2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the mud will make it easier to get tickets than if it was a sunny year.

However I think the mud effect doesn't  have a huge impact on the difficulty, might put a few thousand people off from the hundreds of thousands trying but if it was sunny it might have added a few thousand extra if you get my drift.

As much as I'd love a 100% dry glasto the mud can sometimes be part of the beauty of the festival. My favourite mud memory was the vicar of dibley style puddle by the oxylers entrance to silver hayes in 2013 (I think). A crowd eventually gathered to watch it claim victim after victim, all of whom were good sports about it, thankfully. 

Moral of the story don't be put off by the mud as glasto has a way of making everything fun.   

21 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I'm absolutely terrified, I have the real fear this year. None of my usual glastonbury buddies got tickets this year, and I only did via an efester! My colleagues and family are dreading me not getting tickets as I'll be a nightmare. 

Silly question how do you get tickets via another e fester . I am thinking of asking someone from work who is going to try and get tickets for us at same time as I am trying . Obviously would help reciprocal.  But how does it work in respect of ticket deliveris etc . 

3 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Silly question how do you get tickets via another e fester . I am thinking of asking someone from work who is going to try and get tickets for us at same time as I am trying . Obviously would help reciprocal.  But how does it work in respect of ticket deliveris etc . 

It's down to the individual how the balance is paid off in April. One person can pay off a group's tickets and have them all delivered to one address, but more usually if it's a large group people will pay off the balance individually. 

Be sure you're very careful when joining multiple groups though. If your reg details appear on a group that successfully gets tickets, your details will block another group with the same details until they are removed. They may not thank you for that. 

5 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Cheers for that.  We will only be getting 2 and person I may ask would only be getting 2 so should be ok. May ask another couple of mates who aren't going just to try for me as ok letting them book with my card details etc 

If you ask your mates to try for you get them to try for all 4. Otherwise you get the scenario where your mates score you the 2 tickets you need leaving the other person looking for 2 tickets locked out. It can be resolved by deleting your details from the other persons booking form, but it's not always obvious what's going on and the time taken to delete them can be crucial. 

The same goes for the other person trying for 2. You wouldn't appreciate it if they added their details to another list and found yourself locked out when you come to book yours. 

1 minute ago, MadScientist said:

Anyone got the backdoor link to the booking page? Trying to get my browser to memorise the bank deets and registration numbers 

It's not available until the site goes live now. It was the one that ended add details, but it just redirects to Event not found now. 

I think MadScientist just wants the booking page so she can get her browser's auto fill feature to store the booking details. In the past you could use the direct link to the reg page as a short cut, but nowadays navigating to the reg page just puts you back to the holding page, negating any possible benefit. 

On 03/09/2016 at 5:25 PM, thewayiam said:

Enjoy it mate, I need to renew my photo to be fair and I have no eagerness to do that atm. I just can't be arsed with it all. There would only be two of us going this time and different ideas on camping spot etc etc anyway so.

Thank you. I guess we all have our reasons to go or not to. For me Glastonbury is too big now - in terms of these ageing bones can't take the strain even when medicated. I guess it's also got a bit tame for me. That said, I don't blame people for falling over themselves trying to get a ticket. It's still a great bash and a moment in time which is the antidote to normal life.

28 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Thank you. I guess we all have our reasons to go or not to. For me Glastonbury is too big now - in terms of these ageing bones can't take the strain even when medicated. I guess it's also got a bit tame for me. That said, I don't blame people for falling over themselves trying to get a ticket. It's still a great bash and a moment in time which is the antidote to normal life.

I don't think I'm quite as old lol but yes indeed.

25 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think I'm quite as old lol but yes indeed.

I went to Glastonbury just weeks after having to have half my colon removed. I've never been the same with the place since. Kinda thinking I've had my time and shouldn't take someone younger's place. It's their turn now not mine again.

9 hours ago, lazzareo said:

I'll be in NYC when tickets go on sale so will need to be up and ready to go for 5am.  I assume it's possible to purchase from the USA and no restrictions?

Isn't it a 5 hour difference? So, 4am. I've looked and it is wintertime 4 hour difference only by late October. Just saying, hope that saves the trauma of getting up at 5am only to be too late!

Edited by Avalon_Fields

2 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Isn't it a 5 hour difference? So, 4am. I've looked and it is wintertime 4 hour difference only by late October. Just saying, hope that saves the trauma of getting up at 5am only to be too late!

Thanks - I had it in my head that tickets went on sale at 10am UK time so if its 9am then I'll be up at 4am :-)

2 hours ago, Untz said:

Just got a notification through about a change in the Tour page and I started having flashbacks to last May.

I feel confused and vulnerable.

Me too. Got me excited. Then sick with nerves. This year, I'm not around on 2nd Oct and I'm the one who always seems to be able to get our tickets (2013 was a blip in an otherwise perfect record!). Gah!