Camp Bestival

donshakey

I know it's the wrong thread but the Mrs is taking the kids to CB on Thursday. Does anybody know how big the festival is and do you need to get there asap Thursday morning to get a good spot? Or is it so small it doesn't really matter?

ps they're camping in the motorhome site. 

Edited by donshakey

Never been, would like to one day, sounds pretty good. From what I've heard it's reasonably large but not anything like Glasto size. I'm guessing a quarter of the size, anyone?  Tickets seem to be still onsale but the golden rule with any festival (or any social gathering!) is to get there as early as poss to get a good spot!

motor home site had loads of space last year, like Glasto you get directed to the next available space by stewards but, not like Glastonbury, you then take your car off to a car park for the weekend.  The motorhome camping area is furthest away from the arena but still only about a 10min walk (10 mins for adult - with young kids add the usual contingency!).  There is also quite a steep hill coming back from the arena to your van (not quite in the hill of death category but testing for a 4 year old after a long day in the festival as we found to our cost last year).  I think this year there is a second camper site further out with shuttle buses - don't have any info on this as it is new this year so may depend on which one she is booked into anyway.

Hope she and the kids enjoy it.

• 11 months later...

Take a coat, weather forecast is awful for this weekend! 

45 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

So following on from this thread from last year we are going for a Saturday day ticket with the family. 

Any tips? Thanks in advance...

I've gone Saturday for the day for the last 2 years with 2 of my kids (3 & 5 last year)

its a great festival, bigger than I expected (I was expecting end of the road size fest - nothing like it, a lot bigger!) and 90% of the stuff there is aimed at the kids. My lot loved it & are gutted we're not going again this year (other plans that wkend) but my cousin is going down with her 2 kids for the third year in a row.

the weather has been stunning both years we've been as well which helps B)

take some food with you as it's pricey, and don't miss the insect circus which is wonderful or big bears big balloon disco which is bonkers :)

9 hours ago, mario man said:

I've gone Saturday for the day for the last 2 years with 2 of my kids (3 & 5 last year)

its a great festival, bigger than I expected (I was expecting end of the road size fest - nothing like it, a lot bigger!) and 90% of the stuff there is aimed at the kids. My lot loved it & are gutted we're not going again this year (other plans that wkend) but my cousin is going down with her 2 kids for the third year in a row.

the weather has been stunning both years we've been as well which helps B)

take some food with you as it's pricey, and don't miss the insect circus which is wonderful or big bears big balloon disco which is bonkers :)

thanks for advice. My children are 3.5 and 2 so probably going to aim it more at the older one and the other one can just potter! Would the insect circus and big nears big balloon disco appeal to someone 3.5? Cheers

14 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

thanks for advice. My children are 3.5 and 2 so probably going to aim it more at the older one and the other one can just potter! Would the insect circus and big nears big balloon disco appeal to someone 3.5? Cheers

The insect circus goes on for an hour, so may test their patience, but the first year I went my youngest was not yet 3 and sat mesmerised for most of the show! 

The balloon disco is a bit crazy but they will love it - however you will find it bloody stressful trying to keep an eye on them as they will be going nuts grabbing balloons

its a great festival, enjoy! 

8 hours ago, mario man said:

The insect circus goes on for an hour, so may test their patience, but the first year I went my youngest was not yet 3 and sat mesmerised for most of the show! 

The balloon disco is a bit crazy but they will love it - however you will find it bloody stressful trying to keep an eye on them as they will be going nuts grabbing balloons

its a great festival, enjoy! 

Thanks