cidy

Pilton party

3 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

Bit much mate? What is the problem with people buying tickets for their mates?

No problem if they're local. That's what I was doing. However, they weren't local and The Pilton Party is primarily for locals only. If there are any tickets left over after today, they go on sale to non-locals and that's the chance for non-locals to purchase them.

Edited by Ommadawn

1 hour ago, majormajormajor said:

Who sells things to a mate at a profit?

I didn't say they were.

3 hours ago, majormajormajor said:

Who sells things to a mate at a profit?

Quite....but the notion of 6 people buying the absolute maximum they could to 'sell on' suggests a degree of profiteering in mind.  Unless that is they have 54 'mates' lined up that they know all want to schlep down from the Midlands for one evening.

Tickets are all now sold. The girl a few doors down from me was unable to get tickets for 5 of her mates so those people from the Midlands (plus loads more I guess) stopped locals from getting tickets. :(

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Ommadawn said:

Tickets are all now sold. The girl a few doors down from me was unable to get tickets for 5 of her mates so those people from the Midlands (plus loads more I guess) stopped locals from getting tickets. :(

Proof of address needed for future years? Would hold up the queue a bit but ensure tickets go to the right people.

People may think im being selfish but i really hope tickets went to locals and friendship groups! The thought of them going to people and being sold for profit just makes me feel sad! Being a local pilton party is very much a thank you to the villagers to raise funds for their commnity! Have a good evening guys!!! Ax

• Upvote 1

If anyone knows of coaches going from Bath for this, we have a couple of friends who work in Bath who are looking for a way there! I know there's no official ones but just anywhere running one :) 

Edited by strummer77

4 hours ago, RickW said:

Proof of address needed for future years? Would hold up the queue a bit but ensure tickets go to the right people.

The vast majority are local in fairness. I think there was only any issue because of a few chancers being in the town beacuse it the same day as the Abbey gig. Maybe just avoid the clash between ticket sales and the Abbey Extravaganza.

Edited by strummer77
  • Upvote 1

Hi All

I have one spare ticket for the Pilton Party on Friday night. Please DM me if you would like it. 

£25 face value no booking fee. 

Thanks 

Was Nice to see some friends.. 

• Upvote 1