2017 Ticket Sale

mufcok

Does anyone know roughly when the ticket sale dates will be announced?

I know the sale is usually the first weekend of October. I've been invited on a stag do that weekend, could really do without being abroad when the sale is on..

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They won't be going.. already made the first school boy error I've saying I might not be able to come because of the ticket sale. I'll just tell them and take the flack. i'll be at the wedding.. some things are more important

Just wondered if there's a chance it might not be the first weekend of October for once.. 

Well it's been discussed (can't be arsed to look where) that it may move to the 9th to keep the coach sale within October too. Personally I'm lucky this year in that I should be at home (that is - not at bloody work) for both the 2nd and the 9th. As long as they sell out by 10:15. Which they will.

Can you not buy tickets if you are abroad at the time? I only ask because on one of the resale last year I got onto the payment page and it never completed the transaction just holding for about 10 minutes then it said tickets all sold out 

I think you should be able to.. technically. The thought of trying to get on wifi wherever I'd be in a hotel/hostel/internet cafe though.. I'd be no use to the group and our chances. 

I can't seem to find when the sale date was announced last year

1 hour ago, mufcok said:

I think you should be able to.. technically. The thought of trying to get on wifi wherever I'd be in a hotel/hostel/internet cafe though.. I'd be no use to the group and our chances. 

@CaledonianGonzo found it a breeze! Although IIRC he was at the airport! :)

4 hours ago, mufcok said:

I got 2 tickets in the resale within 5 minutes using hotel wifi in a Budapest hotel in April.

If you have a decent wifi signal it shouldn't be any more difficult than at home.

8 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

My mate got tickets in the middle of the Irish Sea on ferry WiFi one year. 

In 2010 I got tickets from a rig off the Shetland Islands in the middle of the North Sea using dial up Internet. All bought and paid for by 5 past 9! Never had it so easy before or since.:(

11 hours ago, mufcok said:

Does anyone know roughly when the ticket sale dates will be announced?

I know the sale is usually the first weekend of October. I've been invited on a stag do that weekend, could really do without being abroad when the sale is on..

As I said on another thread  -  The festival run is the 9th so we (the committee) have checked that it does not clash with ticket day. GF said they are working towards having ticket day on the 2nd.

From the horses mouth rather than hearsay

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

As I said on another thread  -  The festival run is the 9th so we (the committee) have checked that it does not clash with ticket day. GF said they are working towards having ticket day on the 2nd.

From the horses mouth rather than hearsay

And there was I practicing my F5 technique whilst jogging; thIs is indeed good news as it wasn't going well :)

Whilst the wifi stories are very reassuring, it's also the fact I don't trust myself getting up after a heavy night on it and also if I have to use my phone I'm incredibly slow compared to a laptop

I'll just break the news at some point, sure he'll understand...

Next year's going to be my first going by coach; does anyone have any views on whether the advance sale coach package is a better or worse deal than buying general and then booking a coach separately?

Thinking in terms of both price and the available travel slots, as I want to get there as early as possible!

11 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Every year you see posts on here 'bollox i won't get there till eight' or 'fucking hell I'm setting off back at seven in the morning' countered with the 'brilliant six am from leeds perfect' type of thing. 

Would rather not leave that sort of thing to chance personally but if the choice is that or not going at all there's only one winner. 

Hmm.  Tricky one.  Have to balance up the option of an extra shot at a ticket against the possibility of shite travel times.  And presumably if you get through with a coach package then you can't attempt again in general sale, so it's all or nothing!

But as you say, if it means you get a ticket then suck it up!