iPlayer last chance

siblin

We have the rest of today to watch the sets from this years Glastonbury on iplayer,  before they're removed never to be seen again. 

Does anyone have any more, err, permanent solutions?  I wish I'd recorded the gigs I wanted to save from TV when I had the chance.

Always annoys me this when they remove everything making it permanently inaccessible. There ought to be some sort of archive access route available for this years and previous years coverage, but presumably they feel this is just too expensive to justify. Just finished get-iplayer'ing everything down I wanted to keep, however there will likely come a time when this facility no longer works and they find a way to prevent the utility from being used. I don't think get-iplayer is even still updated is it?

7 hours ago, siblin said:

We have the rest of today to watch the sets from this years Glastonbury on iplayer,  before they're removed never to be seen again. 

Does anyone have any more, err, permanent solutions?  I wish I'd recorded the gigs I wanted to save from TV when I had the chance.

This is discussed elsewhere on here but aside from torrents, 'get_iplayer' is one solution - try https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/faq.  It's a bit fiddly and techie, but given your marvellous monitor that shouldn't pose any problems for you Siblin!

To put off the cut-off a little longer, you can still (today) choose the Download option on iPlayer for sets you want to see, and this gives you another 30 days to watch them.

Edit: actually it gives you another 24 *hours* to watch them! Eek!

Edited by billum
30 days becomes 24 hours!

I'm currently without a laptop, so am unable to download anything. I seem to remember someone saying last year that getiplayer gives you access to the archived iplayer footage from every year? So I will be able to download it at a later date?

If not I will just hope that someone has all this stuff saved somewhere in HD. M83 in particular.

10 hours ago, Watergirl said:

I watched quite a few gigs that I had missed this year. Coldplay was very impressive.

Caught Guy Garvey's set just in time. Very nice indeed.

Yes my mate was at Guy (you can see him in the audience) and I'm sorry I wasn't with him after watching the set on iPlayer - Guy has such an amazing way of relating to the audience, he's a true master performer in a much broader sense than just a singer (whether you love or hate his music). Lad'll go far ;)

On 7/25/2016 at 6:50 PM, Brave Sir Robin said:

This is discussed elsewhere on here but aside from torrents, 'get_iplayer' is one solution - try https://github.com/get-iplayer/get_iplayer/wiki/faq.  It's a bit fiddly and techie, but given your marvellous monitor that shouldn't pose any problems for you Siblin!

If only I had known about this in time really.  I'll be looking at doing that next year.

In the mean time looks like im hunting for torrents like everyone else.

7 hours ago, gerardfenton18 said:

brilliant, i searched allover for this at the weekend. 

between this post and my last I've just found out i won tickets to a concert of my choice in August between Fatboy, Madness, Disclosure, Corrs or Noel.

Fatboy or Madness 

If it helps I saw Madness at Y Not at the weekend.  Suggs was utterly gillespied and the whole atmosphere was a little flat.... Noel on the other hand smashed it (and Im not a particular fan of his).

I've got all of them, pretty much, although some of them didn't download properly.  Try and find them elsewhere, since they're not all on my dropbox and I don't want to make this place to conspicuous for copyrighted materials, but if you need anything, I should be able to sort you out.  I've got most of 2015 too.

On 8/2/2016 at 9:06 PM, stuwilky said:

If it helps I saw Madness at Y Not at the weekend.  Suggs was utterly gillespied and the whole atmosphere was a little flat.... Noel on the other hand smashed it (and Im not a particular fan of his).

we had to pic our top 3 (so if our top pick isn't available or almost sold out i suppose they give u the next)

we picked madness, then fat boy , then Noel. we got Fatboy i just hope he plays something similar to Glasto, i missed it and its a cracker