour later. The seetickets system can handle the requests a bit better these days 

17 hours ago, bucko said:

When booking festival tickets on saturday i noticed see tickets have introduced a 6min countdown to complete your purchase.

If they use this on the 9th it could slow the sale time right down.

I'd be surprised if they change what seems to be a proven system for the Glastonbury sale to be honest.  The countdown also seems to differ between acts....Olly Murs gets 15 minutes (not sure what this says about his fans tbh....) and it's almost certainly simply to allow allocated seats to go back in the pot when a buyer wishes to re-select....irrelevant therefore for Glastonbury.

Something to be aware of though...

46 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Hideous turn of events. So annoying when it's technology's fault and not yours!