2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

Jesus christ I'm a bag of nerves already.

Last year I wasn't that bothered about going so T-day was a breeze. Had an amazing year this year and don't think I could handle missing out.

Never missed out when I've tried, I must be due...

Edited by Messy

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, kaytee... said:

With the car park prices increasing its inevitable given that they have to rent the land and it got pretty churned up this year. Also a deterrent to get more people taking coaches/train. 

I dont drive personally but unless I had a campervan I would never drive to glasto when the coach journey is so simple and the walk from the coach park not far at all.

I don't drive either. Even without the coach package I come by public transport (shuttle bus/train/ferry). Way to go.

11 hours ago, kaytee... said:

With the car park prices increasing its inevitable given that they have to rent the land and it got pretty churned up this year. Also a deterrent to get more people taking coaches/train. 

Throw in the impact of traffic on the residents and surrounding area and I reckon you've got the big three there.  After the horrendous traffic this year it would make sense that one of the moves to placate the council and locals was a bigger push to get us to use the public transport.  

8 minutes ago, Quark said:

Throw in the impact of traffic on the residents and surrounding area and I reckon you've got the big three there.  After the horrendous traffic this year it would make sense that one of the moves to placate the council and locals was a bigger push to get us to use the public transport.  

Yeah, exactly this. Surely the inflated car-park prices just reflect the fact that they want more people to travel by public transport. Seems fair to me. 

2 hours ago, Dom Wall said:

First time trying this year...been wanting to go for years but never anyone to go with!

How easy is the train from London? How much stuff can you realistically carry on the train? Mates wanting to go by car because of the ease of carrying stuff but the traffic puts me off...

Train from London isn't a bad option, but my preference would be for the coach as it drops you off on site (usually; I know there were issues this year...) If you get the train, you need to then get a shuttle bus from Castle Cary, so it's an extra stage of the journey. Obviously the train is quicker, though, so... and I shouldn't really encourage anyway else to try for the coach! :)

In terms of carrying stuff, just imagine how much stuff you personally can carry to and from the train and there's your answer! I've never driven to the site and always managed, but it does mean you can't bring as much booze. 

4 of our 6 from this year have sucked out. Just me and my lad going. Currently convincing him we should at least try for coach. 

Will probably be going for Liverpool but IF we got Bristol, what are the options for somewhere to leave the car for 6 days? Can't imagine it would be cheap.

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Quite a few randoms I know have registered since the t-day announcement.

This is the worst bit of the Glasto calendar for me. T-Day is that mental, you have no time to think. This is the "worrying" time...

I know what you mean! I hate this time of year, its limbo! Your fate for the next year isn't sealed until after T day! I am worrying about it something rotten! I'm pleased T day is the 9th but its an extra week of worry!!

43 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

4 of our 6 from this year have sucked out. Just me and my lad going. Currently convincing him we should at least try for coach. 

Will probably be going for Liverpool but IF we got Bristol, what are the options for somewhere to leave the car for 6 days? Can't imagine it would be cheap.

The carpark at Glasto. 

34 minutes ago, mumzilla said:

Yes it always was but not this year- not sure if this a good or bad thing! Well spotted.

I had missed that also but agree not sure if good or bad. It does help if you're trying for a group in not having to make sure you've transferred everyones money to your bank account in time etc. Personally I'll still be using debit as have already set aside my deposit money. I wonder if they'll sting you for a credit card charge as well

I'm surprised they've added credit cards. Don't they have to pay a transaction fee whereas debit cards are free? That's the excuse used by the increasing number of companies who charge an excess for credit cards.

Reckon I'll continue using debit cards, never considered it an issue for group bookings as we always settle up with the successful purchaser immediately.

6 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I'm surprised they've added credit cards. Don't they have to pay a transaction fee whereas debit cards are free? That's the excuse used by the increasing number of companies who charge an excess for credit cards.

Reckon I'll continue using debit cards, never considered it an issue for group bookings as we always settle up with the successful purchaser immediately.

Assuming the systems haven't changed over the past few years merchants will charge a flat fee for a debit card transaction whereas credit cards are charged on a percentage of the transaction value.

On Monday, September 12, 2016 at 3:48 PM, Funkyfairy! said:

On a plane on the 9th - totally gutted, deliberately didn;t book holiday for the 2nd so that I'd be around to try for tickets --- not funny - oh well I guess the odds are all stacked up against us for next year with the following one being a fallow year !

Ack, I'm stuffed too- due to start a training course on counselling children and young people that weekend (it got moved back from the week before) - weep! 

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Assuming the systems haven't changed over the past few years merchants will charge a flat fee for a debit card transaction whereas credit cards are charged on a percentage of the transaction value.

It's depends on the merchant supplier but around 2.75% is a standard fee + 0.20p per transaction for both debit and credit, with American Express and PayPal transactions costing more. But bigger companies can pay a standard monthly fee for reduced rates but only on debit cards, I don't think the fee can be reduced on credit cards.  

Noticed Seetickets accepts paypal, does this exclude Glastonbury? It would make the transaction a lot quicker for some people if they enable paypal payments and login automatically.

Was pretty relaxed about ticket day until yesterday, I work in a team of 5 and we can have two off at a time. one of my colleagues casually mentioned their holiday in June, I checked the Holiday calendar and sure enough they had booked off the Glastonbury period. I quickly got in there and booked it off (never like to tempt fate by doing it before normally) and my manager approved it.

Then out of the blue today another colleague started asking me about when to buy a campervan ticket and do you buy them at the same time as tickets etc etc, she had the registration form up on the screen and was uploading her picture...

Obviously my holiday has been approved already and she hasn't submitted hers but if we both get tickets I'm not sure whats going to happen!

5 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

There are places you could leave the car for free in Bristol that are walkable to the coach station and safe enough. It'd be no different to me leaving my car outside my house for the 5 days. I'm sure there are enough Bristol members who can make suggestions of roads if it comes to that.

36 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Obviously my holiday has been approved already and she hasn't submitted hers but if we both get tickets I'm not sure whats going to happen!

Then the person who has booked a non-Glastonbury holiday during Glastonbury will have to re-evaluate their life.