I don't know if this has been posted, but every festival should offer this - Class A drug testing

mike86

28 minutes ago, russycarps said:

what difference does that make? 

Are you a Puritan?

Perhaps you need reminding what happened to oliver cromwell's corpse? It was dug up, hung by chains from tyburn gallows, and had it's severed head displayed on a pole for 25 years.

That's what people think of the likes of you.

He would have needed some pain relief after that ...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, russycarps said:

what difference does that make? 

Are you a Puritan?

Perhaps you need reminding what happened to oliver cromwell's corpse? It was dug up, hung by chains from tyburn gallows, and had it's severed head displayed on a pole for 25 years.

That's what people think of the likes of you.

U what m8? Perhaps you Cavalier scum need reminding that us Roundheads took your kings head off? 

How anyone can think this is anything but a good thing and a massive step forward is beyond me

It's fantastic of the police to allow this and fantastic of The Secret Garden Party to give its punters a platform to know whether they're being put in any danger or not. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see this introduced on a wider scale next year. I for one would welcome it to Glastonbury, I wouldn't personally use it as I wouldn't take anything which I was sure what it was or how strong it was 

Making people more safe has to be a good thing.

I have a genuine question, since I have never touched any of this stuff, so am totally ignorant, but what are your thoughts on the supply chain? Given that the people in the chain (from growing/manufacture through to distribution) are a bit dodgy does this bother you?

Legalisation would help solve this?

14 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

I have a genuine question, since I have never touched any of this stuff, so am totally ignorant, but what are your thoughts on the supply chain? Given that the people in the chain (from growing/manufacture through to distribution) are a bit dodgy does this bother you?

Yes to both.  I obviously don't touch the stuff though.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

6 minutes ago, hfuhruhurr said:

They'll obviously be people who try and make as much money out of the product as they can, but cutting it or pressing with a lot of nonsense, legalisation would definitely cut out all that funny business. The problem a lot of the time nowadays though isn't as much the rubbish cut in with it, but the purity of the product. A lot of pills and clocking a lot higher mg of MDMA in them than they did in years gone by, hence people don't expect it to be so strong and take too many too quickly which then becomes a big problem. 

I'm all for legalisation, but it would also probably cut out the real high purity stuff going about just now, which if used correctly, is a lot of fun 

7 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They'll obviously be people who try and make as much money out of the product as they can, but cutting it or pressing with a lot of nonsense, legalisation would definitely cut out all that funny business. The problem a lot of the time nowadays though isn't as much the rubbish cut in with it, but the purity of the product. A lot of pills and clocking a lot higher mg of MDMA in them than they did in years gone by, hence people don't expect it to be so strong and take too many too quickly which then becomes a big problem. 

I'm all for legalisation, but it would also probably cut out the real high purity stuff going about just now, which if used correctly, is a lot of fun 

Assuming the quality remains at this level (which it would if legal + regulated), then surely this is a short term issue.  I would restate our current problem as inconsistent quality/strength.  As long as it's consistent, then the dosage judgement problem goes away.  

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Assuming the quality remains at this level (which it would if legal + regulated), then surely this is a short term issue.  I would restate our current problem as inconsistent quality/strength.  As long as it's consistent, then the dosage judgement problem goes away.  

I always presumed with legalisation would come laws on how strong substances could be, I don't see them passing anything to allow them to be 250mg +

Of course I'm basing this purely on opinion and presumption 

6 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I always presumed with legalisation would come laws on how strong substances could be, I don't see them passing anything to allow them to be 250mg +

Of course I'm basing this purely on opinion and presumption 

You'll have to forgive my lack of knowledge here, but say the pills contained x amount of the active substance, even if that's lower than what's currently available, couldn't you just take more of the pills to reach the same level?

2 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

You'll have to forgive my lack of knowledge here, but say the pills contained x amount of the active substance, even if that's lower than what's currently available, couldn't you just take more of the pills to reach the same level?

Yep I suppose you could, but it's what else they put in the pills to beef them up, that wouldn't be a problem if they legalised them because they'd probably just make them smaller 

The purer pills or MDMA is, the better you feel at the time, and the better you feel after it (if taken correctly) as much as I think legalisation would be the best solution to take rubbish out of circulation, education of what you're getting yourself into and testing of the product because you use it, is just now, the best way to make sure you and the people you know are safe 

2 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

you could, but then that's up to you. 125mg is apparently the safe/sensible amount of MDMA to take in a single dose so if it were ever legalised i couldn't see them going above that amount in a single pill. want to double up? take two, but at your own risk after having no doubt been warned not to by some 'stay safe' guidelines 

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

How anyone can think this is anything but a good thing and a massive step forward is beyond me

It's fantastic of the police to allow this and fantastic of The Secret Garden Party to give its punters a platform to know whether they're being put in any danger or not.

Was anything stated as being dangerous in the drugs tested?  The articles I've read (Vice) seem to mostly have stuff being mis-sold (Malaria tablets, concrete (!?!)) or with relatively harmless additives (e.g. sugar).

Or is this simply from a purity standpoint?

I've always assumed the "they add rat poison to pills" line to be absolute guff.

(Obviously, when people were taking PMA rather than MDMA and overdosed accidentally, that's another matter)

This really is a great idea and if the police were genuinely behind it and not 'hiding round the corner' then it can only ever be seen as a good thing.

One point on the buying inside festivals though. Surely it's easy enough to get what you want these days without resorting to this desperation? Every time I visited the Sacred Space this year through the daytime I was pretty dismayed to see the same 4 or 5 miscreants shouting their wares over and over. They even had a ringleader, an older bloke who must have been a marginally cleverer in that he didn't have any on him and just directed potential customers to His 'gang'. Now all this was done completely out in the open without any kind of discretion. Obviously they would sink away as soon as any police were spotted but do the police not have any sort of undercover presence?

Well yes it is, but the police do their best to scare people into not taking their own known and hence relatively safe drugs - they seem to much prefer the situation where people don't know what they're taking so they get headlines. Imagine how many officers and budgets are caught up in the process? Maybe it's in their interest to keep it this way

And yeah they do have undercovers but they usually stick out like sore thumbs. Those that don't are too valuable to waste on a festival when you know there's little real reason. It's fun to spend a while sober somewhere elevated and watch them - they're rather unamused when you try and give each of them a glowstick then point out having them all grumpily refuse it was a bit of a giveaway

7 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Somwhere like T in the Park this should be mandatory especially after the deaths this year.  

I don't think you'd get a lot of people at TITP going to do it unfortunately. It's a culture problem with a lot of young people in Scotland 

On 27/07/2016 at 11:41 PM, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Nice.

Daily Mail readers [if not actual, then in spirit] each and every last one of you.

There's a 100% effective way to ensure absolutely no-one dies from drugs at the festival and that's to strip-search everyone going in and adopt a complete zero tolerance policy. I'd assume you wouldn't be in favour of that, even though it would provably save lives? You probably value those civil liberties more.

But yeah, I'm one of those Daily Mail readers, we're known for our hard line stance on total legalisation of all drugs everywhere. It's one of their regular campaigns. "Legalise smack now" is often the page three headline after "did immigrants die" and "starlet's cellulite scandal".

46 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

I don't really get the whole thing, i only heard about it after Secret Garden Party - but how does it work? 

Is there a tent, where you all queue nicely waiting for someone to test your drugs? 

If it's anything like they have been doing in the states for a few years now, yes pretty much. A tent where you take a tiny sample of your goodies and they have test kits to check substances are what they are supposed to be 

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

There's a 100% effective way to ensure absolutely no-one dies from drugs at the festival and that's to strip-search everyone going in and adopt a complete zero tolerance policy. I'd assume you wouldn't be in favour of that, even though it would provably save lives? You probably value those civil liberties more.

But yeah, I'm one of those Daily Mail readers, we're known for our hard line stance on total legalisation of all drugs everywhere. It's one of their regular campaigns. "Legalise smack now" is often the page three headline after "did immigrants die" and "starlet's cellulite scandal".

How many lives were lost due to drugs at festivals this year? 

3 hours ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

How many lives were lost due to drugs at festivals this year? 

No lives were lost, but quite a number of hours, I expect.  I'm still missing Saturday night 2009 and if anyone finds it I'd dearly like it back, if only to find out what the hell I got up to.

5 hours ago, gmb1992 said:

I don't really get the whole thing, i only heard about it after Secret Garden Party - but how does it work? 

Is there a tent, where you all queue nicely waiting for someone to test your drugs? 

I'm not sure if Secret Garden Party where charging people or not but essentially you just give them some drugs, they run a test on it and then tell you what substance you actually have. If you go in with something thinking it's MDMA and it comes out as you actually have MDMA then there's no reprecussions and you're in for a good night. If it comes out that you have bath salts then you're still welcome to consume the bath salts just you're being idiotic.

The whole thing is a fantastic idea and the only real reason I can see for people being against it is because it 'promotes drug use'. The people who think this way tend to be the people who read articles about people dying from taking dodgy pills and the first thing they think is "serves them right, why would anyone take a pill when they don't know what's in it?". Hypocrits really.

1 minute ago, jonodillieono said:

I'm not sure if Secret Garden Party where charging people or not but essentially you just give them some drugs, they run a test on it and then tell you what substance you actually have. If you go in with something thinking it's MDMA and it comes out as you actually have MDMA then there's no reprecussions and you're in for a good night. If it comes out that you have bath salts then you're still welcome to consume the bath salts just you're being idiotic.

The whole thing is a fantastic idea and the only real reason I can see for people being against it is because it 'promotes drug use'. The people who think this way tend to be the people who read articles about people dying from taking dodgy pills and the first thing they think is "serves them right, why would anyone take a pill when they don't know what's in it?". Hypocrits really.

Ruins the placebo effect though doesn't it?